IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

57 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

I don't really have any suggestions, but does it happen with the "PC keyboard" option both on and off?

Yes ... I tried different combinations of "PC keyboard" and "Map arrow keys to Fctn+SDEX". All testing is done against https://js99er.net/ to be sure that I didn't mess up my local clone. 

As mentioned, only one of my PC is affected. I don't see anything we can do right now but being irritated. I'll keep an eye on it and if anybody experience the same issue, please contact me, so we can look for similarities in our installations.

Thank you and all others, who contributed.

3 hours ago, Retrospect said:

Two questions I would ask are ..... What version of XB are you running and is there an issue with the XB .... and also does this problem happen in Classic99 and Mame ... in standard XB or variants?

I had the same idea .. I tried standard XB 1.1, XB 2.7 G.E.M. and RXB 2024. Classic99 works perfect with "0 - Keyboard" joystick-setting, just like the old non-angular https://old.js99er.net/ .. I don't have MAME installed. 

As mentioned, let's call it quits until someone else has the same issue and we can start to compare the configurations of our PC. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Asmusr - i noticed that online js99 version is dated july 21, 2024 -- but the github still showing last update was may 12th.

do you know when the latest fixes will be committed, as i want to update my online version at ti99ers to the latest build, to keep it current.

is there a changelog, i don't see any mention of any major changes, only possible one in the comments is something to do with ; key on the on-screen keyboard with ipad, was that the only change to the new version from may 12 to july 21.

thanks.

Edited by Gary from OPA

• 1 month later...

I have released a new version with support for the V9938 VDP based on a conversion of the MAME implementation. I don't have much software to test, but YAPP, the GIF viewer that @Gary from OPA posted recently, and also his GDEMO on the String art disk are working. The XHI demo is not working (syntax error). I would be interested in other things to test that show some of the v9938's graphic abilities (not just 80 columns text).

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

I have released a new version with support for the V9938 VDP based on a conversion of the MAME implementation. I don't have much software to test, but YAPP, the GIF viewer that @Gary from OPA posted recently, and also his GDEMO on the String art disk are working. The XHI demo is not working (syntax error). I would be interested in other things to test that show some of the v9938's graphic abilities (not just 80 columns text).

If it has 80 column capability, I'd suggest Funnel Web the 80 column version, that'd be cool to see. You do have the 80 disk review and such on it.

15 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

If it has 80 column capability, I'd suggest Funnel Web the 80 column version, that'd be cool to see. You do have the 80 disk review and such on it.

I have a 1440 KB disk with FunnelWeb 80, but I haven't managed to get it to work in MAME or JS99'er.

3 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Great job as usage. Let me know when you updated the GitHub as well with the changes.

One question, how much vdp ram is supported in the version. 128k or less or the full 192k?

2 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Great job as usage. Let me know when you updated the GitHub as well with the changes.

One question, how much vdp ram is supported in the version. 128k or less or the full 192k?

It is already pushed to GitHub to the v9938 branch. It supports the full 192K. Everything that works in MAME is expected to work here.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

It is already pushed to GitHub to the v9938 branch. It supports the full 192K. Everything that works in MAME is expected to work here.

Ok thanks, I will take a look. As I want to clone it for my local copy and update my ti99ers.com online version which runs my SOB so would be great to have v9938 as default as well on my copy.

Again. Amazing job as always. Now we just need more cool v9938 software to make usage of it. I am going to test out funnelweb as well as one thing I miss is being able to use it fully, as it wants the extra ram for file buffers and makes usage of the 4 colors available in 80 col mode. So even tho f18a does 80col mode, it only has 16k and the diskreview part of funnelweb screws up so you can't do Show Directory on classic99 or previously with js99er under f18a, so will be nice to see if working fully now and being able to load in long source files to edit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Asmusr said:

I have a 1440 KB disk with FunnelWeb 80, but I haven't managed to get it to work in MAME or JS99'er.

You're app apparently isn't HD sensitive. I created a DSDD disk image with TiImageTool and copied and pasted all the files. saved the image and loaded it into your webapp, and using TIXB, Funnelweb 80 col is working in JS99er.

FW80.dsk

FW80 diskreview.jpg

Edited by RickyDean
added content
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Asmusr said:

I am very happy that the V9938 will be supported in js99er. This allows me to support the 9938 besides the F18a. With that in place I could run Stevie on mame. Mainly for debugging purposes, that is. js99er is my main driver for development, combined with classic99.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RickyDean said:

You're app apparently isn't HD sensitive. I created a DSDD disk image with TiImageTool and copied and pasted all the files. saved the image and loaded it into your webapp, and using TIXB, Funnelweb 80 col is working in JS99er.

That's great, thanks. I'm not sure why a 720K disk is working while a 1440K disk is not working, but there's something about the allocation units that change with the bigger disks.

The XHI demo is actually also working if you know how to run it: after it fails, run DSK.HIRESDEMO manually. So now all the V9938 software that I'm aware of works.

I released a new version where I fixed an issue with the palette. It's now a bit lighter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Asmusr said:

I'm not sure why a 720K disk is working while a 1440K disk is not working, but there's something about the allocation units that change with the bigger disks.

The file cluster nybbles must also be adjusted by a power of two to account for them being only 12 bits wide.   Only the Geneve OS has a DSR that will properly read/write at this capacity.  Ninerpedia has some good, additional information about the cluster bytes. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 12:07 AM, RickyDean said:

This should be fixed now. You can load the big disk and it will work. 

Rasmus, I can't remember the name of the software I loaded into JS99er the other day, but a screen came up saying it didn't work with Myarc disk controller, or words to that effect.

I didn't realize the controller was Myarc, I thought JS99er used the standard TI Disk controllers?