IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

Hi. Sorry to break in like this, just wanted to mention , it just so happens JS99er runs really great on an Acer Chromebook.

I was playing Scramble on the TI while on a train the other day. I only stopped because I threw up a bit with travel sickness. It was awesome.

Nip over to vorticon's site for great games, you can get the disk to route to the download folder and you are in TI heaven in no time.

My main emulator of use is Classic99 for making my programs on or if im in the house. for work/travelling it's js99er with the chromebook everytime. Life has actually improved.

• Like 2

I was playing Scramble on the TI while on a train the other day. I only stopped because I threw up a bit with travel sickness. It was awesome.

That made me laugh out loud! You make it sound like it was the throwing up that was awesome!

:woozy: <-- spewing icon!

• Like 2

Rasmus, have you noticed that the smartphone icon for js99'er seems to have disappeared? If I add bookmark to home screen in android now for js99'er, I get a generic bookmark icon.

cheers

Daryn

You should get the right icon now if you use the "Add to homescreen" option from Chrome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rasmus! I would like to ask you for permission to integrate an Js99er Emulator into Web99. You can find information about Web99 here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/238433-web99-search-your-tifilesdisks-v05-beta-2-now-with-classic99-export/

Sure, but do you have a plan for how to integrate it? It doesn't have a command line interface, you know.

• Like 1

I quickly checked the source code and saw that it's using json format for cartridges and a windows file dialog if you select a tifile for your DSK. So I would customize the code a bit in order to feed it with a certain program / object automatically.

The goal is to have a JS99er visible in a tab on the right side to be able to run what ever program is selected on the left side in the big tree.

• Like 1

I quickly checked the source code and saw that it's using json format for cartridges and a windows file dialog if you select a tifile for your DSK. So I would customize the code a bit in order to feed it with a certain program / object automatically.

The goal is to have a JS99er visible in a tab on the right side to be able to run what ever program is selected on the left side in the big tree.

Cool

Rasmus may be able to develop an API to allow you to supply the program/object. That way you don't end up forking the software, and save yourself work when you want to use the latest version of JS99er.

OK, so you're planning on opening a web browser in a tab? You probably also need a small web server in order to serve the selected files. And then you need to modify the JS99er code to accept URL parameters specifying which files to download and a way to automate the loading and running of disk files. Perhaps it can be done, but it's probably easier to use MESS or Classic99 where it has been done before (e.g. GameBase).

WIth "Tab" I actually meant a tab inside Web99, not in a web browser. Currently there are Tabs for "SearchFilter", "Content", "Meta Data" and "Relations". But never mind.

I didn't manage it to run the emu as such inside the application yesterday night, but I was really tired from work, so doesn't mean much. It always showed me script errors about undefined objects.

Maybe those are not defined due to security restriction that are on by default. I tried using such an Webbrowser Control: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2te2y1x6%28v=vs.110%29.aspx.

But I don't want to spam this thread. Enough, unitl I have something to show :)

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just played around with js99er on my newly acquired Samsung Galaxy S5—very cool, indeed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In searching for emulator apps, I found Droid-99, which does not work on Android 5.0—TI screen is garbled. I finally remembered js99er—I'm old...what can I say? The keyboard is a little challenging for my fat fingers, but it works!

Can you post fbForth 2.0:5 when you get some time, Rasmus?

...lee

Just played around with js99er on my newly acquired Samsung Galaxy S5—very cool, indeed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In searching for emulator apps, I found Droid-99, which does not work on Android 5.0—TI screen is garbled. I finally remembered js99er—I'm old...what can I say? The keyboard is a little challenging for my fat fingers, but it works!

Can you post fbForth 2.0:5 when you get some time, Rasmus?

...lee

Sure, done.

• Like 1

Hi Rasmus

I've spotted an issue , you're probably already aware of, JS99er doesn't seem to be behaving very well with the EXSD keys during gameplay - the arrow keys for the laptop do the joysticks just fine but TI arrow keys are not working right. This only affects me if the game im playing doesnt have joystick support. It seems to lag?

Hi Rasmus

I've spotted an issue , you're probably already aware of, JS99er doesn't seem to be behaving very well with the EXSD keys during gameplay - the arrow keys for the laptop do the joysticks just fine but TI arrow keys are not working right. This only affects me if the game im playing doesnt have joystick support. It seems to lag?

Thanks, no I wasn't aware of that. I have created a fix that seems to be working.

Rasmus

• Like 1

Just tried it now on Parsec ... it's working beautifully on the keys now.

Hi Rasmus -> can you advise us what is the best configuration to run JS99er.net on ?

(Operating System and Webbrowser type and version? (which supports sounds)

I keep having trouble with performance (probably Windows 10 Professional)

Also now I see a message in Firefox to update the JS99er.net, but not sure if it is done automatically

(or do I need to close the browser, clear cache, etc.). What would be the best procedure (to be sure I am using the latest version?)

JS99er runs REALLY good on an Acer Chromebook. It's about the closest I've seen to real hardware as in, no glitches or lag on sound ... however - on every other computer, ie, windows OR linux, it can have issues both on Firefox (sounds like its underwater) and chrome (the sound is there but it comes half a second too late) ..... try a chromebook ;)

JS99er runs REALLY good on an Acer Chromebook. It's about the closest I've seen to real hardware as in, no glitches or lag on sound ... however - on every other computer, ie, windows OR linux, it can have issues both on Firefox (sounds like its underwater) and chrome (the sound is there but it comes half a second too late) ..... try a chromebook ;)

okay will try that. I love the JS99er.net (and all other emulators as well, not to upset anyone!)

easy to test things out as everything is there, but I have performance issues.

this also works fine so far Sony PSP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvDwXt-oMbg