IGNORED

The PacManPlus Sanctioned 30th Anniversary Cart! NO PM'S!

CPUWIZ

Wow looks great! I have a feeling that once I receive this cart it will remain plugged into the cartridge slot of my 7800 for a very, very long time!:D

I am going to super glue mine in. The Xm is going to have to find another way in her slot..but I dont think she'll let him in that way.

PMP-Multicart, Crystal Quest, Donkey Kong XM/PK, Astro Blaster are in a four way match.

I think I see Froggie coming in somewhere too as a fifth surprise entry...And now with the 30th Anniversary multi-carts, this thing is turning into a Battle Royal

I worked late, so I got PAC-MAN PRIME's fantastic label in time to tease the crowd with a preview.

Super talented, that counts for both PMP's, no doubt about it. :thumbsup:

Holy crap, that's some hawt cart-art! Is it at all weird if I said my "Indian" was raising a "Teepee"? :love:

This homebrew game cart will soon be my sole reason for adding a 7800 to my collection. Still keeping my 2600 though...

Keine Sorge, Walter. ;)

As for more, maybe 10 or so, I do not and will not have enough parts to make them. For instance, I had no offers for donor carts and I asked over a week ago. I wish I could just make donor carts appear for these kind of projects, but I am not that kind of wizard. :(

Thanks everyone, your love for Bob is noted and appreciated. :thumbsup: No payments will be accepted from anyone, until ALL carts are done. No pre-order BS, you buy it, when it's done. Something goes wrong, I am the only one screwed and nobody is out of any money.

I only had a minute to pop in, I need to get back to work.

Out of curiosity, what parts do you need? I'm keeping my eyes open for donor carts, but should I be on the lookout for anything else?

Edited by toiletunes

Maybe require at least a donor cart to buy this? I know the price of shipping one cart in a bubble mailer is $2-$3. I know you probably don't want to do such a thing or keep track of it, but it may help.

Edited by atari181

Maybe require at least a donor cart to buy this? I know the price of shipping one cart in a bubble mailer is $2-$3. I know you probably don't want to do such a thing or keep track of it, but it may help.

I don't think it would be very fair to change the offer after the fact.

You're right, they should just proceed without shells and send us the PCB

Is that kind of comment really necessary? I of course realize they need the shells to complete the project. I also realize that what you propose wasn't part of the original offer and that some people on the list don't have donors to offer. So instead of saying something snide, I'll just say again, I don't think it would be very fair to change the offer after the fact.

GoldenWheels:

I think atari181 may be trying to find a way to go above what CPUWIZ stated in the OP that this release is "Limited to 60 copies only."

When you're number 29 (you), or like in my case number 20, I guess your outlook/approach is different as you're 'locked-in' with having a copy, as opposed to say, 68 (atari181), where you may be trying to find some alternative way to somehow obtain a copy, since the cutoff was stated to be 60 and there's not enough shells to cover even that (yet).

In that light, I don't believe atari181 is trying to persuade CPUWIZ to make an unfair offer by having his 60 only copies statement changed by providing the suggestion, although understandable some may see it that way.

atari181:

GoldenWheels is certainly not suggesting for just PCB's to be sent; rather, those who are among the recipients of this 60 copies only release were not obliged beforehand to send a donor cart and requesting for people to do so now can be perceived as being unfair.

If you are concerned with the 60 receiving their copy that is commendable, and having interest that CPUWIZ goes above 60 is certainly understandable.

Needless to say, CPUWIZ has the final say in everything for this release. Please, let's not turn this thread ugly. :)

• Like 2

GoldenWheel:
I think atari181 may be trying to find a way to go above what CPUWIZ stated in the OP that this release is "Limited to 60 copies only."
When you're number 29 (you), or like in my case number 20, I guess your outlook/approach is different as you're 'locked-in' with having a copy, as opposed to say, 68 (atari181), where you may be trying to find some alternative way to somehow obtain a copy, since the cutoff was stated to be 60 and there's not enough shells yet to cover even that (yet).
In that light, I don't believe atari181 is trying to persuade CPUWIZ to make an unfair offer by having his 60 only copies statement changed by providing the suggestion, although understandable some may see it that way.

If that was the case I would understand. However he did not say "for people past the original 60 perhaps you should require a donor cart". If that is what was intended or mentioned earlier and being referenced then I missed it and apologize. I think you see perhaps how I was reading it, hypothetically--as an attempt to bump people out of the first 60 simply because they don't have donor carts, which would be a completely unfair thing to do.

I don't want anything turning ugly either; I simply stand by what I said originally.

And if I had donor carts to give, I would! :)

• Like 2

It's not really meant to be a snide or anything like that. The reality of the matter is that donors are needed to do projects like this. Fair or not really doesn't matter. The comment was to point out that sending a donor cart(part of the original offer or not) is better than the cart not being released because of something so small as not having enough donors. It has nothing to so with my spot in line.

• Like 3

The comment was to point out that sending a donor cart(part of the original offer or not) is better than the cart not being released because of something so small as not having enough donors. It has nothing to so with my spot in line.

:thumbsup:

If you are concerned with the 60 receiving their copy that is commendable...

:)