IGNORED

Protector: RESURGENCE coming to the Atari Jaguar!

Songbird

To posters bitching about LE editions and shipping....keep complaining and see how many new Jaguar releases we'll get in the future.

Yeah, that's right. Just don't say anything negative to just not risk offending anyone supporting Atari systems. Old AA problem that no criticism is appreciated (not speaking of Carl himself here, who gave a nice answer explaining his side; just a general observation on the widespread attitude on AA not to ever be critical of anything to do with new releases).

Dork, I don't believe many homebrewers and supporters of old systems appreciate just being brown-nosed all the time. I happen to have talked to quite a few, and I am one myself, and everybody I talked to agrees that actually the unwillingness to say when you do not like something is more more damaging to he scene than people actually posting constructive criticism. Well, everybody but the Blackout guys.

• Like 7

Yeah, that's right. Just don't say anything negative to just not risk offending anyone supporting Atari systems. Old AA problem that no criticism is appreciated (not speaking of Carl himself here, who gave a nice answer explaining his side; just a general observation on the widespread attitude on AA not to ever be critical of anything to do with new releases).

Dork, I don't believe many homebrewers and supporters of old systems appreciate just being brown-nosed all the time. I happen to have talked to quite a few, and I am one myself, and everybody I talked to agrees that actually the unwillingness to say when you do not like something is more more damaging to he scene than people actually posting constructive criticism. Well, everybody but the Blackout guys.

Constructive criticism? I don't consider whining to be constructive criticism. All I heard was whining about international shipping prices and not being about to afford to go to CGE.

I can't ship something to my next door neighbor for $5. You guys must have really cheap shipping in France.

That is strange, because last year I received a cardboard envelope from Illinois to France, and I was kind of surprise how cheap was the stamp value on the envelope (less than $3 or so)

I tried the USPS website, and see that a First-Class Package International Service for an envelope of about 100gr is <$10

I don't use tracking when I'm sending envelopes, because it cost a lot more money, I didn't had any lost package since 3 years, even when sending hundreds of envelopes and sometimes in far country.

If I were a customer I wouldn't spend $30 of shipping for a simple enveloppe, no way.

• Like 1

Carl USPS Priority International does offer free tracking information and does show when a package is delivered to another country.

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-international.htm

Priority Mail International

Priority Mail International® service is a reliable and affordable way to send mail and packages up to 70 lbs to over 180 countries. Plus, when you ship online, you’ll get up to 13 percent off the Post Office™ price

Need our domestic service instead?
Visit Priority Mail ›

Still Have Questions?

Browse our FAQs ›

PM_international_440x250-june.png

Features
  • Delivery in 6 to 10 business days1
  • Reliable and affordable
  • Includes tracking information with USPS Tracking2
  • May qualify for Free Package Pickup3 at your door

You can also use Priority Mail International Flat Rate™ Boxes
& Envelopes ›

To ship a regular video game in a small box to a European country usps priority mail should be about $23.50 (paid online $22?) small flat rate so I suppose Carl isn't too far off. As he said if he ships First Class, sure it costs half of 23.50, more like 11 or 12, and there is no tracking and anyone can rip him off by claiming the package never arrived even when it did. Combine shipping is the way to go when purchasing from another country to save on shipping. So buy lots of stuff from him! lol.

BREAKING NEWS ! International Shipping is expensive ! How could that happen and who is to blame ?

Having lived few decades in Europe (up until few yrs ago), it's kinda given international shipping cost a buck or two. I would however like to know how can one force the seller to send him another copy if your copy does not arrive ? On more than one occasion, over the years, I did not receive the game when it was being shipped from US to EU. Easily couple hundred bucks were lost to games I never received. Kinda goes with the territory, eh ? I'd reckon it's less than 5% of all games, so that's still OK.

I suppose it is merely the good will of Carl that he picked up the tab in past and sent another copy (if the buyer claimed he did not receive the game) ? In that case, how can anyone in their right mind even question the reasoning behind international tracking ?

Oh, and everybody here is shooting the US numbers. How about conversion to EUR ? Those 'almost 30 bucks' suddenly become 15 EUR. That's not a steal even by Eastern-European standards. And all other EU countries are richer. So ?

• Like 1

no, 30$ = 22€, where as shipping an envelope from France to US is 3.3€ so, well...

Since it's on CD... I wonder if you could greatly reduce the cost of shipping by eliminating the CD case all together? I realize I'm pulling hairs here... but most people have old DVD cases, and if it could save ~$10 to simply not include that... then it might be worthwhile.

I suppose it is merely the good will of Carl that he picked up the tab in past and sent another copy (if the buyer claimed he did not receive the game) ? In that case, how can anyone in their right mind even question the reasoning behind international tracking ?

Uhm... but why would he feel obligated to do that? It's simple, really. Be it international orders or domestic, usually insured shipping with tracking is offered like Carl does, and alternatively standard delivery at your own risk. No reason for him to to send another copy if the buyer chooses standard delivery. Just makes little sense to not let the customer decide himself. Chances are so slim anything is lost it is probably worth the risk for many people.

30 $ just is just more than what you usually pay even for tracked stuff from the US.

It is very cool that Carl still supports the Jaguar (and hopefully Lynx), but I think money is a concern for many people. So if there was a way to save on shipping, I am sure European customers would be happy. I read the same concerns here on AA from US customers ordering from the EU too btw, it's just natural to want to save a bit if possible.

Edited by 108 Stars