IGNORED

Huge trash find of vintage video game boxes

OriginalPSP

Yeah. I'd like to buy some boxes sometimes but when the seller doesn't really care who gets em. Then I'm out!

The guy doesn't know us ... and you expect him to swoop in here, give a crap about us because we're fans and sell to us only?

I have nothing against the guy coming in, polite as he has been, look into selling here and ending up on eBay. I can't imagine the number of PMs that he received regarding these ... and then trying to go through all of them, find the highest offers, negotiating back and forth, dealing with people who are making overlapping offers on multiple boxes ... it would be intense and a pain in the rear.

eBay was the best option for him ... plain and simple.

• Like 4

We'll nice to read yer post. To stay positive. I am chris leach. I enjoy buying Atari games and boxes I have even been known to buy just empty boxes for the fun of collecting. I don't typically resell Atari games but if I do it's cause someone needs it like the guy clearing v carts. And I have even purchase several large collections from individuals here and else where. Just to save them from people that want to throw them away or try to sell them for profits. Either way I like Atari. I like u. And I like this community

Thanks again!

• Like 1

The guy doesn't know us ... and you expect him to swoop in here, give a crap about us because we're fans and sell to us only?

I have nothing against the guy coming in, polite as he has been, look into selling here and ending up on eBay. I can't imagine the number of PMs that he received regarding these ... and then trying to go through all of them, find the highest offers, negotiating back and forth, dealing with people who are making overlapping offers on multiple boxes ... it would be intense and a pain in the rear.

eBay was the best option for him ... plain and simple.

That's pretty much spot on, and I thank you. Yes... I was buried in PMs, e-mails, Facebook inboxes... couple folks even just flat called me up.

It was a ton to handle and since it's hard to pin a value on a lot of these given the condition, especially the obscure ones, and the total number of messages I was getting it was causing me stress. A lot of people here suggested eBay, as did my wife after seeing me stressin' out. Let the market decide and sell at my own pace this way. Thus far, with the exception of the Qubes and Slurpy boxes, every sold item has gone for over their private offers, many by a wide gap.

I *do* "care who gets them" though. Last thing I wanted was for these to end up in the hands of a reseller that will only treat them as inventory, letting people flip through them in a dealer room of some event somewhere. These made it 30 years in like new condition for the most part, and I'm going through steps to keep them that way, as noted a lot already.

I also replied to every PM up until the 18th. If I somehow missed one that was not intentional, though I also did state from the get-go that I was not interested in selling as a lot. I was going to take my time, regardless of how I chose to sell. For decades I'd read about those mega finds... I finally scored one. My first obligation is to my wife and kids to do the most I can with it.

Edited by OriginalPSP
  • Like 2

What were the end prices on the listings that just ended, anyways? The completed listings don't seem to be available...

I've been very interested in these auctions so far. The auction prices seem to take a while to funnel into the completed listings. Here's the tally so far with buyers:

James Bond 007 2600 $36.00 o***m

Crypts of Chaos 2600 $16.50 w***a

QBerts Qubes 2600 $338.33 1***z

Gangster Alley 2600 $1.07 a***e

Roc n Rope 2600 $44.00 o***k

Slurpy CV $349.55 7***i

ET 2600 $6.06 2***i

Pitfall 2600 $13.50 m***m

Sector Alpha CV $188.09 o***m

Math Gran Prix 2600 $8.50 w***a

Gremlins 2600 $59.88 i***a

Popeye CV $12.00 j***i

Rolloverture CV $37.00 i***a

Pigs in Space 2600 $46.88 2***i

Warlords 2600 $5.24 w***a

Zaxxon 5200 $102.50 2***i

BC Grogs Revenge CV $66.03 i***_

Turbo Intelly $89.88 7***i

One on One CV $205.05 k***1

Melody Maker Vectrex $57.00 7***i

Its only Rock and Roll CV $237.06 k***1

Meteorites 5200 $93.00 i***a

Word Fued CV $371.00 k***1

Sir Lancelot CV $205.52 k***1

Springer 2600 $248.38 7***i

Tapper CV $47.77 t***e

Spy Hunter CV $127.50 o***m

Motocross Racer CV $277.00 k***1

Campaign 84 CV $12.04 i***a

Robin Hood CV $318.45 k***1

Tomarc CV $325.00 w***a

Miner 2049er Vic $57.66 e***f

Towering Inferno 2600 $0.99 _***g

Commando Raid 2600 $1.75 m***m

Donkey Kong 2600 $10.50 o***m

Snoopy Red Baron 2600 $43.82 2***i

Oscars Trash Race 2600 $24.35 2***i

Generic Vic 20 Vic Did not sell

Snakman Vic $2.25 c***u

Dishaster 2600 $52.88 o***m

Word Zapper 2600 $0.99 _***g

I want my Mommy 2600 $43.82 1****

Sneak N Peek 2600 $0.99 _***g

Omega Race Vic $0.99 h***r

Ms Pac Man 2600 $2.00 0***2

Sears Blackjack 2600 $1.35 m***m

Nova Blast CV $4.79 i***a

Game of Concentration 2600 $7.00 t***a

Star Wars Arcade CV $47.89 n***k

Wing War CV $12.56 e***l

River Raid CV $4.79 n***n

The biggest draw seems to be the Xonox Colecovision titles mostly purchased by one individual. In any case, so far it's a pretty nice haul for a trash pick!

• Like 3

Thank you for providing the rundown. I haven't even been able to do that yet, heh. Goes without saying that there's been some surprises thus far, but certain eBay is working out and I very much wish to thank everyone who suggested that was the way to go.

I'm doing a massive listing tonight... more than 90 items, starting at 8pm Eastern (5 Pacific). Notes on this batch

- This will likely be the last batch I list for a few weeks to ensure I don't get too far behind on shipping all this stuff

- I'm aiming to list stuff I've had the most requests for tonight. That said, I can't get to everything (still over 550 boxes to go). Tonight will be heavy on Atari, ColecoVision and Vectrex.

- These auctions will run for 5 days instead of 7, ending Monday night, October 6.

- Yes, if you just bought something I will hold off on shipping until the end of this big batch so I can save you a few bucks, and will take care of the change in the invoicing stage should you win others.

I truly appreciate everyone's advice, help and business on this.

Okay... scheduled listings done. 93 auctions will go live tonight, starting at 7pm Central (8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific).

Focus on Atari 2600, ColecoVision and Vectrex with some Mattel Aquarius, Atari 5200, TI 99/4a and Commodore VIC-20 thrown in for seasoning.

This will likely be my only set of listings in October.

That link again - http://www.ebay.com/usr/originalpsp

Apparently still wasn't done finding boxes in this stash. Took me three runs through the comic book boxes before I thought I found it all, but nope. There was one more.

This was inside the styrofoam inside the box for The Joyboard.

Not like it's an Air Raid box or anything, but still... I thought the discoveries were done.

post-40277-0-62741400-1412350007_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

WTF? I entered $12.64 during the last 10 seconds as a bid (should have been accepted) on that 2600 Tac-Scan box and LOST?! Sold for $8. Something funky must have happened with my browser as it seemed to freeze right at 3 seconds. :mad:

Wow that is odd...I watched it end at $12 something as well and now I went back and looked now it says it sold for $8?????

Screen-Shot-2014-10-05-at-9.08.48-AM-405

I'm surprised most of boxes went for very high prices, I only can suppose it's because these boxes look like new...

The only one at my reach wasn't reasonable because of shipping, for that price I could have the complete game.

Yes, many items sold at a premium presumably because of the condition. I find it interesting how many sold for close to what a typical CIB would sell for. The Stronghold box specifically went for close to what I think I remember the CIB one going for at the CGE auction. I spent a little too much in the last go round so definitely kept my spending down this round. Only picked up 3 items; 1 5200, 1 Aquarius, and 1 CV.

• Like 1

Wow that is odd...I watched it end at $12 something as well and now I went back and looked now it says it sold for $8?????

Screen-Shot-2014-10-05-at-9.08.48-AM-405

WTF indeed!?

Thanks for validating what I observed. Only had a few (as in 3) drinks tonight! Nowhere near seeing double or things that aren't really there. :lol:

@PSP: can anything be done about this? I done been gypped! :(

What kind of computer<>internet<>ebay shenanigans going on here? lol

• Like 1

Yes, many items sold at a premium presumably because of the condition. I find it interesting how many sold for close to what a typical CIB would sell for. The Stronghold box specifically went for close to what I think I remember the CIB one going for at the CGE auction. I spent a little too much in the last go round so definitely kept my spending down this round. Only picked up 3 items; 1 5200, 1 Aquarius, and 1 CV.

Nice :) at least you got something!

WTF indeed!?

Thanks for validating what I observed. Only had a few (as in 3) drinks tonight! Nowhere near seeing double or things that aren't really there. :lol:

@PSP: can anything be done about this? I done been gypped! :(

What kind of computer<>internet<>ebay shenanigans going on here? lol

Weird, but also not the first time I've seen it.

I'd have thought eBay might have fixed it by now, though, as it was years ago. They told me a final something didn't go through on that person.

In this case, the winning bidder is from Brazil... and he also upped his own bid at the final second, even though he was the leading bidder at the time. I wonder if that might have had something to do with it. Sadly, doesn't look like much I can do.

I'm surprised most of boxes went for very high prices, I only can suppose it's because these boxes look like new...

The only one at my reach wasn't reasonable because of shipping, for that price I could have the complete game.

Well the Guardian box was a steal. I should have thrown another bid at it - not sure how high the high bidder was willing to go, but I would have chucked $200 at it.

• Like 2

Well the Guardian box was a steal. I should have thrown another bid at it - not sure how high the high bidder was willing to go, but I would have chucked $200 at it.

I wish someone would have based on who I think I remember got it. If I hadn't already thrown so much money at these auctions, I'd have kept upping the bid on the to at least force them to spend more. :mad:

I wish someone would have based on who I think I remember got it. If I hadn't already thrown so much money at these auctions, I'd have kept upping the bid on the to at least force them to spend more. :mad:

I've done it by accident, one time in a bidding I put 34.5 instead of 3.45, and one poor bidder got it for 35 fortunately for me :P

Overall tally so far is close to $8K. Very nice for listing way less than half the boxes so far.

Big bidder so far is k***1 with close to $2000 for most of the Xonox Colecovision boxes. A close second is 7***i at $1500 with some nice titles like Stonghold, Slurpy, Springer, and a few of the Colecovision Fisher Price titles.

Kind of interesting to keep tabs on what individuals are picking up. One buyer picked up every single Panda box for instance.

• Like 1