IGNORED

Flashback Overlays: Intellivision Productions & Psycho Stormtrooper

JasonlikesINTV

I know. That's where the irony and inadvertent come in! ;)

Sure, if anybody wants to not buy from Keith in the future after this fiasco, that's their prerogative. After all, they may be right in feeling disappointed about the entire episode. However, they should do it on their own and stop whining hourly about it looking for pity.

It wasn't inadvertent.

-dZ.

I think the posts complaining about the complaining outnumber the actual number of posts about complaining.

Now I'm complaining about the posts complaining about the complaining.

Now complain about that.

Complain.

• Like 2

I also got my notice from them today. I'm fine with things now. All they had to do was get a mass email out to all explaining what happened and I think much of the negativity could have been avoided. No idea why that didn't happen but hopefully it's a lessons learned moment for them.

They did - it just didn't reach everyone. Interesting that you're now getting them, but didn't before - it once again lends credence to the theory that things are just plain cocked up over there. Lost orders, lost emails, lost email addresses, who knows - but it's all being (slowly) sorted out.

If I read the most recent email right, we're talking 3000 orders. AT LEAST. That is absolutely insane. I still can't get over these numbers - and I've seen the pictures. Unless all of you are ordering 10 sets each, there's a much bigger market out there than I'd expect. Sure, the FB sold tens of thousands, it's an easy impulse retail/gift purchase, but I wouldn't actually expect thousands of people to take that next step and order add-ons. It also tells me there's a bigger market for homebrew out there than we typically see, we just need to figure out how to get it to people. Carts for the original console may not be what I'm talking about here - imagine if the FB2 had some method of add-on game carts specifically for new homebrew.

Although - am I reading it right, they didn't start shipping until Dec 29? Maybe there was a production problem as well and that's another reason why things are so backed up.

Sure, if anybody wants to not buy from Keith in the future after this fiasco, that's their prerogative. After all, they may be right in feeling disappointed about the entire episode. However, they should do it on their own and stop whining hourly about it looking for pity.

It wasn't inadvertent.

-dZ.

Okay, so then there was no need to offer to make a drawing of your true intentions. You yourself get so offended by a one-time missed shipment, that you would forever refuse to do business with that company again, (even if that company tried to "make it right." )

You said you wouldn't bother going online and complaining. Okay that's you, fine. But I doubt your situation was the same. That is, you don't hang out at a Walmart forum for Walmart lovers talking about the latest online Walmart purchase you made for your vintage Walmart products. If you did, you might mention it on the Walmart forum, especially if a bunch of other people were saying they already received their purchases, and it has been over a month since the promised ship date. Should the satisfied Walmart shoppers tell you to shut up?

Look, I agree with you 100% that there is no need to worry about Keith. But hey, that's you and me. Other people might not feel that way.

We don't have to read this thread or post here. We can start a new thread titled "Good things come to us, the patient waiters". However, as I stated in an earlier post, this thread actually helps me stay up to date on the status of the "Great Overlay Caper." I just check in and say, okay, I'm not alone, people are still waiting like me. No need to harass Keith, just yet.

In summary, I agree that there is no need for drama from either side of the "issue."

Ive never received any email from them.

I think you had to create an account on their site to get the emails. I have been getting the emails (including the one yesterday) simply because I have a an account/login on the site. If you ordered as a guest then they will need to address you outside of their "members" which will take longer.

The other thing is that these emails from Intellivision Prodcutions are all falling into one of the default email filters in my Gmail account. I have to look at the "All Mail" or "Promotions" filter to see them.

Although - am I reading it right, they didn't start shipping until Dec 29? Maybe there was a production problem as well and that's another reason why things are so backed up.

Yes to the 29th

"we have fulfilled and shipped 95% of the orders received and we are diligently working on the remaining. If you are part of "the remaining," we know you've waited a long while to receive your Overlays Pack. We have been shipping them fast and furiously since December 29 and we continue to ship out approximately 100 orders a day."

DATA!

If you are really 95% done and are sending XX orders every day then it is a simple algebra problem to determine when all will be sent. 100/day x 30 days = 3000 orders. 5% more is a total of 3150 orders. Seems healthy enough, and GOOD NEWS - they are only a day and a half away from being done.

I'm not complaining really, I just couldn't stop myself from doing the math on this one. They were probably a little too transparent with those details.

If you try to buy one of the overlay sets now from Intellivision Productions' Shopify store, a $4.50 shipping charge is added to the final total. Is this new? I have a vague memory of the set's price including shipping before. Or is that shipping charge shown when checking out but is not actually charged to your payment method?

onmode-ky

Shipping world wide was free, which is pretty amazing for that price.

Nothing times something equals nothing. I too can afford to give stuff away if I never ship it. :rolling:

In all seriousness, Keith wrote, refunded my money and said they're *still* going to send out the overlays. Wow!

This was a week ago. If/when I receive the overlays, I do plan on paying for them - as per my original purchase, because that's the way I roll. A very, very cool gesture on his part, but I'm never out to get something for nothing or "scam" anybody. Figured I'd get my money back and simply reorder was all.

• Like 2

I think the posts complaining about the complaining outnumber the actual number of posts about complaining.

Now I'm complaining about the posts complaining about the complaining.

Now complain about that.

Complain.

You know the nice thing about when Intellivision Productions used to sell through their mail-order catalog was that they didn't get to hear people whine every hour about where their stuff was. After you placed your order it fell under the rubrick of 4-6 weeks delivery and you had to wait and complain from the confines of your own home with nobody to hear you. :-D

You know the nice thing about when Intellivision Productions used to sell through their mail-order catalog was that they didn't get to hear people whine every hour about where their stuff was. After you placed your order it fell under the rubrick of 4-6 weeks delivery and you had to wait and complain from the confines of your own home with nobody to hear you. :-D

We used to have square wheels and dinosaurs walking around. What is your point?

I don't think wheels were ever square. Pretty sure it went like this:

1. Carrying things

2. Dragging things on sleds

3. Wheel (round) barrel

Also, dinosaurs and the wheel never existed simultaneously (unless dinosaurs figured out how 2 B Rollin')

And that's my drunken analysis of that :)

• Like 1