IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Just to double-foot my way in here in truly obnoxious fashion, but, this Nintendo NX?

Is this Nintendo, again, delivering a piece of home-console hardware that will not facilitate the interests of 3rd party developers (like the massively missed opportunity with the WiiU vs what every gamer and Nintendo fan on the planet had high hopes for (i.e. a PS4/XBO 'equivalent' that can facilitate both great 3rd Party games and Nintendo's own 1st party masterpieces) and will, once again, be some sort of side-step necessitated by Nintendo's penchant for filling a 'much-needed' gap in the gaming industry, whilst the Nintendo apologists cry "Nintendo doesn't need to/can't afford to compete with Sony & MS" etc...?

Certainly not the tune Nintendo were singing, right up to, and including, the Gamecube, just over a decade ago. It was only when Nintendo self-realised they were outdated, as a company, and went with the motion control gimmick > raw power, that the non-competitive argument vs innovation was put forward. Had the Wii failed horribly, as it most probably should have, saved by pop-culture must-have gadget-of-the-mass-market-moment mentalities, shared the world over (similarly, 'everyone' said that the iPad would fail badly too), I wonder if Nintendo would have 'come back' in proper fashion, or still thrown something like a WiiU out into the market, with a different name, had the Wii not been pseudo-successful (i.e. successful as an in house entertainment device as opposed to a failed gaming console)?

Just for the record, I've always been a Nintendo fan, including the Wii (initially skeptical, but some quality 1st & 3rd party titles won me over), but the WiiU and the 3DS (and I mean the "3D"...S) were just lamentable imo, regardless of how they salvaged the 3DS later as a next gen DS, not 100% reliant on the 3D technology, which is WHY it was called the 3DS in the first place.

Apologies for the rant and... looking at the thread topic, very off-topic! Bah!!

I love Atariage for they let more slide then other forums that go off topic. Since the Nintendo future is a big topic and i have not seen a real topic yet maybe some one should make one or link to a topic I missed.

Edited by Draikar

I love Atariage for they let more slide then other forums that go off topic. Since the Nintendo future is a big topic and i have not seen a real topic yet maybe some one should make one or link to a topic I missed.

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with Jaguar, but it's here in this section. Might as well discuss Nintendo.

• Like 4

...unless Nintendo releases an nes multi system with cart slot...

It has been done a thousand times over, but not authorised by Nintendo.

super_joy_iii_pir2.jpg

The huge success of these pirate famiclones may have been what inspired ATGames and others to create licensed Flashback type devices. Nintendo sells consoles (Wii-U, 3DS) and they have a digital platform (Virtual Console) that they use to market old games. Don't expect such a device from Nintendo anytime soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New "sizzle reel" for this weekend's convention panel. Pretty slick, but I'm not sure they're doing themselves any favors with the vaporware crowd by doing more 3D. Is it unreasonable to ask that two-three weeks before a Kickstarter campaign there would be a physical working model? Is one soon-to-be revealed? Or is it all, "If you fund it we will build"?

https://youtu.be/mhS4JSUFYeQ

• Like 5

New "sizzle reel" for this weekend's convention panel. Pretty slick, but I'm not sure they're doing themselves any favors with the vaporware crowd by doing more 3D. Is it unreasonable to ask that two-three weeks before a Kickstarter campaign there would be a physical working model? Is one soon-to-be revealed? Or is it all, "If you fund it we will build"?

https://youtu.be/mhS4JSUFYeQ

Just tell me where to throw my money, I'll probably purchase two :)

• Like 2

Just tell me where to throw my money, I'll probably purchase two :)

In the toilet, it'll have a rotation similar to that of the video.

Wow that's awesome. I'm totally going to send them a rotating 3D render of money.

Contender for best post of 2015. I actually laughed out loud. Well played, sir.

• Like 1

New "sizzle reel" for this weekend's convention panel. Pretty slick, but I'm not sure they're doing themselves any favors with the vaporware crowd by doing more 3D. Is it unreasonable to ask that two-three weeks before a Kickstarter campaign there would be a physical working model?

It very well might be. In the aerospace biz we call these powerpoint spacecraft or powerpoint airplanes.

• Like 1

Once they have an HDMI out why bother with the rest? With all the issue even with RGB 240p on modern TV sets I hope they don't expect me to play on a 25Y old CRT.

Once you have one USB supporting hub mode why the 3 ports in the back (2 A and 1 B)?

Same goes for the front, once you have USB ports for ctrl why bother with the DSUB DE9 ? ... it is not that SNES, Saturn, Playstation or Jaguar used it anyway ... only targeting Atari 8bits or Sega 8/16bits seems unduly useless ... maybe they wanted to cater to the Coleco crowd ... who knows.

Edited by phoenixdownita

from still to moving 3d renders, good!

the pack-in game looks kind of dull, but the other two looks cool. One zelda/gauntlet look-alike and one maybe alex kid 1/mario world, nice! both games with a little more advanced graphics, not maybe exclusives, but they run on the same system, this one.

Looks like their goal comes closer and closer...

Can someone enlighten me to what the 9VDC port is for? It's not an input, apparently.

The placement of that 9VDC jack leaves something to be desired, seeing how it is carelessly tucked between the composite and left/right audio jacks. Somebody needs to retake Fundamentals of Design (Art 101). Also if this were a class project, it would get an F because it obviously plagarises the Jaguar console. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 2