IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

Wait a sec, are you tryin' to trick me again?

When have I ever tricked you? You posted on the same page as elseven's post with that "code".

If you still haven't tried it yet, all you need is a Duo/PCE Tap. If you only have one controller, plug it into player 3, press Run during the gameplay demo and it pauses as though you're in the middle of a real fight. Plug the pad into player 1 and press Run. The game now plays like normal, except the chip tunes are turned off. PCE CD games make good bgms, as they're already balanced to chip sound effects. I played SFII' with Drac X music last night.

When have I ever tricked you? You posted on the same page as elseven's post with that "code".

If you still haven't tried it yet, all you need is a Duo/PCE Tap. If you only have one controller, plug it into player 3, press Run during the gameplay demo and it pauses as though you're in the middle of a real fight. Plug the pad into player 1 and press Run. The game now plays like normal, except the chip tunes are turned off. PCE CD games make good bgms, as they're already balanced to chip sound effects. I played SFII' with Drac X music last night.

Cool idea. I wonder if there's an official soundtrack (official or fanmade boot that you can burn yourself) with the CPS1/2 arcade SFII themes on it. I'm skeptical however if you can make it to play the right theme that matches the stage. I always liked Chun Lee's theme for some reason. She's cute but not one to mess with.

Too bad I don't have the CDROM hardware to try it out, but the Turbo has pretty good chip-tune abilities. It's similar to Genesis in a lot of ways, still sounds like real chip synth rather than the MIDI synth Nintendo used for SNES and N64.

SNES shines at orchestra sounding tracks, Genesis/Turbo shines at rock/techno type sound.

Cool idea. I wonder if there's an official soundtrack (official or fanmade boot that you can burn yourself) with the CPS1/2 arcade SFII themes on it. I'm skeptical however if you can make it to play the right theme that matches the stage. I always liked Chun Lee's theme for some reason. She's cute but not one to mess with.

Too bad I don't have the CDROM hardware to try it out, but the Turbo has pretty good chip-tune abilities. It's similar to Genesis in a lot of ways, still sounds like real chip synth rather than the MIDI synth Nintendo used for SNES and N64.

SNES shines at orchestra sounding tracks, Genesis/Turbo shines at rock/techno type sound.

The first time I tried this trick, I made a CD with a special layout of bgms which allows me to set any stage's correct music in a second. I'm going to record a video of direct capture and of the IFU combo being used to pull it off.

"This procedure requires either a cd-rom2 briefcase setup or TG-CD. Sorry, no fancy duo units allowed [-( "

Interesting. I wonder why this is?

Only the pull-out standard NEC CD-ROM units have CD play/track buttons on them, as they double as a stand alone CD player.

CatPix: there aren't many stages in the game. I just put the non boss tracks first and made a track list. Before a fight, I just push the track button a handful of times. Originally I just did it for the novelty of trying each stage with arcade music, but it's actually easy enough to do so that everything lines up.

Gentlegamer: I don't like most of those compositions. But you're free to play it that way.

• Like 1

Ha! I kind of did it the worst of all possible ways money wise Cat....I convinced myself I'd never do PC engine games, or I'd just get a converter. So I got a plain TG16 several years ago. Figured it was all I'd ever need.

THEN I decided recently...."man I really want to play those PC engine games that never made it to turbo" (and to be able to get the JP versions of US games which have RIDICULOUS price tags)...and since I didn't have any CD gear at all, I just went ahead and got a region modded/recapped/S-video PC Engine Duo.

Traded the Turbo to my step bro for Mario Maker, which remains on the same shelf I put it on when I got it, unopened. Oh well. at least he gets to enjoy the Turbo. I was going to give it to him for Xmas anyway, though he doesn't know that!

As long as it suits you. We all made mistakes with money. I do that with cars. I'm a sucker for old cars, but I have nowhere to fix them, so any serious issue is rough on me. Bleh. I hope that soon I move to a place with a garage.

Anyway, here, having a PC-Engine was the more logical way; gray import here was PC-Engine only, so for tips, clues and the likes, it has to be the PC-Engine.

Several companies here made A/V adapters at the time so even getting a white RF only PC-Engine was fine enough.

:lust: :lust: :lust: :love: :love: :love: :-o :-o :-o :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Holy farging schnit...is that your collection Starscream?

Sweet Jesus is that a boxed Magical Chase in there?

Yea that's some of it. Some of those games have never been opened and some are sealed boxes that were used as display at Babbages. I have the games but out of the boxes. When they were closing, the manager put them all aside for me because I bought a few games a week and she knew I would want them.

I have tons more just didn't take pics.

@Starscream: your photos with all the sleeves intact brings an interesting question:

Going on Turbografx titles... Did all games come with the outer cardboard sleeve or were there some with just a jewel case? I know some later releases came in cardboard boxes few of which survived. I try to collect most games with the jewel case, except late releases like Time Cruise and Air Zonk which never had a jewel case I collect loose.

Is a turbochip game generally considered CIB with just the jewel case + manual + card, or does it need the cardboard sleeve as well? I consider the cardboard sleeves unnecessary but if I acquire a game with it I would obviously keep it.

• Like 1

@Starscream: your photos with all the sleeves intact brings an interesting question:

Going on Turbografx titles... Did all games come with the outer cardboard sleeve or were there some with just a jewel case? I know some later releases came in cardboard boxes few of which survived. I try to collect most games with the jewel case, except late releases like Time Cruise and Air Zonk which never had a jewel case I collect loose.

Is a turbochip game generally considered CIB with just the jewel case + manual + card, or does it need the cardboard sleeve as well? I consider the cardboard sleeves unnecessary but if I acquire a game with it I would obviously keep it.

It's been a while so I am fuzzy on this but, all hucards had boxes, no super CD games did and the oddball game was Vasteel ( not 100% sure if this is the game) had no box. Most of the last released hucard games had a plastic tray in the boxes with no cd case, while all the ones before those had cd case, instructions hucard, The ones with the tray inside instead of jewel case I remember happening when the Turbo duo was released. That's why Airzonk didn't have a case, it was a tray game. And when this happened with the trays, I got flustered because I didn't want hucards in sleeves sitting around, I wanted jewel cases. Ya know how they have the arm that holds the hucard in place in the jewel case? That's what I wanted. So, I contacted NEC here and they sent me out about 50 cases lol!! I didn't get a pic of those.

I think complete for collectors is kinda what I would have in the pics. Most collectors want the boxes to be considered complete. Truth is, some of the games are so hard to get that having the box becomes secondary. There's a few games not pictured, and Vasteel is one, which makes me think it was a game without a box originally because it would have been in my pile of games that weren't boxed.

Edited by Starscream

It's been a while so I am fuzzy on this but, all hucards had boxes, no super CD games did and the oddball game was Vasteel ( not 100% sure if this is the game) had no box. Most of the last released hucard games had a plastic tray in the boxes with no cd case, while all the ones before those had cd case, instructions hucard, The ones with the tray inside instead of jewel case I remember happening when the Turbo duo was released. That's why Airzonk didn't have a case, it was a tray game. And when this happened with the trays, I got flustered because I didn't want hucards in sleeves sitting around, I wanted jewel cases. Ya know how they have the arm that holds the hucard in place in the jewel case? That's what I wanted. So, I contacted NEC here and they sent me out about 50 cases lol!! I didn't get a pic of those.

I think complete for collectors is kinda what I would have in the pics. Most collectors want the boxes to be considered complete. Truth is, some of the games are so hard to get that having the box becomes secondary. There's a few games not pictured, and Vasteel is one, which makes me think it was a game without a box originally because it would have been in my pile of games that weren't boxed.

I try to always collect DS and disc games with the case but carts are fine loose, so it became instinct to seek out the jewel cases with Hucard/Turbo Chip games. If a jewel case doesn't exist as with later releases, buy loose. A couple titles are missing the clear sleeve or the plastic tab but I don't care really. I can see how the paper box sleeve gets lost.

A lot of my DVD and Bluray cases that come in paper sleeves get separated from them. Sometimes I've seen the same SKU sitting on store shelves side by side; one movie case has the sleeve; another doesn't. :P

Oh unless my memory is failing me I think ALL Turbografx titles came with a cardboard box... At least every one I've ever seen or bought back in the day that were sold in stores. My problem was I would tear them apart and throw them away within seconds of bringing it home. :lol:

• Like 1

Hello fellow Turbografx 16 / PC Engine fans!

Just to let you know we're still working on our very first game for Turbografx 16 / PC Engine

The game is Sydney Hunter & The Caverns of Death

The plan is to release the game complete in box just like back in time!

It's going to be release for both Turbografx 16 and PC Engine

PCBs and card shells are done, we're only looking for a good source for Jewel Cases

Anyone knows where to find new ones?

You can still follow us on our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/collectorvision

Cheers

post-11933-0-36322800-1454259437_thumb.png

• Like 2