IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

Found another game that does not seem to work with the Analogue Duo jailbreak.

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Sol_Bianca.htm (physical disk may work)

Tried multiple images of the disk and they always say CD Not Supported.

Still, not bad.  Probably over 99% success on images of original disk games.

I did find that almost all the rom files I had on my Chinese SD Card cart would not work so had to find better quality ROM files which worked perfectly.

My success with english translated ROMs and Disk Images was probably around 50%.

I managed to get almost every ROM and CD image on a 256gb SD card.

There are some demo disks I didn't bother with.  And I limited my Hucard ROMs to just the finished games.  No betas, sound ROMs or technical demos as they were very hit or miss and just clutter things up.

So about 800 games on my SD card (obviously includes a lot of dupes of games released in both Japan and NA).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Cyber Core and Star Soldier? That's pretty cool. Are they in Japanese?

Ha, no, rest assured he knows what I meant. 😁  They are in English.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:01 PM, Sinjinhawke said:

Found another game that does not seem to work with the Analogue Duo jailbreak.

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Sol_Bianca.htm (physical disk may work)

Tried multiple images of the disk and they always say CD Not Supported.

Did you try loading the other BIOS files?  If I understand it correctly you put the bios you want to load in the folder with the CD image.

Edited by c0op3r
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, c0op3r said:

Did you try loading the other BIOS files?  If I understand it correctly you put the bios you want to load in the folder with the CD image.

I only did that for the Games Express files.  I could try that I guess just for completeness.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, firmware v1.2 was released for the Analogue Duo yesterday:  https://www.analogue.co/support/duo/firmware

So far a jailbreak firmware based on this has not been released yet, but I assume it'll be incoming soon.

Release Notes

OS

• Added option to manually disable CD-ROM^2
  • Adjusted PSG noise channel level audio
  • Fixed button mapping on 8BitDo NeoGeo controller when connected via USB
  • Fixed integer video scaling issue
  • Fixed “Limit RGB Range” setting
  • Fixed OS detection for some HuCards
  • Minor UI fixes

System

• Fixed Shinobi HuCard boot issue
  • Fixed Power Drift HuCard boot issue
  • Fixed Paranoia HuCard boot issue
  • Fixed Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego graphics issue
  • Like 2

I’d been sitting on a tg16 spare controller cable for a couple years. I found this lil hori pc engine controller for cheap. Just had to switch up the wires in the connector on the controller board and walla    a shiny new tg16 controller. With a d pad that won’t rip my thumb to shredsIMG_2240.thumb.jpeg.822cc5661dda93f9fe2ad2e347c9f9ca.jpeg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Madwindoman said:

I’d been sitting on a tg16 spare controller cable for a couple years. I found this lil hori pc engine controller for cheap. Just had to switch up the wires in the connector on the controller board and walla    a shiny new tg16 controller. With a d pad that won’t rip my thumb to shredsIMG_2240.thumb.jpeg.822cc5661dda93f9fe2ad2e347c9f9ca.jpeg

Neat, but it seems like it would have been less intrusive/easier just to get or make a removable adapter, no? Most controller ports are PC Engine ports anyway.

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Neat, but it seems like it would have been less intrusive/easier just to get or make a removable adapter, no? Most controller ports are PC Engine ports anyway.

I already had the spare cord so I didn’t have to buy anything. It’s easily reversible. And it’s nice not to have to use an adapter. I’m always messin around with adapters and dongles and whatever else. This is just plug n play baby

• Like 2

Exile II: Wicked Phenomenon:

Even without the out-of-whack difficulty of the original US release, this game still had some balance issues and that camera. Talking about making the characters in question seem nearsighted. It has great music, however.

• Like 1

This was an interesting bit of fantasy to endulge in if you were a fan and wish the uS office wasn't so f'ing ignorant of reality that ruined the system sadly from inception of the US side to the floundering idiocy to the very painful end.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris Covell's PCE Assembly programming page:

PC-Engine ASM Programming Tutorials by Chris Covell (chrismcovell.com)

He also made a waveform tool that may be handy for those using Deflemask and Furnace Tracker:

Chris Covell's Creations (chrismcovell.com)

Tongueman's Logic:

Tongueman's Logic download page (chrismcovell.com)

Magic Engine also has some PCE Assembly tutorials, but only on graphics and sound:

MagicKit Documentation Page (magicengine.com)

Finally: