IGNORED

Intv homebrew complaint thread

Rev

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, if anything, it will be getting worse. 2016 will be "The Year of the Intellivision"

If you don't like this, you are definitely not going to like next year. The only difference is some will be normal releases, without artificial limits, gimmicks or secret club membership required...so you won't have to stress not getting a copy.

Well, then clearly, the producers of these games erroneously believe, either:

a) everyone's going to die soon

b) the world is going to end soon

Otherwise, there is no excuse for not slowing down.

Well, then clearly, the producers of these games erroneously believe, either:

a) everyone's going to die soon

b) the world is going to end soon

Otherwise, there is no excuse for not slowing down.

Clearly you erroneously believe you are the baseline for the producers to decide how fast things can be released. Things may seem fast but months of testing go into most releases, box print runs are coordinated to get economy of scale and significant investment must be done up front to do a release. Why sit on one that is complete just because someone can't keep up? I would wager that there will be over 20 CIB releases in 2016, and a couple with less fancy packaging. No one said you have to buy them all. Many of them will have demo roms available before the game ships, try it and if you don't like the game before you buy it.

Clearly your statements on the end of the world and dying have nothing to do with why releases come when they do. It is about doing a project properly then moving on. If you are a "got-to-have-them-all" collector and can't keep up then 2016 will not be a fun year.

[Click to animate]

post-38229-0-76593600-1448486174_thumb.gif

I just prepare in advance because I know they are coming. I keep up on all the game news, and yes I do buy every new game in whatever form.

Not everyone can afford everything, I totally understand that.

But I will say produce and release them when you folks who make and deliver them like, the timetable is all yours and no one else. Thanks to all of you!!! :P

I just prepare in advance because I know they are coming. I keep up on all the game news, and yes I do buy every new game in whatever form.

Not everyone can afford everything, I totally understand that.

But I will say produce and release them when you folks who make and deliver them like, the timetable is all yours and no one else. Thanks to all of you!!! :P

Anyone that has been paying attention to the forums and my newsletter *should* know what is on the horizon.

I even try to post about the "competition" on my site, facebook, AA, newsletter, and nurmix does on his podcast.

No one should really be caught off guard. Maybe piggy was the exception?

Maybe ill make a news story about the 2016 games and 'tentative' release windows.

• Like 1

And here comes Rev, raping us of our money yet again. Seriously, Rev... you have two games shipping right now. Did you have to announce two more for December/January? Why couldn't they wait until Spring 2016 for a release? We're not all going to die soon, so PLEASE SLOW DOWN.

The views of Eric7100 do not reflect those of the Intellivision AA board. Keep 'em coming, Rev!

• Like 2

So am I. But they need to do it slowly, and stop acting like there is no tomorrow.

Other than one release with an artificially restrictive timeline, no release in the last year has been in a hurry, your constant usage of phases like "acting like there is no tommorrow" infers hasty and rushed releases...far from the truth.

For some perspective...approximately 96 games were released CIB for the PS4 since January 2015.

I also purchase all Intellivision homebrews, and with twenty 2016 releases @ $60+ ea that's $1200+ that I'll have to set aside for next year. It is what it is. Hmmm, so $100/month.....

Drop your cable package and pick up Netflix or Hulu.

Stop going out to eat (especially alcohol).

Sell your duplicates.

Aging high mileage car? Reduce insurance to liability only.

Drop the daily paper and read the news online.

If all else fails, sell your body on Craigslist ;-)

• Like 1

I'll take one of each release and enjoy the ride while it lasts, after all nothing last forever. In fact we may already be witnessing two of the major producers of the last several years closing up shop. :_(

Edited by gunoz
  • Like 1

For some perspective...approximately 96 games were released CIB for the PS4 since January 2015.

I also purchase all Intellivision homebrews, and with twenty 2016 releases @ $60+ ea that's $1200+ that I'll have to set aside for next year. It is what it is. Hmmm, so $100/month.....

Drop your cable package and pick up Netflix or Hulu.

Stop going out to eat (especially alcohol).

Sell your duplicates.

Aging high mileage car? Reduce insurance to liability only.

Drop the daily paper and read the news online.

If all else fails, sell your body on Craigslist ;-)

As always Jason funny AND true stuff said by you!!! :)

Other than one release with an artificially restrictive timeline, no release in the last year has been in a hurry, your constant usage of phases like "acting like there is no tomorrow" infers hasty and rushed releases...far from the truth.

That's not what I mean. People keep referring to 2016 as "The Year of the Intellivision" due to the amount of new, upcoming releases. Why not spread some of those releases out? Make 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 also be the years of the Intellivision... but do it by having an overall lesser number of releases per year.

As always Jason funny AND true stuff said by you!!! :)

Unfortunately, maybe more true than funny. I'm trying to get my house ready to sell by Spring, trying to plan a European vacation with the lady, and trying to make PRGE in 2016. I reduced my car insurance to liability (for a 1998 Honda), I'm eating out less, and pretty close to dropping cable. Also, considering the Craigslist thing ;-)

Priorities.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Keep 'em coming Rev and others, if some people don't want to buy them all that's their issue, not the community's.

If Rev (and others) release them more slowly, then we can have both:

a) lots of fantastic new Intellivision games

b) extra cash in our pockets at the same time

Sounds like a good formula to me.

Anyone remember the 10 year drought between 2001 and 2011?

Less than 1 game a year or so if you averaged it out. Not that anyone is trying to make up for lost time.

Yes... this is one extreme. Releasing 20 new games in a single year (as some people have projected for 2016) is the other extreme. You (and the others, collectively) need to find a happy medium.