IGNORED

Intv homebrew complaint thread

Rev

I know that everybody will disagree with me as usual, because apparently you are all financially loaded with no worries, but here is a quote from a PM that I just sent to Rev:

"I really wish you would slow down, though, as you are financially draining me. It's like I said before... we've got our whole lives ahead of us... no need to blow your load all at once. There's always next year... or even next decade."

I know that everybody will disagree with me as usual, because apparently you are all financially loaded with no worries, but here is a quote from a PM that I just sent to Rev:

"I really wish you would slow down, though, as you are financially draining me. It's like I said before... we've got our whole lives ahead of us... no need to blow your load all at once. There's always next year... or even next decade."

How do you know when you're going to die? I want as many games released as possible before I die.

• Like 2

I was also obsessed with collecting everything that was released until about six months ago when it suddenly became not so important anymore and the the instant feeling of relief from not "missing out" has had a very calming affect on me.

As I am no longer concerned about low serial numbers (a total waste of money), special editions, variations of games, and getting all the new releases I am enjoying more the games I have and being very selective about the ones I buy. If it is not a game I think I will enjoy then I just don't buy it. Simple.

So just enjoy your games and collect only the ones you really want and have some fun by playing your favourites

The current and future choices for 2016 are very exciting and I will definitely be "picking the teeth" from what is on offer.

Edited by Utopia
  • Like 6

Dude, it was funny the first few times, but now it's just a drag. If you are trying to be funny, stop. It is not. If you are serious, then I suggest you just take a break and disconnect for a while. If you really feel a compulsion to purchases everything with "Intellivision" on it, to the point that it is financially ruining you, impairing your ability to function productively, or preventing you from being happy; then you should seriously consider some professional help.

However, I think it's just your lame attempt at being funny and attract attention in some eccentric way. It's just sad, really. :roll:

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 5

Dude, it was funny the first few times, but now it's just a drag. If you are trying to be funny, stop. It is not. If you are serious, then I suggest you just take a break and disconnect for a while. If you really feel a compulsion to purchases everything with "Intellivision" on it, to the point that it is financially ruining you, impairing your ability to function productively, or preventing you from being happy; then you should seriously consider some professional help.

However, I think it's just your lame attempt at being funny and attract attention in some eccentric way. It's just sad, really. :roll:

-dZ.

Besides, you should be glad new games are coming out at a good and affordable price, instead of $70+ USD per unit!

andrew-dice-clay-oh-o.gif

OH!

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

And here's s quote from a PM that I just sent to Rev...

"I really wish you would slow down sending me nudes of yourself with strategically positioned My Little Ponies and... wait a second! Is that a Hello Kitty doll sticking out of your ass?!?!? Dude!" Hold on...I thought we were sharing our conversations with Rev? Is that not a thing?

• Like 2

I vote for layaway plans. I make a down payment and my copy is reserved until I can make a full payment of the remaining balance.

I've got a family of 6 to keep fed.

While I am waiting for the LTO Flash and the Hive to be released, so I can buy roms to keep the gamer in me happy, the collector in me wants the CIB that I can't readily afford

I am also in favor of the producers of the games to make larger batches so they are not instantly x2 the price on eBay. I certainly understand that they don't want to be sitting on product for long periods of time. So make a batch, and if there is still high demand and requests, then make another (smaller?) batch.

• Like 1

I vote for layaway plans. I make a down payment and my copy is reserved until I can make a full payment of the remaining balance.

While I am waiting for the LTO Flash and the Hive to be released, so I can buy roms to keep the gamer in me happy, the collector in me wants the CIB that I can't readily afford

I am also in favor of the producers of the games to make larger batches so they are not instantly x2 the price on eBay. I certainly understand that they don't want to be sitting on product for long periods of time. So make a batch, and if there is still high demand and requests, then make another (smaller?) batch.

I'm pretty much making enough available, no need to worry about selling out.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think that's going to fly. I think it's more the reality of whether you're a single system collector or an every system collector (like me), you just have to reach a psychologically healthy place where you realize that you can't possibly afford everything you want, so sometimes you'll miss out. I don't think developers/publishers need to do anything except create and release product, with the only timing considerations being whether or not they'll be able to sell the amount they need to sell. There should be no other practical concerns, including for the financial health of the compulsive collector.

• Like 2