IGNORED

Intv homebrew complaint thread

Rev

That video is impressive - it has me scratching my head about how they are pulling off the lines for the missiles. That's not trivial on Intellivision, which is why Mattel didn't think they could do anything like Qix or Disco #1. But then Keith figured out that they could restrict the points where the lines are drawn to card edges and programmed Thin Ice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is an entire programming thread discussing this. It was Joe Z. that made a test implementation using GRAM basically as a frame buffer. There are obviously some limitations on the number of rays you can draw at a time and their colours, but in practice it works very well, as the video shows.

When Joe first posted it, it was after talking about using GRAM as a bitmap buffer; but when we all saw the test, everybody thought, "Missile Command."

I'm glad someone followed up and made the game. :)

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

Ok. We had a meeting. There will be no more games released until spring. We have selected April 2nd as the release date. Between 4 producers we have estimated that April 2nd will see the coordinated release of 8 or more games...CIB...and a couple will have Special Edition variations. Start saving, Eric is getting his wish....?

Sorry, I was out of town and missed the meeting.

I'm releasing Desert Bus in 15 limited editions this Christmas. And only 5 copies of each edition. Orders will only be accepted on Xmas itself, and there's a filter on certain...err.. names... to prevent terrorists from getting a copy. Yeah...

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking game. Did you program it or are you just producing/releasing it? I never bought an intellivoice back in the day due to the low number of games, but I guess I better try to pick one up soon. Keep up the good work.

Be careful... Rev is on a craze to release a million homebrews at once. And thus kill everyone's wallet in the process.

Nice looking game. Did you program it or are you just producing/releasing it? I never bought an intellivoice back in the day due to the low number of games, but I guess I better try to pick one up soon. Keep up the good work.

Just releasing it. A great team was involved in this game. Your kind words are appreciated.

Be careful... Rev is on a craze to release a million homebrews at once. And thus kill everyone's wallet in the process.

I just bought my first homebrew. I know that I will never be able to catch up. The more that are produced means the more that I get to choose from. I'm just going to skim the cream off the top until the flash carts come around.