1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Anyone update their pocket dock yet?  I'm curious to find out if they actually fixed all the disabled and broken menu features from the dock?  Will it detect USB and wireless controllers correctly, consistent, and "at all" at this rate for most?  Will it remember any display and control settings you put into the system before firing up a game and stays there once you turn it off so you don't have to do it all over again?

The improved controller support was introduced with the Pocket firmware update on December 7th (v1.2). While counterintuitive to me since I would think it's the dock firmware that's responsible for controller support, the dock firmware wasn't updated and remains at v1.0B from February 2022.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

The improved controller support was introduced with the Pocket firmware update on December 7th (v1.2). While counterintuitive to me since I would think it's the dock firmware that's responsible for controller support, the dock firmware wasn't updated and remains at v1.0B from February 2022.

Well then it's not, they stopped updating the docks firmware back then and rolled all the updates into one global firmware.  So that means some kind of an improvement was made.  Considering and it's not drama maybe 10% of USB controllers perhaps worked with it while most just didn't at all, or did but had a crap button layout(wrong, missing, etc) most were useless since you couldn't manually setup buttons as it was grayed out.  Wireless failed even more so it seemed in both respect, with the added feature of finding then dropping it.  It along with them screwing with the adapters they promised for a more expensive forced bundle was what broke my care in keeping the thing and I sold it to a grateful person at cost.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

I'm not going to break the embargo for my upcoming IGN review, so I'll just say there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

On 12/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, Razzie.P said:

When's the embargo over?  If you can say, that is.

On 12/7/2023 at 2:04 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

December 11. 

Has it posted yet?  I'm not seeing in on IGN, so could just be well hidden or I suck at finding stuff

4 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Uh that's weird because I updated my dock recently, and it was clearly a new firmware (I got my dock a year ago almost to the day, so it already had the February 2022 firmware).

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Uh that's weird because I updated my dock recently, and it was clearly a new firmware (I got my dock a year ago almost to the day, so it already had the February 2022 firmware).

All I know is what's listed here.

https://www.analogue.co/support/dock

The Pocket on the other hand did receive an update recently. So I think this is what you actually updated.

https://www.analogue.co/support/pocket

Edited by Atariboy

Your post somehow fell through the cracks and wasn't noticed, but thanks for clearing that up.

It might not hurt if Analogue noted that at the page that I linked to, but realistically I'm probably one of the few that ended up misled by it into thinking that the dock was still on very old firmware.

• Like 1

Received my Duo and controllers. Had to flash the 8bitdo controllers with a special firmware which was a bit of a hassle, but once flashed paired right up with the Duo.

Got the Duo updated and played a bit of Soldier Blade and Rondo of Blood. Not familiar enough with original equipment to give a comparison, but it looks and plays well. Not a big fan of Analogue OS, it feels a bit generic compared to the colors and cartridge animations on the Super Nt and Mega Sg.

Should have some time this weekend to spend with it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

"Unfortunately, Save States only work with HuCards, not CDs"

The save states are not available yet according to people that already got the Duo. Did you get a beta firmware or something?

You're right, that's unclear. It's supposed to be available in the next firmware update.