3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

OK, it sucks they don't work for CD games though. 😩

Yeah, I don't really understand why. I suppose it might be the way some data is streamed from CD versus how you can dump memory contents from a HuCard. That could be completely wrong, though. At least it supports CD saves for games that originally had it (and HuCard saves that supported that type of memory). Really, straight up emulation, like with a Polymega (should they ever ship mine), is arguably superior in terms of overall flexibility with things like save states and plenty close enough for most people in terms of authenticity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

I usually don't criticize Analogue but I'm not a fan of how they deal with shipping the Duo currently. It may be UPS' fault though, but clearly I was expecting them to ship in order of, well, order, but they're not. 😩

I actually received my shipping notification like the middle of last week for mine. I know it was like the next day after Joe posted his review of the console that I got my shipping notification. It sat as label created until Monday when it then stated it was in UPS hands and shipping 2 day UPS. And sure enough, it arrived when scheduled this past Wednesday. I do know that I ordered my A DUO within the first few min of them going live for sale. 

It has worked with everything I own thus far, minus the TED as I said in the other thread, it appears that only the TED Pro works with the DUO. v1.x TEDs don't even appear to try and run them as HuCards, and at least in the case of my V2.5 it shows up, but then I get an error on the TED menu screen stating SD IO or FAT Read error. But, it does seem to run my copy of FX Unit Yuki without the last two tracks skipping as they do on my actual Turbo DUO. Although oddly, I made a copy of FX Unit Yuki and that burned one plays fine without skipping audio in my Turbo DUO so I blame something with the pressing of the CD there.

My main issue aside from the TED not working, is that the stupid LED on the side is always blinking to pair a controller, even when I have an actual PCE controller plugged into it. The light still blinks even I power down the DUO. It is like the sync button is stuck down or something? I don't know since I don't think I have any compatible controllers to try and sync up with it. I know my PS4 controller only worked via USB as did my PS3 controller.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

My main issue aside from the TED not working, is that the stupid LED on the side is always blinking to pair a controller, even when I have an actual PCE controller plugged into it. The light still blinks even I power down the DUO. It is like the sync button is stuck down or something? I don't know since I don't think I have any compatible controllers to try and sync up with it. I know my PS4 controller only worked via USB as did my PS3 controller.

I saw this the first time I powered on the system and didn't have a controller paired, but after I paired a controller the pair LED was not lit in sleep or powered off. Seems like maybe it's lit until you pair one? If so that's a bit weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricdeau said:

I saw this the first time I powered on the system and didn't have a controller paired, but after I paired a controller the pair LED was not lit in sleep or powered off. Seems like maybe it's lit until you pair one? If so that's a bit weird.

That is my guess as well but I honestly don't own any bluetooth controllers that I think will pair with this. As a result, I'm just stuck with a blinking LED on the side? Seems to me there should be an option to turn off the Bluetooth like I do with my mobile devices so I can use it when needed.

Yeah, the shipping always does seem to go this way and never does feel like $34 worth (where I'm at). 

Wife got the confirmation email 3 min(?) after it went live--and bravo to her for being quick on the trigger.

I didn't have enough notice to take the day off last time.

and of course today tracking is just as it was monday.

I can't blame UPS, since it's not even in their hands yet, and once it is, these are the hardest weeks of the year for shipping:

ocD697om.png

So the thing of it is that I've currently worked myself up to the state of 'jazzed' about turbografx for the first time in probably 2.5 decades, so of course I'm playing it on MiSTer, with exactly the same controller options (8bitdo, and both SNACs), but lots more games. I'm hoping I don't burn myself out on the platform before it gets here, and probably won't, but I'll probably still be winding down on the tg16 kick about that time.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Outside of the Turbo Everdrive Pro, do we have a good gauge for which other everdrives work vs not? Looks like I've got v2.4 from 2015.

also, is there anything stopping a person from filing the game slot a little taller to accommodate? Like metal shielding up on top, etc?

I mean there really might not be a compelling reason to do any of that beyond the initial launch window(s) 🙄

Has anybody opened one up and taken pics of the insides? I'm guessing there's not a ton of space for me to add a tg-16 controller port, having seen how thin they are, but it never hurts to ask.

Edited by Reaperman

I know that TG has taken over this thread, but I'm going to try and drag this back towards the infamous POCKET and its sketchy DOCK.

The cumulative pocket update came out over a week ago now which included dock fixes.  Has anyone test this yet?

I'm currently in the process of offloading my Gamecube collection largely I've had from retail in the day locally, slowly as it is.  One of those is the GB player, so that'll be out, so no more handheld on TV for that system which kind of sucks.  I really really do not want to deal with analogues bullshit, but if they do in fact repair the DOCK and it saves settings, I'd consider annoyingly re-obtaining the thing for that alone as they can get fucked on their overpriced adapter bundle.

Anyone here have the dock, flashed it, and seen if you can remap controller buttons, controllers actually largely pick up, and if you save for square display games (GB, GBC, GG) where it saves your zoom/resolution/positioning after power off soyou don't have part of your game cut off by default each power up??

15 hours ago, impetus_maximus said:

these consoles are for a niche crowd. i can't imagine Analoge's shipping department being very large.

try and have some patience folks. you'll be gaming before ya know it. 🕹️

Just wanted to be clear - I wasn't being impatient.  I was a little ticked off that I received a notification that the package would be delivered Wednesday, December 13th, made arrangements for someone to be at the house all day for that, only to realize on Wednesday that the package hadn't even been scanned by UPS. 

Hi,
Your package is arriving tomorrow.
From SHIPBOB/DEFILI
Get free notifications for UPS packages coming to your home.  

Scheduled Delivery
Wednesday 12/13/2023
10:45 AM - 2:45 PM
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, impetus_maximus said:

try and have some patience folks. you'll be gaming before ya know it. 🕹️

12 minutes ago, Lost Monkey said:

Just wanted to be clear - I wasn't being impatient.  

Yeah, I don't see that anyone is being impatient.  Some of us are pointing out the crappiness that is "label created" for a week, but I haven't seen anyone pitching a fit yet.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I really really do not want to deal with analogues bullshit, but if they do in fact repair the DOCK and it saves settings, I'd consider annoyingly re-obtaining the thing for that alone as they can get fucked on their overpriced adapter bundle.

Honestly, dude, no slight here intended here, but as annoyed as you've been with Analogue, I'd say it's best to just move on.   There are a few well known guarantees with this company, and some of those include "shipping bullshit" and "less than 100% what was promised with the hope it'll get fixed later if they're called out publicly" bullshit, etc.   I really like their products and haven't been too bummed out by anything yet, but I just couldn't imagine supporting any company that has annoyed me as much as they've annoyed you, just based on your posts here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Honestly, dude, no slight here intended here, but as annoyed as you've been with Analogue, I'd say it's best to just move on.   There are a few well known guarantees with this company, and some of those include "shipping bullshit" and "less than 100% what was promised with the hope it'll get fixed later if they're called out publicly" bullshit, etc.   I really like their products and haven't been too bummed out by anything yet, but I just couldn't imagine supporting any company that has annoyed me as much as they've annoyed you, just based on your posts here.

Yeah I know, I wouldn't buy it off them if I did it.  I only ever paid them for the Pocket in the first place, everything else I bought new/barely used from someone else paying the full price, but saving like $30+ in shipping fees since they're jerks.

That way I don't support them, but can use the goods.  I have no intention of giving them shit at this rate.  So no, not offended.  I'd just be patient and find the piece online or local at/near or by some slight miracle, under cost.  The pocket's themselves are so over saturated with them doing more and more colorways and re-runs of the original colors you can snag them at the MSRP now and not buy it from them giving them no profit.  The dock though, not so much at this point.  If and it's a larger IF I did it, it would be second hand.  I loved their previous stuff, but at this rate they seem to be getting a big high off their ass kissing fanbase and ego and it shows in the corner cutting.