IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

4 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Completes the trilogy quite nicely for the Jaguar now.

Also when I was younger I don't think I liked ROTJ very much in the arcade

Stop it with all this mystery now! What is that ROTJ that is part of some trilogy??!? And it was turned into an arcade game you say... 🤔

Oh I know! It's Lord of the... No, doesn't match the letters. 😔

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Stop it with all this mystery now! What is that ROTJ that is part of some trilogy??!? And it was turned into an arcade game you say... 🤔

Just give it a try, and you will see my son ;-)

37 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Sweet - Return of the Joker (Batman Beyond) - can't wait to try this!

• Haha 7

18 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Yes it was designed more like an isometric game like Zaxxon versus the first person vector graphics of the first game of the series.

The second game (also vector graphics and first person) I'm not sure if it was ever in the arcade (looks on the interwebs) huh, it was, but I never saw that one in the arcade.  Limited release?

But yeh ROTJ was quite a departure from the first two games and probably why I could never get into it.   I guess you just get used to a style of games and it is hard to try other styles of games for a while.  Know what I mean?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

Sweet - Return of the Joker (Batman Beyond) - can't wait to try this!

Oh man, I would love a Batman game for the Jag, but looks like "Batman Returns" didn't quite make it for the ST.  Loved it on the Lynx though.

18 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Not seeing any Tolkien games either on the ST.  :(

2 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Oh man, I would love a Batman game for the Jag, but looks like "Batman Returns" didn't quite make it for the ST.  Loved it on the Lynx though.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-st/batman-the-caped-crusader

I distinctly remember playing this one!

1 hour ago, DarkLord said:

Well...there was "War In Middle Earth". Not rated very highly though...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Middle_Earth

I recall that one, but I swear there was one that had a 'part 1' at the end that never got a part 2.  There were a lot of games I missed the opportunity to play on the ST though, most likely due to me not getting one until the Mega STe was out, and let's face it, in the USA the stores that supported that were dwindling pretty quickly by then.

6 hours ago, joeyaage said:

Awesome version of ROTJ. Got further than I have ever been before, blew up the reactor and pinched an AT-AT walker great fun...Sound is so much better than ST version.

The only thing I changed was the music, the samples are exactly the same, except not shoved thru a crackly 4-bit DAC :D:D

On 12/23/2022 at 10:35 AM, doctorclu said:

Yes it was designed more like an isometric game like Zaxxon versus the first person vector graphics of the first game of the series.

The second game (also vector graphics and first person) I'm not sure if it was ever in the arcade (looks on the interwebs) huh, it was, but I never saw that one in the arcade.  Limited release?

But yeh ROTJ was quite a departure from the first two games and probably why I could never get into it.   I guess you just get used to a style of games and it is hard to try other styles of games for a while.  Know what I mean?

I did see an ESB sit down cab some years after playing ROTJ in some very small arcade, it was a conversin kit for Star Wars so of course it's a rariety.  It's more of a meh though...

On 12/22/2022 at 4:16 PM, roots.genoa said:

At least it's not an arcade port of The Last Jedi... </duck/>

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/4/2017 at 10:38 PM, CyranoJ said:

I didn't have time to check if the list is up to date, but if you say so I have no reason to doubt your word. After all, this is the Jaguar forum - nobody would ever get caught telling fibs in here :P

Badlands-skunk.rom 4 MB · 1,454 downloads

Does this work on the Game Drive? I just get red screens when I boot it.

2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Yes, it does.

I had another copy of the rom that was named with “SD” in the name with an mrq file and that worked fine. This one never did. Not sure where I got the other one.

That said, I haven’t updated my Game Drive firmware in forever so maybe that is a problem.

6 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I had another copy of the rom that was named with “SD” in the name with an mrq file and that worked fine. This one never did. Not sure where I got the other one.

That said, I haven’t updated my Game Drive firmware in forever so maybe that is a problem.

Oh, no, the skunk only one wont work.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:52 AM, MrMaddog said:

At least it's not an arcade port of The Last Jedi... </duck/>

That game is awesome!

Level 1:  try to drop bombs in zero gravity

Level 2:  Defeat First Order officers with "Your Mama" jokes

Level 3:  Fly though space like Mary Poppins...

Final Level:   Crash into your side's pilots just before they heroically defeat the enemy

:D

Edited by zzip
  • Haha 2