IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I really can't discuss it anymore than what I posted, i.e., system on a chip like their Genesis product, with the same potential for different form factors (console and handheld). The SOAC is still under active development. If additional leaks come from someone else, that's fine, but I obviously can't be the source of any leaks.

So potentially the CC could contain multiple SoCs and have a relatively tiny FGPA to support the more archaic systems?

Wow so they totally kept you out of the loop on the SNES product until you asked them about it? Shame you had to find out 5th hand from someone outside the company on an internet forum about the upcoming product from a company you are supposed to be working so closely with. :?

I'm an Independent Contractor so there's no obligation to let me in on everything right away, particularly in the case of something still being brought to a working state. There wouldn't necessarily be much for me to advise on yet anyway. Still, I was surprised since this hadn't come up in discussions in any capacity. It's definitely a good idea, though, even with the obvious lack of onboard Nintendo titles.

25185533791_5f7f5d5124_o.png

The "fans" are getting restless ... even the idiot that doesn't realize that he can already learn his "old school game programming" on REAL systems for free with emulators like Mednafen, and then see his stuff running on a REAL system with an EverDrive.

• Like 3

The "fans" are getting restless ... even the idiot that doesn't realize that he can already learn his "old school game programming" on REAL systems for free with emulators like Mednafen, and then see his stuff running on a REAL system with an EverDrive.

Well, in fairness, the guy who's interested in "old school game programming" probably isn't an idiot; he may simply be unaware of how many options we have now for developing games on just about any classic platform one chooses.

So, if any of the Facebook "fans" are reading this thread, I'd simply refer them back to my earlier post and reiterate what I said there: there is nothing that the Coleco Chameleon promises to do that you can't already have. Nothing. We're all waiting on pins and needles for the Kickstarter (which is starting to look like it will never come, at least not today) because we enjoy the schadenfreude, but there's no reason for you to keep waiting. Go out and get your favorite classic system, dig into the documentation and tools, and start having fun making your dreams come true, today, on your own terms. If you have questions about how to get started, you'll find forums like this one to be a plentiful and welcoming resource!

• Like 6

So potentially the CC could contain multiple SoCs and have a relatively tiny FGPA to support the more archaic systems?

No, it would be a stand alone console and handheld.

What games could we realistically expect from an Atgames SNES Flashback?

Ultimately it doesn't matter with cartridge and SD card support, respectively, but whatever is reasonably available.

I recommend we stop talking about this here and someone opens a new thread.

• Like 6

So, if any of the Facebook "fans" are reading this thread, I'd simply refer them back to my earlier post and reiterate what I said there: there is nothing that the Coleco Chameleon promises to do that you can't already have. Nothing. We're all waiting on pins and needles for the Kickstarter (which is starting to look like it will never come, at least not today) because we enjoy the schadenfreude, but there's no reason for you to keep waiting. Go out and get your favorite classic system, dig into the documentation and tools, and start having fun making your dreams come true, today, on your own terms. If you have questions about how to get started, you'll find forums like this one to be a plentiful and welcoming resource!

I can haz dreemz?

zvvx7.jpg

I'm feline fine today. How about you?

• Like 4

We should take bets. I say we'll never hear from Mike and co again. Actually, no... I say he'll pipe up and blame everyone for trying to sabotage the project and then he'll go away. I'd bet both my nuts that this thing won't get a Kickstarter campaign though.