IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

No, I should be able to defend myself when I'm brought up, especially when the one calling me out is completely full of it. I'll make sure they know that they are and they need to get their facts straight next time.

This is nothing new, we went after everyone involved in the Chameleon project and it's messy but this thread feeds off the drama. Now my turn came up but that doesn't mean I have to take it sitting down. I contributed a lot to this thread and I'm not going to put up with being called a leech.

• Like 9

No, I should be able to defend myself when I'm brought up, especially when the one calling me out is completely full of it. I'll make sure they know that they are and they need to get their facts straight next time.

This is nothing new, we went after everyone involved in the Chameleon project and it's messy but this thread feeds off the drama. Now my turn came up but that doesn't mean I have to take it sitting down. I contributed a lot to this thread and I'm not going to put up with being called a leech.

Internet content is a funny thing. During the CC debacle StopDrop&Retro generated excellent content, and I thought his work was first rate. We even fed him some inside the room details here and there. But looking at the spectrum of coverage out there quality and views were nearly inverse. Some of the worst coverage was over a million views with horrible speculation and not one thing right. This one guy, something like review tech usa or some such was wrong on every detail yet was heard and believed! We (RetroGaming Roundup) had more inside baseball knowledge than any entity involved other than MK himself and when we spoke it was fact, not speculation, yet we never came close to a million. SDR created great content that was well researched and presented and I give him full credit for that.

The head scratcher in this never ending saga is Pico's obsession with buying the remains of the GG empire. At first I thought that Eli might be super trolling by promising a buy only to pull some last second swerve, but I think he really wants the thing! I am sure he has seen "a" version of the paperwork but from the investigation we did in preparing to litigate if the CC had funded no two copies are alike. And I am willing to bet that Eli/Pico/attorney have never seen the complete picture including stuff like stock buyback agreements that have not been honored. What if Eli turns one of these ventures around? Maybe the sale of the company insulates him from the ghosts of the past, but maybe not.

• Like 9

At this time you have made the decision that your reputation is worth protecting? :D

• Like 2

Yeah, let's get back on topic... speculating on the hardware of the Coleco Chameleon... . ;)

Yes, you can press snake oil into an old Jaguar mold, and pop out a console. But without electronics, planning, skillful design, some tender love and care, and lastly, a trusting customer base, you're just drinking snake oil and shitting out bricks. If anything fruitful came of this debacle, it's that Albert is in posession of a piece of Atari/dental cam history. :thumbsup:

Internet content is a funny thing. During the CC debacle StopDrop&Retro generated excellent content, and I thought his work was first rate. We even fed him some inside the room details here and there. But looking at the spectrum of coverage out there quality and views were nearly inverse. Some of the worst coverage was over a million views with horrible speculation and not one thing right. This one guy, something like review tech usa or some such was wrong on every detail yet was heard and believed! We (RetroGaming Roundup) had more inside baseball knowledge than any entity involved other than MK himself and when we spoke it was fact, not speculation, yet we never came close to a million. SDR created great content that was well researched and presented and I give him full credit for that.

The head scratcher in this never ending saga is Pico's obsession with buying the remains of the GG empire. At first I thought that Eli might be super trolling by promising a buy only to pull some last second swerve, but I think he really wants the thing! I am sure he has seen "a" version of the paperwork but from the investigation we did in preparing to litigate if the CC had funded no two copies are alike. And I am willing to bet that Eli/Pico/attorney have never seen the complete picture including stuff like stock buyback agreements that have not been honored. What if Eli turns one of these ventures around? Maybe the sale of the company insulates him from the ghosts of the past, but maybe not.

While I personally would not touch anything graced by the hands of Mike Kennedy with a ten foot pole. He seems to possess the reverse Midas Touch, ie everything he touches turns not into gold but into shit! But turds have a function in the carbon cycle. It is nutrient rich, and can provide fertile soil for something useful. Just add some rose seed, water, and time to any cow pile, and it will become a boquet of roses.

Eli/Piko seems to have a plan, though he is wise not to reveal all his cards yet. Play the waiting game and see what develops. If he can pull a 180 out of this train wreck, more power to him...

• Like 1

I'd say that suggestions of carpetbagging are pretty typical in forums with a core group of long-time users. My guess is he's seen it happen before with someone else.

I'm not accusing you of this -- it's great if you (and others) have found other parts of AA that you enjoy.

For those of you thirst for some more Coleco drama, I invite you to join me here and discuss the current actions of Coleco towards the homebrew community and the state of the ColecoVision trademark. I promise some cool surprises:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265725-the-ugly-face-of-colecovision-behind-the-scenes-and-trademark/?p=3764517

• Like 2

For those of you thirst for some more Coleco drama, I invite you to join me here and discuss the current actions of Coleco towards the homebrew community and the state of the ColecoVision trademark. I promise some cool surprises:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265725-the-ugly-face-of-colecovision-behind-the-scenes-and-trademark/?p=3764517

Yeesh. Any sympathy I had for Cardillo and COLECO went out the door when I read about the console development part alone. Promising payments after the sale happens is bad enough, but that the first-to-market is the only one that gets money? Forget that.

On the flip side, any groups that agreed to do this at least did so knowingly (I presume).

I had a thought if I could get some Jaguar molds and some broken VCR's I could gut out the tuner elements and through put of the VCR omitting the actual tape playing mechanics and shove it in a Jaguar case with a remote put in the cart slot and sell it as the Ultimate Coleco Chameleon Video Box. Who wants in?

No where did I put that kickstarter?

• Like 1

Everyone please contact these parties to let them know that someone else is using their trademarks for 3rd party commercial products by the company called Coleco

expo17.jpg

"How Do I Report Potential Infringements to Nintendo Products?

To report infringing items on internet auction sites, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us atauctionpiracy@noa.nintendo.com

To report ROM sites, emulators, Game Copiers, Counterfeit manufacturing, or other illegal activities, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com

For any other legal inquiry or concern, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at noalegal@noa.nintendo.com"

Cabbagepatchkids

http://www.cabbagepa...s.com/trademark

Info to contact them can be found at

http://www.cabbagepa...s.com/contacts/

Frogger

sales@konamigaming.com

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 7

Well I still like the SD&R videos anyway...

I had forgotten how I got sub'd to the channel until now, but the 'kickstarter hilarity' genre really never gets old to me.

And yes, I'm putting on some popcorn for this new coleco drama. Did I hear right that Mr. Coleco himself is a rapper?

don't suppose that's online somewhere for us to 'appreciate'

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

Is this a stab or an attempt to a stab at me? I am genuinely asking; I would double think before taking a stand like that on me Scott; Why not ask Mike UK to put you up to speed on some of my plans? Cause I very well start double thinking on my end as well.

Edited by PikoInteractive

The internet seems to think his rap name is j fontaine, he's somewhat into movie/music production(?), and he's inherited the family window business too.

Trolling trademarks and retro gamers are least not his only hobbies.

sauce: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

pretty big internet presence, but his type would. Way more than can go in this post.

youtube channel full of his music videos

on other channels too related to movies 1 2 (may be his channel, IDK)

backstage profile

if anything is incorrect here, let me know.

Judging by the size of this thread, I'm probably fantastically late with this, I haven't been following 100%.

I'm not so good with rap, so I have no idea if this is considered passable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0LviEA5mI

Edited by Reaperman

Is this a stab or an attempt to a stab at me? I am genuinely asking; I would double think before taking a stand like that on me Scott; Why not ask Mike UK to put you up to speed on some of my plans? Cause I very well start double thinking on my end as well.

Unfortunately typed words do not carry tone of voice, I meant what I said exactly as I typed it, I am genuinely perplexed that you would want the thing. UK mentioned he talked to you but we did not discuss specifics as it was assumed to be a private conversation. The idea that ANYBODY would want that poison pill is so strange to me that I can't imagine a reason why. Saying that isn't intended as a stab, anything that ecosystem had or has could be created fresh without the toxic reputation in the community and potential legal pitfalls. So yes, with no rational reason I wondered if you were jerking Socal's chain for the mess he caused you in the CC debacle, which would be pretty funny. Whatever your plans are, I am at a loss to think of one that would benefit from paying money to acquire that train wreck.

• Like 7

Really glad I was never into Coleco. These past two years would have been torture for me if I were.

I've had a colecovision™ for years, but it needs help so I've never played it.

Weirdly, my very first colecoexperience was on the NT Mini's FPGA.

It took the chameleon for me to play coleco...in a roundabout way.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Wow, this thread got yet another drama infusion!

Quick takes from me follow. I'm pretty sensitive myself but I don't quite see the jabs that are being perceived:

1. Did anyone say StopDrop was a leech? The worst thing I read was that someone thought his vid was too long. Losing a subject of ridicule is hard for a comedian, but it doesn't mean he has nothing else to say.

2. I didn't perceive anyone as dumping on Piko, just questioning why anyone would want the tire fire that is GameGavel, even if it could somehow be "turned around," even if its acquisition was fair to all parties. I would not take that "business" if you paid me, and I certainly wouldn't put my own money into it. Not sure why Piko even brought it up.

3. Isn't it time for us to focus our entitled whining and complaining at Pipercub and UKMike, who have promised and failed to deliver the comprehensively researched, hilariously entertaining, and most importantly, not too long documentary film and book of the Retro Chameleon saga? I for one feel like my time and energy have been wasted, and I want it all back. They owe me big time.

4. Number three is a joke. I love you guys, even if I hate your bloated podcast. Take your time to do it right, if you want to. Or don't do it at all, you don't owe us anything.

5. The ColecoTM drama would be more compelling if both sides would come out to say loud, stupid things in public on a regular basis. I know of a good spokesmouth who would be perfect for stirring things up.

Cheers
fjmj

• Like 2