IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

OK, let's look at the facts:

1. They have a polished working prototype
  2. They have a booth at the biggest toy show in the world
  3. They have a team of seasoned industry luminaries
  4. Mike has been a part of multiple successful gaming properties: GameGavel, Retrogamingroundup, RETRO, Chickenshift

I see this video and see a fantastic beat-em-up game on a cool new system being played by a video game enthusiast. I can't wait to see everyone freaking out when this is a multi-million dollar Kickstarter success.

So, the water in North Carolina is all messed up as well? Damn. :(

• Like 7

I believe the complete title is:

Chinckenshift: back to the coop

(homage to the unforgettable Chickenshift from Sente ..... I think :))

As I mentioned elsewhere with a couple of letter fixes I have a better title:

Chinckenshift: back to the pcoop

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

• They have a polished working prototype
  • They have a booth at the biggest toy show in the world
  • They have a team of seasoned industry luminaries
  • Mike has been a part of multiple successful gaming properties: GameGavel, Retrogamingroundup, RETRO, Chickenshift
I see this video and see a fantastic beat-em-up game on a cool new system being played by a video game enthusiast. I can't wait to see everyone freaking out when this is a multi-million dollar Kickstarter success.
Parrothead, if that's you, and you're posting this from the same IP address as your other account, you WILL be exposed and banned. Who are you, and what is your agenda?

As for "the facts," that's a delightfully selective list of accomplishments, but it's not sufficient to cover the faults of this campaign.

• Like 3

4. Mike has been a part of multiple successful gaming properties: GameGavel, Retrogamingroundup, RETRO, Chickenshift

You're clearly trolling, but I have to address these points for people who honestly don't know better:

1 - They had a SNES Jr is a Jag shell. That is NOT a prototype

2 - They did not have a booth. Coleco had a booth and they were allowed to display there.

3 - It's primarily a team of sales and marketing people. That's not what you want to see for a team looking to launch a video game console.

4 - RETRO has been far from successful. They've had enough trouble getting issues of that magazine out the door that everyone should be questioning how on Earth they'll ever get a new piece of hardware to market.

• Like 3

Am I the only one thinking that this is delightfully sarcastic?

Maybe I have a wicked sense of humor, dunno!

• Like 6

Just trying to keep an open mind. It's their project to with as they please. It's my wallet to buy with as I please.

No doubt. I really do hope that Mike pulls a ? out of his hat. I really do. I will call him personally and apologize for ever doubting him and post it on YouTube with a link here so all can see.
  • Like 3

He's obviously being funny. I hope. Lol

Have you seen the RVGS Facebook page? The comments that haven't been deleted are rah-rah enthusiastic for Chameleon and demonstrate a terrifying lack of critical thought. This is written like one of their shills/cheerleaders.

If not for the spokesmouth appearing all over the Internet, I'd shrug this whole thing off as a joke.

• Like 3

Have you seen the RVGS Facebook page? The comments that haven't been deleted are rah-rah enthusiastic for Chameleon and demonstrate a terrifying lack of critical thought. This is written like one of their shills/cheerleaders.

If not for the spokesmouth appearing all over the Internet, I'd shrug this whole thing off as a joke.

I am not entirely sure what you are referring to, I am aware of all the "edits" but it looks as dreaded as it always had and in the end it's only announcing that tomorrow there will be another KS tier announcement.

I hope this time it's the invaluable Coleco Chameleon Unobtanium Edition !

Regarding "spokesmouth" I only recall triverse calling Mike a "mouthpiece".

Edited by phoenixdownita

another fine attempt at debuffing :)

• Like 2

Not the worlds largest Toy Show, and No , No, No, and LOL

LOL, you gave me visions of... the Atari carts with Dual Edges on them. haahhah. IF the Chameleon comes not using SNES edges, you could have a cart with 2 ends, one for the SNES and one for the Chameleon, ahhahahhaa. THAT WOULD BE RETRO... same code, all SNES, the other end would load the HDL core for the FPGA as well, but has the same roms.

If you can dual release them as SNES cart, I'm in. ;-)

Honestly it makes sense for them to be at a toy show and not a video game convention. You saw how fast we smelled a SNES Mini and SD2SNES here in this thread without even setting foot in their booth. Imagine the backlash they would have gotten at PAX or E3 (lol, just imagine mike at E3). I mean they're not lying about it having a FPGA, the SD2SNES has a fpga in it after all.

However, Piko's post was a little bit dispelling for me. Why? Because I trust Eli and his company - they're great people. Collectorvision seems to be pretty adamant about it being so awesome too. Would I give them the benefit of the doubt? Yes. Do I give the Chameleon team it? No.

Someone isn't telling the truth here. For all I know, both Piko and Collectorvision have been paid off by the CC team to say the things they've posted. At the end of the day they're both businesses and businesses need money to survive. However, this is the kind of situation that can destroy businesses. Customer trust is everything and if you're misleading the customer because you've been paid off to or because you've been lied its your fault regardless of which. Everything you've worked so hard to build up can be destroyed from something like this. Obviously it's a risk you're both willing to take, because if this console is legitimate then you've been part of the gold mine from day one.

Pretty sure I read something about false prophets some where before. I hope for all parties involved in the Chameleon are ready for whatever unfolds come the end of the month.

• Like 5

I mean they're not lying about it having a FPGA, the SD2SNES has a fpga in it after all.

Their messaging wasn't focused on the system having an FPGA. They were focusing on showing off that they apparently wrote their own SNES FPGA core. Regardless if the SD2SNES has an FPGA, they definitely weren't running a SNES core on it.

• Like 2

What I took from Piko's post was he smells something fishy but cannot comment on it. I could have misinterpreted what he wrote though.

Probably whatever the pipe dream, of what the RVGS team says the final product of the Coleco Chameleon is going to be, sounds awesome to them both.

Edited by mickcris
  • Like 3

New interview with Mike about the console from the toy fair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz7SgnQexJI

The controller on the left is a Super NES Mini controller. The one on the right is a regular Super NES controller. In that video it appears to have Super NES Mini controllers plugged in because you can slightly see the engraved Nintendo logo in some of the frames. So, I guess he brought his whole Super NES Mini set minus the case.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

The controller on the left is a Super NES Mini controller. The one on the right is a regular Super NES controller. In that video it appears to have Super NES Mini controllers plugged in because you can slightly see the engraved Nintendo logo in some of the frames. So, I guess he brought his whole Super NES Mini set minus the case.

Mike might not make the best decisions, he's not that stupid. He knew they couldn't pass off Nintendo branded controllers. I'm fairly certain these are the controllers he was using at the booth:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-Generic-Classic-Controller/dp/B0009KKVVE/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1455596856&sr=1-2&keywords=snes+controller

maxresdefault.jpg

If you could capture some screen shots of where you saw them and post it, that would be great.