IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Piko needs to explain to Mike that no one is gonna buy the RPG tier without a discount in pricing for x amount of purchasers ala the tier 1. Mike's shooting himself in the foot by making the tier 1 the only actual deal in the whole pitch, because he needs to sell these games bundles to help hit his funding level.

Tier 1: $135 console

Tier 3: Console + RPG = $185

The more shit you buy, the cheaper the tier is supposed to be to entice the most money you can out of people, not the opposite of having the real deal at the cheapest tier 1.

• Like 5

I will happily admit that i am quite a bit fixated by this, i keep checking this thread at least once a day to follow up on the latest drama and scandals.

Not too remote from a reality show really, with Mike and his console as the shows feature stars.

It is an interesting read. That's why I read it. But when someone suggests intentionally interfereing to kill a project because they THINK it is going to fail, its going overboard

Holy crap! I didn't expected for them to raise the price so much for BBS only. Is it only one game or they have other RPGs on it?

I think he intended to only add $35 onto the Tier 2 $150 price, but the thing is if tier 1 early bird is the best deal, people will just buy that and not your game with it. What he should do is have an early bird RPG tier @ $135 + x dollars for the console and your game to even it out for a limited amount of people.

It is an interesting read. That's why I read it. But when someone suggests intentionally interfereing to kill a project because they THINK it is going to fail, its going overboard

Yeah. I just have some vague negative Feelings towards the Project, so I decided I'll make Mike Kennedy's life hell, because in My Religion killing Mike Kennedy will save all the children in Africa.

But I expressed myself wrong. I have to admit. I don't want to, nor can I Kill this Project. I just think that if People know what's going on this will automatically kill the Project, because it's that ridiculous. So I, like many other People here and on other media put the Information out there, so People can make an informed purchase. This wouldn't be necessary if the responsible for the Project were transparent at all.

edit: And I do believe someone who knows the full Story has to be mentally challenged to donate to this Kickstarter...

Edited by leods

Ok the math on the cart price isn't right the way I am thinking about it. Teir 1 has a limited quantity 10%/$15 discount. Once you hit Teir 2 that discount is lost. Then the base console price is $150 so the game is $35. Not saying I now support this flaming piece of shite but that is how I think of the cart price.

• Like 2

Yeah. I just have some vague negative Feelings towards the Project, so I decided I'll make Mike Kennedy's life hell, because in My Religion killing Mike Kennedy will save all the children in Africa.

But I expressed myself wrong. I have to admit. I don't want to, nor can I Kill this Project. I just think that if People know what's going on this will automatically kill the Project, because it's that ridiculous. So I, like many other People here and on other media put the Information out there, so People can make an informed purchase. This wouldn't be necessary if the responsible for the Project were transparent at all.

edit: And I do believe someone who knows the full Story has to be mentally challenged to donate to this Kickstarter...

Even though I don't think it has much chance of success, I don't know for a fact it won't and would like to see it succeed. My guess is that it will fail from insufficient backers without any interference from us.

• Like 1

Even though I don't think it has much chance of success, I don't know for a fact it won't and would like to see it succeed. My guess is that it will fail from insufficient backers without any interference from us.

I don't know for a fact that if you smoke you'll have lung cancer. I'd love for People to be able to smoke a ton and be super healthy. And eat only fat and sugar all day and live till they're 100 yo. That would be awesome.

But there is enough evidence about this Project that it doesn't deserve donations. The risk is very high, and the possible positive outcome for this is very small for the community.

I haven't been saying anything in this Topic until the announcement. I was waiting to see the specs and what was going to be proposed. But the prototype was an SNES. We still haven't got any specs, but we've got a bunch of lies.

Maybe it's just my personal view that People who lie shouldn't get donations based on promises they make without showing any evidence whatsoever.

But probably I'm just fixated in this. Some crazy troll who just want to hurt something without any reason.

I have to admit that what rubs ME the wrong way is this attitude People have of seeing bad stuff going on and saying: "not my problem". "It doesn't affect me, I shouldn't meddle in."

• Like 3

Ok the math on the cart price isn't right the way I am thinking about it. Teir 1 has a limited quantity 10%/$15 discount. Once you hit Teir 2 that discount is lost. Then the base console price is $150 so the game is $35. Not saying I now support this flaming piece of shite but that is how I think of the cart price.

But if you're a person buying this, why wouldn't you just take the 15% discount and buy the game for $35 later? It's self sabotage to not include that discount on a higher priced product. If I am a day one backer, why couldn't I get my limited time price in addition to more games, controllers, etc. that I want? The way it is structured now, I'm forced to either get the early bird deal or pay full on if I want games.

He also very well could be charging $50 per game... this is Mike, anything can happen.

• Like 1

I don't know for a fact that if you smoke you'll have lung cancer. I'd love for People to be able to smoke a ton and be super healthy. And eat only fat and sugar all day and live till they're 100 yo. That would be awesome.

But there is enough evidence about this Project that it doesn't deserve donations. The risk is very high, and the possible positive outcome for this is very small for the community.

I haven't been saying anything in this Topic until the announcement. I was waiting to see the specs and what was going to be proposed. But the prototype was an SNES. We still haven't got any specs, but we've got a bunch of lies.

Maybe it's just my personal view that People who lie shouldn't get donations based on promises they make without showing any evidence whatsoever.

But probably I'm just fixated in this. Some crazy troll who just want to hurt something without any reason.

I have to admit that what rubs ME the wrong way is this attitude People have of seeing bad stuff going on and saying: "not my problem". "It doesn't affect me, I shouldn't meddle in."

Bad analogy. Getting cancer and loosing < $200 aren't even remotely similar.

• Like 1

[quote name="leods

Maybe it's just my personal view that People who lie shouldn't get donations based on promises they make without showing any evidence whatsoever."

Exactly! While I still think the initial concept is very cool, I want to see it executed by someone with a little more integrity. Even if they show off a pretty impressive console for the kick starter, they don't deserve a single penny.

Edited by supercoupe91

Exactly! While I still think the initial concept is very cool, I want to see it executed by someone with a little more integrity. Even if they show off a pretty impressive console for the kick starter, they don't deserve a single penny.

Is your user name in reference to one of these? My first new car purchase was a white 89' with a 5 speed.

post-24519-0-58545400-1455646302_thumb.jpg

This si too surreal. I won't discuss in this Topic of all places why I think this Project shouldn't be funded though donation Money. Sorry I rubbed you the wrong way. I already corrected my wording on that. I have nothing else to say.

I appreciate that. Sorry for singling you out. We all have a right to our opinions.

I'm not following. Even after all of the evidence that much of what Mike has presented in the previous iteration and at the Toy Fair is likely misleading at best and fraudulent at worst, you still want it to succeed? While I also don't understand the fixation some people have on the project, as a frequent backer of crowdfunded video game projects, I feel very strongly that anything with this many red flags deserves hard scrutiny if only to preserve the integrity of crowdfunding.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 4

You know you sound like a nut job, right?

I'm pretty sure we had one of those step over the line in the prior RetroVGS thread. Got it closed.

I was nice to him on his comment section. I think he must be disabled to a certain extent, so I don't think there's much Point in actually arguing. This just makes me more sure we I Need to kill this Project, because this is the Kind of People the RVGS is preying upon. This and People who never heard of this at all, they just see on Facebook there is this new cartridge based console, and they like it and post some random positive comment just because. Many of those might not ever go back to it, never care to even look at the Kickstarter etc..

So yeah. As Long as this doesn't take off, These People won't have to suffer.

I know some People can get incredibly irritating, but a lot of the hardcore defenders of this System seem to have quite serious issues.

Fixed that for you. AtariAge isn't supposed to be used as a sounding board for killing off projects.

And don't mistake naivety for mental disability.

BTW, I just want to say something. If you ever look at someone and Think that Person must be crazy or retarded, you know what? There's a big Chance they are either mentally challenged or suffering from some Kind of psychologic/neurologic disorder. These People are totally out there, and they are very likely to be atracted to certain things, get fixated on them. And yes, they obviously have a huge tendency of being easily ripped off. For obvious reasons.

You are assuming again that I would use terms such as 'crazy' and 'retarded' and you obviously have no idea who I am (or for that matter I know little about you). I would caution you against amateur diagnosis of mental and developmental disorders -- in particular over the internet as it tends to give permission to apply those labels to people who you don't like or disagree with. Even If you are a health care professional you still have no business throwing these terms at someone who is not directly in your circle of care. There are some speculating here on Mike's mental health which crosses the line into libel if you think about it.

Somewhere along the line the fun and entertainment that was supposed to go hand in hand with video games has been sidelined and the posturing schoolyard politics have taken over. :(

• Like 3

Seriously. If the line was crossed, that was when someone stuck an SNES in a Jaguar Shell and called that an FPGA emulator. If it's wrong to to say that's fucked up, maybe I don't belong here. Maybe this guy deserves the benefit of the doubt, while other users here have to be scrutinized for their oppinions. What a damned joke.

• Like 6