IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

On 9/2/2023 at 2:02 PM, M-S said:

They already have an arcade perfect port of Frogger to the Genesis too. But Street Fighter II not using the arcade version is a bummer.

nothing wrong with the genesis version of street fighter 2 championship edition. i grew up playing that version tons of times.

not only does it have more options than the arcade, it was easier on some inputs, and fixed some of the glitches.

later

||  || | | |

ne gative 1

Edited by negative1

21 hours ago, negative1 said:

genxgrownup review of galaga with flightstick

later

|| | | | |

ne gative 1

I have mine ordered with 5 other micro players from My Arcade, hopefully I get it soon!

That was a good review and very encouraging.  Glad they didn't mess up Galaga!😄👍

That there is one of those things where I'm supremely tempted, but i know as much as I struggle to make time for copies I've had for years/decades it would ultimately collect dust. :\  Same reason I don't have my evercade anymore, awesome, and awesomely dusty until I cleaned it up to sell. :(  I think it's a greally awesome novelty though and being Tetris, if you don't have another handheld version for some weird reason, that works.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, MyArcade got my attention: Atari handheld with built in trackball, paddle, and keypad (!!!).

IMG_2803.thumb.png.12be2bdd40d779eccafd1c0ee043db7b.png

It has not been confirmed whether it has an SD card slot but if it does this could be the best way to play Atari games through the generations on the go.

IMG_2804.thumb.jpeg.b4ec46d724d028c372c5fb0e895577ec.jpeg

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/01/atari-gamestation-portable-comes-with-built-in-paddle-and-trak-ball#enlarge-2

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Okay, MyArcade got my attention: Atari handheld with built in trackball, paddle, and keypad (!!!).

IMG_2803.thumb.png.12be2bdd40d779eccafd1c0ee043db7b.png

It has not been confirmed whether it has an SD card slot but if it does this could be the best way to play Atari games through the generations on the go.

IMG_2804.thumb.jpeg.b4ec46d724d028c372c5fb0e895577ec.jpeg

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/01/atari-gamestation-portable-comes-with-built-in-paddle-and-trak-ball#enlarge-2

these are being discussed in the myarcade thread, since they're not mini-arcades

also the controls will be terrible, because they are too small, and in the wrong locations.

later

| || | | |

ne gatie 1

On 1/9/2024 at 4:15 PM, negative1 said:

my arcade games with joysticks coming out later this year:

asteroids

pac-man

ms pac-man

later

|| | | | | |

ne gative 1

These would be more cool if My Arcade hadn't already  made multiple micro players of Pacman,Ms. Pacman and Galaga. 

They can't just let it go and move onto making micro players of games they haven't already released. 

Ok,they are releasing a Pole Position and Asteroids, but still,c'mon. Do better My Arcade!

4 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

These would be more cool if My Arcade hadn't already  made multiple micro players of Pacman,Ms. Pacman and Galaga. 

They can't just let it go and move onto making micro players of games they haven't already released. 

Ok,they are releasing a Pole Position and Asteroids, but still,c'mon. Do better My Arcade!

because those are the most popular games that sell..

no one really cares about other titles.

later

| || || | || |

neg ative 1

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 6:38 PM, wolfy62 said:

Screenshot_20230628_153736_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I got my Berzerk. It's a nice game of Berzerk and it sounds pretty good. The screen is pretty bad and even smaller than I expected, but it will do. It is weird that they used four buttons for a one button game.

There is one big problem. Can you spot it?

IMG_3068.thumb.jpeg.500f7030d8048cbbef81fc6eed02919b.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Look at the left side. The wall and door are cut off.

Yeah,right before I got mine it was reported on a retro game sight that the game was off center and the far left side of the screen was not visible so you can't see the exit on that side.

Very disappointing, or whatever words you want to call it.

Same situation with Frenzy also,plus another bug later on in that game I haven't reached yet.

I hope at least the Top Racer mini that ships separately doesn't have any issues!🫰🙏

Edited by wolfy62

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

They're emulated, I had asked last year about it to Eli as Piko controls Top Gear now called Top Racer due to licensing reasons and it's the Genesis cartridge in there.

Berzerk and Frenzy are the NES ports by PacManPlus.

• Like 1