IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

I think I like reading about games more than actually playing them nowadays. Sooooo oooooold!

I think I like setting up emulators more than playing the games. Older than old!

I just like purchasing old games and knowing that they are on my hard drive to satisfy my OCD digital hoarding issues. Then maybe the challenge of getting them all working on a modern system. Actually play them? That sounds like actual fun. Can't have that now, can we? ;)

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 4

I wish to reiterate this: Nintendo must massively overhaul its user account system. Stop restricting downloads to one device. Create accounts that can be accessed individually from any Nintendo device. It will help sales.

And for crying out loud, stop it with the limited numbers shinangigans and actually release enough consoles.

See, if they do that, overhaul the user account system in a way that makes sense so we can play on multiple consoles, actually release new first party games in a timely fashion instead of relying on Wii U port, yesterday's 3rd party titles, etc, then we can claim that Nintendo came to this thread, did what we told them to do, and everyone is happy.

Nintendo Switch details drop TOMORROW NIGHT, my DRM-hating, mushroom-stomping homies!

I visited Best Buy today. A lot of older Smash series Amiibo on clearance, as well as the AC series that nobody wants. And Wii-U selection has severely diminished, and a giant cardboard placard stating "Nintendo Switch coming March 2017". I should have taken a snapshot of the placard, but didn't think to.

And for crying out loud, stop it with the limited numbers shinangigans and actually release enough consoles.

See, if they do that, overhaul the user account system in a way that makes sense so we can play on multiple consoles, actually release new first party games in a timely fashion instead of relying on Wii U port, yesterday's 3rd party titles, etc, then we can claim that Nintendo came to this thread, did what we told them to do, and everyone is happy.

I think Wii U ports could help fill in a lot of the gaps between the releases of new games because the Wii U flopped so much that they would be new games to potentially most Switch owners anyway. For many, they might have to even be told that they are ports because they may first assume they are new. In other words, Wii U titles could get another chance on the Switch, still have a feeling of new to many Switch owners, and could fill in the gaps between actual new games by bringing most Wii U first party titles over.

As to yesterday's 3rd party titles, they could help to fill in some gaps in a similar way too. For an example, many of them wouldn't have been on the 3DS so it could be the first time they are played on a handheld.

I agree that Nintendo needs to release new games in a timely fashion but older games, theirs and/or others', could do a lot to fill in the gaps.

• Like 1

I visited Best Buy today. A lot of older Smash series Amiibo on clearance, as well as the Amiibo series that nobody wants. And Wii-U selection has severely diminished, and a giant cardboard placard stating "Nintendo Switch coming March 2017". I should have taken a snapshot of the placard, but didn't think to.

No need for a picture. I saw the same marketing material at Walmart the other day and bet everyone here will see one soon. Anyway, in the fine print since it was showing BOTW it said something to the effect of,"Game not included." So, I'm curious of what the pack-in will be. Hopefully it is a game that could be used with all the portable, multiplayer, and controller configurations they have shown off so that people can get to experience all of them out of the box.

• Like 1

Rumor mill has the price at $250. If that's the case, it's low enough that you'd be crazy to pass it up. That's what the Wii launched at, and $250 felt like a lot more 10 years ago.

Edit: And yes, there's probably a teaser bundle and a slightly more expensive "real" bundle, but my point stands.

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 2

... and have given up on seeing a Classic NES Mini until Spring.

Considering recent hacks have shoved more than double the titles into its internal memory I'd say that little machine is showing some serious value now.

One with 84 games shoved into it:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14211402/nes-classic-edition-hack

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 1

So long as they made enough for one to be able to buy it online or in a store like a human being. I'm still waiting on my AirPods (6 weeks out) and have given up on seeing a Classic NES Mini until Spring.

I hate to say it, but it's now a catch-22. If Nintendo doesn't make enough, they get tarred and feathered for jerking around their customers (granted, it wouldn't be the first time). But if they meet demand, the hecklers will think it's not selling out like all new consoles are "supposed" to, and declare it another Wii-U-grade failure.

• Like 1

If *I* can get one when I want one, I will be quietly grateful!

I would think it better to sell as many as you can, rather than to sell out completely.

Putting my analyst hat on, I'd agree 100% in this case. Nintendo can't afford to (ahem) play games with the Switch. They need a strong launch window. The Wii U didn't have that and never did really pick up any momentum. Constrained stock would just frustrate things. This is not a $60 toy we're talking about, this is Nintendo's intended marquee platform of the present and future.

• Like 2

Need their infrastructure overhauled immediately. Completely revamp purchasing, licensing, the entire eshop etc.. Require intuitive use of the equipment, without the need to buy extra peripherals etc.

There's a lot of things I'd like to see done this time around. Don't think I'll see all of it but In a way, personally, it may not matter. If I ever get one, it will be for the family, Although they've moved on to a lot of other stuff.

I wasn't trying to imply no Wii U ports. Some will be needed, and it may expose gamers to games if they skipped out on the Wii U entirely. A slow trickle of first party titles won't bode well.

I suspect when NES mini hits the shelves again, it will probably be patched against the exploit.

I agree completely with Flojomojo... I'd like to see the people that want one on launch be able to do so without resorting to extreme measures and getting out their pitchforks.

I'm sold!

I love the local lan support and the "HD" rumble. That rumble looks extremely interesting. Mario looked awesome too. I love the jumping on your hat thing. It will be cool to see what boundary break players can do with that in the future. This will be my very first system preorder for sure.

Edit: I forgot about the region free. That's a huge one and it's good to hear that Nintendo listened to their fans on that.

• Like 2