IGNORED

Lock 'N Chase 8k (Collapsing Lupin) with Box (Only 4)

SoulBuster

I love that pint sized "pocket box" as you call it! :love:

Now let's hope Rev will produce one for all of us since we gotta collect them all! :dunce:

Oh no my friend. You think too small. He has to make them for every homebrew release that has ever come out! Then we'll only make 5 of each, only 2 of which will be available to the public and charge a minimum bid of $300 to start then watch as the masses wail and gnash their teeth and curse our names as they bid their grandmother's operation money in a futile attempt to complete their collections thanks to our manipulation of the available stock.

Because that's what us evil box makers do!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Like 3

For the last damn time, that is NOT what is happening here! In fact, the opposite occoured. "A limited number of members", meaning one of them, contracted to have a box made for his loose cart. The creator of the box, myself, then offered a few copies to the person selling the game so he could get a cart for himself. The person offering the carts then used the boxes to move the last bit of inventory, THAT ANYONE COULD HAVE PICKED UP OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS BUT DIDN'T, and gave everyone a fair and open shot at them in this thread. That's all!

Those discussing targeted marketing, supply manulipation, price gouging, favored member status or the death of the homebrew scene as we know it, are either insane conspiracy nuts or simply aren't paying attention to what has been plainly stated in this thread over and over again!

It's a wonder anyone ever bothers to create and offer anything for people here the way some of you act.

Not directing this at you, Fushek. Just using the latest post on this matter to make the point again.

It's all good :) ... This wasn't an attack on you or anyone in particular, nor am I accusing anyone of anything nefarious. Just stating what I thought was an obvious fact: it's not good for the hobby as evidenced by this thread being 9 pages long. We had something similar not long ago with BC Quest for Tires in which only certain people were invited to purchase ... some felt left out :(.

BTW, I admire your work and dedication in helping others with filling in gaps for their collection and you do great work from what I've seen, but don't be surprised when someone else is jealous (or upset) that they don't have the pretty, shiny box too. So pretty ... shiny ... my precious ...

I know that I would jump at the opportunity to get one of the Piggy Bank boxes. If you ever decide to make more, I'm sure that I (among many others) would scarf them up quickly. It was such a fun game and looks so naked up on my shelf :_(. That game certainly deserves a box!

• Like 2

Oh no my friend. You think too small. He has to make them for every homebrew release that has ever come out! Then we'll only make 5 of each, only 2 of which will be available to the public and charge a minimum bid of $300 to start then watch as the masses wail and gnash their teeth and curse our names as they bid their grandmother's operation money in a futile attempt to complete their collections thanks to our manipulation of the available stock.

Because that's what us evil box makers do!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Don't forget to release another 5 next year on eBay!

• Like 1

February 21, 2017...

Atariage member Rev invents the Pocket Box. Forever changing the landscape of the Complete In Box homebrew scene.

THIS IS HISTORY PEOPLE!!

Actually, Maxibeauvis was the first guy I know of to make a mini box. He sent me this spiker box.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215441-what-one-of-a-kind-intellivision-items-do-you-have/?do=findComment&comment=2808535

Those discussing targeted marketing, supply manulipation, price gouging, favored member status .

You forgot

Hmm Private release offered to some ?

Not to say that's not right but it's happening.

You may be right or are right about what went on about this thread.

(But a fixed price could of happened and first four who chimned In sold ) but it is a free market seller choice on how to do things. bidding I guess gives everyone a chance ?

But you are a fairly new member here and there are such things are going on here. You will see.

Or you may not , you have something people want. ;) :)

Not meant to sound like it's the majority but is happening to a point. There is no way that it can disputed that's it's not. It's out there if you look for it. (Just more members are catching on)

You will see as time goes by.

You were are assuming

It's not ,So I'm just stating a point that things like this do happen here time to time.

Cheers Brother

• Like 2

You may be right or are right about what went on about this thread.

(But a fixed price could of happened and first four who chimned In sold ) but it is a free market seller choice on how to do things. bidding I guess gives everyone a chance ?

In Soulbuster's defense, auctioning them here is better than auctioning them on eBay. Here, you're getting them into the hands of fellow collectors ...

Tarzilla gave me the idea a month or two ago.

Except that wasn't the actual idea I gave you since inkjet/laser printed boxes tend to flake/crack at the fold lines...

I am ordering a sample of what I actually said you should do; I'll use it for when I release the second worse game of 2017 at the Vancouver Gaming Expo...

Hey Eric, give up and just post the file for everybody to print. Then they can bitch about not having a large format inkjet. So then post it in two pieces and they can hammer you for that too.

Ha!

This right here, boys and girls, is the reaction of someone who got owned to the point that they got nothin' but are not bright enough to just accept getting told, and move on.

It warms my cold, black heart I tell ya! :-D

More carts will be made by someone soon enough.

• Like 2

February 21, 2017...

Atariage member Rev invents the Pocket Box. Forever changing the landscape of the Complete In Box homebrew scene.

THIS IS HISTORY PEOPLE!!

Actually, they have been around for a while.

The Melody blaster box is from around 2005 and the Christmas Carol box I made in 2011 when part of Dz-Jays testing group.

post-30771-0-56255700-1487716657_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ya know... anyone can make a box for any of their carts. Anyone can also make overlays, a label and a manual. It doesn't have to be from any one person or people to be a 'complete' version. I like that other members of the community are making things for me to add to my collection- if there weren't any fan creations there really wouldn't be any reason to stay in the hobby once the 125 were collected.

• Like 1

We have another member that can't make visible posts anymore, until a mod says so, welcome john_rm_1970 to the club. :waving:

Man I was so looking forward to having him over for a fatty and beer and finding out his Real issues with the world.. LMAO!!

Anyway Thanks for ending that!!

Cheers

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

Except that wasn't the actual idea I gave you since inkjet/laser printed boxes tend to flake/crack at the fold lines...

I am ordering a sample of what I actually said you should do; I'll use it for when I release the second worse game of 2017 at the Vancouver Gaming Expo...

Woohoo! I'll be there and I'm going to buy all the copies of this shitty game and then roll around naked in them in my underground lair! :)

• Like 4

It was meant to be a drop in replacement for existing packaging. It was never even considered to be a 'homebrew', it was simply a chance to get a version with supposedly better control and a dying animation. Nothing more. SoulBuster won't be making more copies. But, really, why should anyone care that he offered a service to those who wanted one, and were tired of buying copies of the game, hoping that it would be one of the rare 8k ones? It doesn't mean that someone else couldn't create more, but don't count on it. I think 25 is at about market saturation. I don't think he expected 'everyone' to buy a copy, or there would have been more than 25 produced.

I personally think that it is silly to box it up as a special version....why not box up Auto Racing in a new box "Now with intuitive control!",.....or Armor Battle "Now with Faster tanks!" Or, Space Battle......"Now with Smarter aliens!".......Really, this is no different.

However, in my opinion, people shouldn't be bothered that someone made up a box. It is unfortunate that we have some OCD collectors, but it would be absurd if creative people had to check in with certain people whenever they decided to design something.

I do have to quote this only because Soulbuster was the one who posted on the Intellivision Homebrew thread that there are 60 of them (Homebrew games that is), and this one was included by his own design.

I will still bid, i just want the facts to be known as well.

• Like 2

Woohoo! I'll be there and I'm going to buy all the copies of this shitty game and then roll around naked in them in my underground lair! :)

No C-Mart I will actually outbid you for this! How I pay for it is a another issue.....

Costs of goods going up, a higher minimum wage, housing costs, my kids going to college, water damage for my house.......Ok, I give up! they are yours if you want them!!!!