IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I agree totally. Plus I have a Flashback 2. Some day I'm going to transplant its innards to my heavy six (which has seen better days) and then I play my games.

I had a flashback 2 with a broken case, and a 2600Jr with a rotten motherboard and smooshed them together

• Like 2

cart slot action and all man, it was kinda weird ... in a hawt way

I'm sure even though the motherboard was bad in the Jr you will get someone say you ruined the Jr or someone will complain that the flashback 2 isn't compatible with all games and get a "why would you do that?"

• Like 2

113 pages, what's new?

Wait, is the following not-so-subtle-E.T.-reference GIF not enough of an entertainment ?!?

century_21_nothing_image_4_fe7b2b1386797

Certainly the following one is!

giphy.gif

Looks like I reproduced the forum quote bug again - the above vid is from FlojoMojo (not CPUWIZ) ...

Honestly, for an AtariBox (if there ever is one!), to actually deliver more fun than this thread does - with each passing week, that's an unfair tall order !

• Like 2

I hope it comes with pong AND tank. That would be great. Worth 399.

Ya know when kids come over they want to play 7800.. food fight, centipede,galaga, and ms. pac man. I hear laughing the whole time.

Then thry play Mario wii whatever. I hear angry kids looking for controller batteries, frustration about the overly complicated controls and game.

Retro wins for fun.

• Like 2

Wait, is the following not-so-subtle-E.T.-reference GIF not enough of an entertainment ?!?

Certainly the following one is!

Looks like I reproduced the forum quote bug again - the above vid is from FlojoMojo (not CPUWIZ) ...

Honestly, for an AtariBox (if there ever is one!), to actually deliver more fun than this thread does - with each passing week, that's an unfair tall order !

This is fun?

Oh ok then..

I hope it comes with pong AND tank. That would be great. Worth 399.

Ya know when kids come over they want to play 7800.. food fight, centipede,galaga, and ms. pac man. I hear laughing the whole time.

Then thry play Mario wii whatever. I hear angry kids looking for controller batteries, frustration about the overly complicated controls and game.

Retro wins for fun.

I don't know if that was sarcasm or real.

If I try to get my daughter to play the Atari she will flat out tell me it is a piece of crap and instead turn on her Wii U or either of my Xboxes instead.

• Like 1

The kids I know aren't into controller-type games at all, not even "Mario Kart 8," which is the most universally playable and beautiful thing ever. The one thing that brings everyone together, all ages, is "Kinect Party," which I downloaded for free almost ten years ago. The "Just Dance" games are a very distant second place. The 360 isn't getting unplugged anytime soon, it seems.

• Like 2

I don't know if that was sarcasm or real.

If I try to get my daughter to play the Atari she will flat out tell me it is a piece of crap and instead turn on her Wii U or either of my Xboxes instead.

The first part about asking for pong and tank was a joke. The second not a joke.

They love atari. They watched the movie pixels well over 20 times they like the pac man dk galaga centipede.

The 7800 gives them 2 player team options so makes it lots of fun.

• Like 3

Cool, something new to argue about, was 93 here today.

That's, like, brutal hot for late Nov. even for SoCal, no ?

I was just bitching how hot it was today and had to take down the jacket and It was 37F (not a comfortable 18F that was just few days ago)

No wonder, it's going so slow with AtariBox : )))))

Could be my internet connection this morning but the Ataribox website is taking forever to load.

EDIT:

Top tab red still spinning. Middle of screen the dots going around in circle still. The page is partly loaded if I scroll down just something at the top isn't loading.

Edited by SignGuy81

Could be my internet connection this morning but the Ataribox website is taking forever to load.

EDIT:

Top tab red still spinning. Middle of screen the dots going around in circle still. The page is partly loaded if I scroll down just something at the top isn't loading.

Think it might be something on your end - it's acting normally for me today.