IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Question: if you had a choice of eithe all 2d games or all VR games, which would you prefer?????

Answer: it doesn't matter, because Atari isn't going to develop anything new or interesting.

Here is a list of Linux games that can be played without the "AtariBox" right now.

Maybe Atari will bring us something like Smellovision instead.

• Like 2

ha, reminds me of the Weird Al song, All About the Pentiums.

PENTIUM JOKES!

Did you hear about that new adult magazine in Latin? Pentium Housium.

Pentium. Little. Yellow. Different.

You've tried scrubbing 'em, you've tried bleaching 'em. Why not try Pentium?

586 is Pentium, right? Does that mean 686 will be Sexium?

• Like 1

OMG people, let the tacos go. This is almost as old as my underwear (which is pretty old). Now back to the the Ataribox.......

Hey man, no one is forcing you to read our awesome taco jokes. If you don't like 'em, just skip 'em and read the posts where we talk about all the really cool announcements Atari has made about the Ataribox.

Oh wait, there aren't any because Atari hasn't announced anything.

MORE TACOS!

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 6

We haven't seen -any- credible evidence other than a render of the console and a joystick, in which opinions are mixed about it. If you were to release a console, you not only have to have just a picture and a controller but actual video of the console playing and the innards of the machine itself. Not some video of the controller with the system mysteriously missing when playing Atari 2600 Centipede.

Otherwise, Keep Calm and eat Tacos.

• Like 2

It's November 29. The first day of Winter is December 21. IF that ataribox Indegogo is going to launch in the Fall, they have 21 days left. Until then, tacos.

Toiletunes, I dub thee the official countdown prince(ss) for the AtariBox®©. Maybe you could compose a little Johnny Cash/Shel Silverstein homage song.

The song is literally "gallows humor", as it is sung by a man awaiting his own execution by hanging. Each verse consists of two lines, of which the first line is anything from humorous to poignant, and the second line is a minute-by-minute countdown.

Well they're buildin' the gallows outside my cell. I got 25 minutes to go. And the whole town's waitin' just to hear me yell. I got 24 minutes to go.

The song is similar in concept to Silverstein's children's song "Boa Constrictor": It presents the point of view of someone who is experiencing a calamity in "real time," composing and singing as the events unfold, with a fatal conclusion. "Boa Constrictor", like "25 Minutes to Go", appeared on Silverstein's 1962 album Inside Folk Songs.[1]

Also, this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I loved that song! As a toddler, I'd race around the dining room table- I never knew what it was about, I just liked the concept of going somewhere. Then again, I also was disappointed whenever we went to Taco Bell and I never got any bells.

Oh, the memories...

What happened to the free lance "Community Leader"? Taco overdose?

Well... To be completely open and honest. I did volunteer to help out with an upcoming TacoBox™, but I'm not getting paid for it. Just a Taco fan, like everybody else. But I'm hopeful for the success of the TacoBox™.

On a personal note, I had to take my wife to the ER early Monday morning. She is in a good deal of pain, but it isn't serious. I'm around but as you can imagine boxes, in general, are not a priority right now.

Edited by The Historian

On a personal note, I had to take my wife to the ER early Monday morning. She is in a good deal of pain, but it isn't serious. I'm around but as you can imagine boxes, in general, are not a priority right now.

Rats, sorry to hear that, hopefully she'll recover ASAP.

• Like 6

Differences aside, I am sorry to hear of this. There is nothing good about a loved one who is suffering, and while I am glad to hear that this is not serious, I do hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.

Take care of the things that are important. We can go back to dickering over pointless crap later.

• Like 4

**TOTALLY REAL AND NOT AT ALL FAKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!**

Atari and Sony have announced they're teaming up to release the Playstation VR Virtual Ataribox Bundle! Included in the bundle are a Playstation VR headset, Playstation Camera, two Playstation Move controllers and the Virtual Ataribox game. Immerse yourself in a world where the Ataribox is an actual thing that actually exists via the magic of virtual reality!

virtualbox.jpg

Kidding aside, I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Historian. Wishing her a quick recovery.

• Like 3

Well... To be completely open and honest. I did volunteer to help out with an upcoming TacoBox™, but I'm not getting paid for it. Just a Taco fan, like everybody else. But I'm hopeful for the success of the TacoBox™.

I honestly hope and pray she feels better quickly; seeing a loved one in pain is a horrible feeling. That said, if you say she ate a bad taco I'll absolutely lose it.

• Like 4

**TOTALLY REAL AND NOT AT ALL FAKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!**

Atari and Sony have announced they're teaming up to release the Playstation VR Virtual Ataribox Bundle! Included in the bundle are a Playstation VR headset, Playstation Camera, two Playstation Move controllers and the Virtual Ataribox game. Immerse yourself in a world where the Ataribox is an actual thing that actually exists via the magic of virtual reality!

virtualbox.jpg

Kidding aside, I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Historian. Wishing her a quick recovery.

That's actually something they could pull off, a rendered box is already done, now you need the rest of the living room and some tacos. I am pretty sure the PS4 can pull off any 2D game within that. They could probably license the living room from Hulu's PS4 VR app.

• Like 1

Hope your wife gets better. :( Will pray for her.

Rats, sorry to hear that, hopefully she'll recover ASAP.

Differences aside, I am sorry to hear of this. There is nothing good about a loved one who is suffering, and while I am glad to hear that this is not serious, I do hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.

Take care of the things that are important. We can go back to dickering over pointless crap later.

I honestly hope and pray she feels better quickly; seeing a loved one in pain is a horrible feeling. That said, if you say she ate a bad taco I'll absolutely lose it.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate it. She is on the upward swing, so please keep going with the tacos. It's been a nice distraction.

• Like 5

The main take away from all this. All the pictures in this thread are taco's the same way McDonalds Mc Rib represents an actual rib sammich.

These are freakin taco's...

196c0502b503a469be88a0512c54cd5a.jpgtacos-al-pastor.jpg

The only way that those could be more like tacos would be if they were bought from a cart or the side of a truck.

Still, those are real tacos and no doubt about it.

The main take away from all this. All the pictures in this thread are taco's the same way McDonalds Mc Rib represents an actual rib sammich.

These are freakin taco's...

196c0502b503a469be88a0512c54cd5a.jpgtacos-al-pastor.jpg

That is what I usually get, mostly the steak ones, with HOT sauce.

peido-forte-e-fedido.jpg