IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I hate to give you all karoseen for the fire....but.....From what I understand Indiegogo money are donations not linked to any product. A company could just keep the money. The more I learn about Indiegogo the less I like it.

"each crowdfunding campaign is run by the individual campaigner who is solely in charge of distributing any perks offered. Indiegogo does not guarantee that the perks offered by the campaigner will be produced or delivered."

"For campaigns that fail to raise their target amount, users have the option of either refunding all money to their contributors at no charge or keeping all money raised minus a 9% fee"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????

You only just figured this out?

• Like 13

Bah, baseball sucks and California is Mexico. :P

Why can't both California and Texas Mexican food be good in their own ways and why can't we appreciate the fact that each place has their own unique interpretation?

Who wants to live in a world where there is only one kind of Mexican food, one kind of burger, one kind of pizza, one kind of beer, one kind of wine, one kind of hot sauce, etc.?

Edited by Pink
  • Like 3

Why can't both California and Texas Mexican food be good in their own ways and why can't we appreciate the fact that each place has their own unique interpretation?

Who wants to live in a world where there is only one kind of Mexican food, one kind of burger, one kind of pizza, one kind of beer, one kind of wine, one kind of hot sauce, etc.?

Should states have their own currency?

all I know is I went to an "authentic" mexican place in seattle, and they used velveeta + ro-tel in place of queso

nothing wrong with velveeta + ro-tel, I quite enjoy it, but they didnt know shit about mexican food (now Japanese food was excellent out there)

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

Me = Tejas born and breed!

Wife = Cali girl born and breed!

We cant have none of that compromise! TexMex is the way to go...even she agrees!!

• Like 3

We have a ton of Mexican food restaurants here, believe it or not...

About 16 years ago I had a GF from Texas and she kept claiming that everything up here in Wyoming was "Denver Mex" (Whatever that means) and that TexMex was better. I asked her what the difference was, but she could never tell me. Needless to say, the next time I was in Texas I tried 3 or 4 different Mexican places, and guess what? Give or take, they were exactly like the places here!

I'd like to explore the taco concept in more detail. Thoughts?

First you buy the meat...either burger or steak, whatever you want. Your favorite taco seasoning. Then the toppings. Usually cheese, tomatoes, olives, lettuce whatever. Then you either buy crunchy shells or soft tortilla shells. Then the sauce which is optional.

When I make tacos, I like to use a 93/7 beef but again, it's up to you. There are also taco kits you can purchase which contain shells, sauce and seasoning.

• Like 2

I'd think the key thing with tacos is that you've got to work out your filling, your shell, and try the two in combination together at least once before selling them.

Also, when taking orders, you should at most take half an hour to serve them. Fourteen months is right out.

Oh, and pricing is key too. if you're going to charge 30% more than the quality branded outlets down the road you'd better make sure that yours have something unique going for them.

If that all sounds like too much, maybe get into fajitas instead?

• Like 3

Sorry to be such a soggy nacho this morning:

I may be in the minority, but taco talk was a lot more fun when it was closer to the original intent of being a better use of money than the AtariboxVCS. The taco talk of the last few days, while interesting in its own right, just makes me consider posting taco-spuds pics until CPUWIZ bans me for real. I regret having played my part.

YMMV, and of course my addiction would never allow me to make such a grievous error.

• Like 1

If you don't have a Del Taco nearby for those times where you want Mexican food but can only get to Taco Bell (or its nearest regional equivalent), you're missing out. It's absolutely the finest in what some gringo in an office building thinks Mexican food is like.

Having said that, the best Mexican food bar none that I've ever had (and this includes Mexican food that I've had in Mexico) was in Kingman, Arizona. The restaurant was a house with the front half converted into seating and the back half reserved for the kitchen. The abuela, her daughter, and her daughter were all cooking and keeping the place running, which was no mean feat given how busy it was. Really awesome homemade food; will go back in a heartbeat the next time we're driving through.

• Like 3

all I know is I went to an "authentic" mexican place in seattle, and they used velveeta + ro-tel in place of queso

nothing wrong with velveeta + ro-tel, I quite enjoy it, but they didnt know shit about mexican food (now Japanese food was excellent out there)

I lived in Seattle for a time, and can unequivocally state that there is no really good Mexican food in that part of the world. It's like it's all been boiled down into something safe for people who pronounce 'quesadilla' as 'kwee-sad-ill-uh'.

Agreed on the Japanese food, though. There's also good Indian to be had (particularly around Bellevue and Redmond), but if you're not Indian be prepared to ask for your food Indian-style so that it doesn't fall into the same trap as Mexican.

Interesting thing in SE Texas is that a lot of Chinese and Italian restaurants employee Hispanic cooks. They inturn bring some of their culinary culture into those foods. Its a true blending of culture. Im sure our Italian and Chinese food does not match that of many other areas of the country.

But we can deep fry anything with the best of them! And our BBQ is fairly good!

And most dont know Texas has a crazy good vodka community. Try some Titos vodka if you can, one of many great Texas vodkas.

• Like 3

Still getting VCS ads in my Facebook feed. Literally none of the comments are positive, and all are noting that criticism is getting deleted. Atari's ad money is now a catch-22... they're paying to put their message out, but the message that's going out is that they're crooked.

• Like 3

Still getting VCS ads in my Facebook feed. Literally none of the comments are positive, and all are noting that criticism is getting deleted. Atari's ad money is now a catch-22... they're paying to put their message out, but the message that's going out is that they're crooked.

Inexplicably, Facebook is the one place I don't see them.

• Like 1

Inexplicably, Facebook is the one place I don't see them.

Seems like its becoming somewhat of a self fulfilling type issue. All the bad press could very well turn it into what the bad press is predicting it to be, a DOA item. Not sure we will really ever know what this could have or would have been as it was killed in the womb to a certain degree.

The sensationalism of some on YouTube reminds me of tabloid journalism. Over acting and over assumption to drive clicks and views. Ive started to avoid YT altogether but really avoid a lot in the gaming category on there. Still follow the non gimmicky ones and enjoy their stuff.

• Like 1

Seems like its becoming somewhat of a self fulfilling type issue. All the bad press could very well turn it into what the bad press is predicting it to be, a DOA item. Not sure we will really ever know what this could have or would have been as it was killed in the womb to a certain degree.

The sensationalism of some on YouTube reminds me of tabloid journalism. Over acting and over assumption to drive clicks and views. Ive started to avoid YT altogether but really avoid a lot in the gaming category on there. Still follow the non gimmicky ones and enjoy their stuff.

Sorry, but no. When they went to crowdfunding without a list of games or a meaningful prototype, their fate was sealed. I can't imagine a reality in which this didn't turn out to be garbage.

• Like 5