IGNORED

SDrive-MAX ATX support

Farb

6 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

It does not save the SIO speed, you must change it after a power up... that what he's trying to convey... or so I would seem.

I understand what he's saying. Mine was saved as FastSIO $28. Unplugged all night. This morn on power up it's still at FastSIO $28. 

Brought to you by: [CTRL] W  UBL Y. 

Edited by Ricky Spanish
clarity

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I understand what he's saying. Mine was saved as FastSIO $28. Unplugged all night. This morn on power up it's still at FastSIO $28. 

Brought to you by: [CTRL] W  UBL Y. 

when saving the configuration is only for sdrive-ng, it updates the configuration that is inside the sdrive.atr.

on mine when I start sdrive-max in the touch menu it doesn't save any sio speed setting since I don't start sdrive-ng, it always detects it at $06.

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Whereas SPARTADOS 3.2x shows multiple SIO loading errors. 

in my case it does not show error when loading in $10 spartados

debug.thumb.jpg.9d86b01f5576ccfb570e2f1e2d30e147.jpg

On 5/13/2023 at 12:13 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

Resolved. There are seven atmega328 folders, the correct one for me was:

atmega328-hx8347i

However v1.3 did not resolve the issue with spartados_3.2G.atr having to be booted from D0 with FastSIO $10 39000.

Any setting faster than 39000 it will not boot even from D0.

Since I've never done this before I am following this guys lead on how to burn/update.Which in this video start at about 14:06.

Couple questions. How can I be sure what Aduro or touch screen I have?

How about com ports? Are these things autodetected?

4 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Since I've never done this before I am following this guys lead on how to burn/update.Which in this video start at about 14:06.

Couple questions. How can I be sure what Aduro or touch screen I have?

How about com ports? Are these things autodetected?

is that easy as shown in the video.

1. the easy way is to ask your sdrive-max supplier.

2. when you connect it to your PC check which new usb port appeared in device manager.

17 minutes ago, ascrnet said:

is that easy as shown in the video.

1. the easy way is to ask your sdrive-max supplier.

2. when you connect it to your PC check which new usb port appeared in device manager.

1. I got it from the brewing academy so i will either have to find the instructions I've misplaced or ask them.

2. OK. Can do.

Ill get to all this at some point. Not a huge priority. Only program I'm having issues with so far is Atari Planetarium. All copies work fine so long as I am careful I'm not in screensaver mode when using info or going to the map screens. Which are the ones that access the drive.

1 hour ago, JagChris said:

Good. So you resolved your issues?

Never had issues save for one very minor one with spartados. But in no way did it prevent it from loading.

4 hours ago, ascrnet said:

in my case it does not show error when loading in $10 spartados

Guess my copy of SD 3.2g (from atariwiki) is pooched in some way.

32 minutes ago, magnusfalkirk said:

I've got the S-Drive Max that I bought from The Brewing Academy, not having any issues with it. Is there any reason why I should update the firmware from 1.2 to 1.3? If there is how would I do that using a Mac?

for your questions about v1.3 read here, as I do on Mac read here 😉

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I am sure you will find a thread that covered the screensaver issues and a number of titles that failed because of it. Turn it off.

Yeah that or if I can ever find the instructions I can probably figure out what hardware I have to.update it. 

1 hour ago, JagChris said:

Yeah that or if I can ever find the instructions I can probably figure out what hardware I have to.update it. 

The update will not matter for this problem. The latest changes are related to cassette file use. Take @_The Doctor__ suggestion. Just turn it off. 

I think in the same thread, kbr mentioned it was just a small feature that he thought would be nice to have. He did not know it was going to cause these problems. He may find the problem eventually, but I know I do not care about possible burn-in on my Sdrive Max touchscreen. 

As far as updating, try every option. You can’t brick the device doing that. You’ll be able to tell immediately if it works or not. 

Bob C

Edited by darwinmac
Stupid autocorrect and update suggestions

23 hours ago, JagChris said:

If you need a copy of the instructions for the S-Drive Max from The Brewing Academy I can email you a pdf. I scanned the instructions and turned them into a pdf just in case I managed to lose the paper copy I got with the S-Drive Max.

Edited by magnusfalkirk

1 hour ago, magnusfalkirk said:

If you need a copy of the instructions for the S-Drive Max from The Brewing Academy I can email you a pdf. I scanned the instructions and turned them into a pdf just in case I managed to lose the paper copy I got with the S-Drive Max.

That would be great. Just pm me. I tried looking on the brewing academy's site etc. Does the instructions have the component types in it?

Right after I receive them ill surely find the originals.