IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

I wonder how big the ROM size is for the slayer edition... speaking of wondering, have you guys thought of including the multiplayer maps from the GBA version of the Game? The GBA version used the Jaguar version as basis for the maps so, it would be cool having them in network deathmatches. Just my two cents :D

The hack looks great! A cool what if scenario had ID gotten more time and memory space back in the day :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Editorb said:

People have long lamented lack of music in Jag Doom. I think all the tunes in Doom qualify as muzak that sounds like a monkey farting through a flugelhorn. My first action would be the same as Wolfenstein: *mute*.

Well we don't all need correct opinions, this is the Jag forum after all. :)

• Like 3

It would be interesting to hear feedback from Romero on this version.

It would be very cool if you could include Sigil or release it as its own cart. On second thought, you may have an easier time licensing that than original doom...

Make it a red cart like SNES "Doom"?

Edited by alucardX
Spelling error

22 minutes ago, alucardX said:

It would be interesting to hear feedback from Romero on this version.

It would be very cool if you could include Sigil or release it as its own cart. On second thought, you may have an easier time licensing that than original doom...

Make it a red cart like SNES "Doom"?

Sigil was more focused on the modern Doom engines as it does away with the limitations. It did come with a compatible wad for older engines but apparently still has some limit issues in them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sporadic said:

Sigil was more focused on the modern Doom engines as it does away with the limitations. It did come with a compatible wad for older engines but apparently still has some limit issues in them.

I didn't remember all of those details, I just remember there being talk of it being a fully compatible WAD. I didn't play through the whole thing, just two levels and it kicked my ass. Thanks for going into the details on that though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

I wonder how big the ROM size is for the slayer edition... speaking of wondering, have you guys thought of including the multiplayer maps from the GBA version of the Game? The GBA version used the Jaguar version as basis for the maps so, it would be cool having them in network deathmatches. Just my two cents :D

The hack looks great! A cool what if scenario had ID gotten more time and memory space back in the day :)

It's currently just under 6meg - so very limited as to extras. The big issue with adding levels comes down to the flats etc. That are also required. They soon ramp up the size.

54 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

For anyone comparing to the 32x Ressurection 3.1 port (And they've done a kick-ass amazing job on that! Hats off guys!)

32x 3.1:

Jaguar Slayer:

Looks like they're running the JagDoom WADs.

do you plan to use the original PC version HUD colors? (which are used in the 32x version)