IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

31 minutes ago, Goochman said:

its interesting that even some of the extra textures like the computer displays were left out - small touches like that really make a difference.  Cant wait to hopefully play this in the future.

I also think that is really interesting. I guess they were saving space on the cart and dealing with things on a very tight schedule?

7 hours ago, Mittens0407 said:

A peaceful solution:

Screenshot2023-09-0809_13_54.png.86c03c7545d3b68603c5ab7263641d1f.png

Now I'm confused.  I just cant grasp how many bits that is supposed to be.  Does that multiply the Jags "bitness" or just add to it? Is the Jag 16, 32 or 64 bits and how do we do the math on that???  I can't do the math!!!

image.jpeg.ad19b21f44c96a7a75efe879b609b960.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Goochman said:

Looks fantastic - it appears the engine struggles a bit with the Spider Mastermind but amazing work - a big open area I wouldnt think the Jag could handle!

CJ said the current GPU code isn’t great and work is being done on optimisation, have faith 👍🏻😀

I think it looks pretty sweet so far 👏🏻

• Like 3

Really looks great.  Couple questions should this ever be released to the community:

1.  Would we need to provide our original Doom 1 WADs and inject them into the ROM to play the full episode 1?  I would assume so since this is how all Doom re-distributions have been

2.  Would there be a way to inject custom WADs or say Doom 2 WADs?

6 minutes ago, Goochman said:

Really looks great.  Couple questions should this ever be released to the community:

1.  Would we need to provide our original Doom 1 WADs and inject them into the ROM to play the full episode 1?  I would assume so since this is how all Doom re-distributions have been

2.  Would there be a way to inject custom WADs or say Doom 2 WADs?

1. I imagine it'll be some kind of builder using your own Doom wad. As we cannot distribute the assets.

2. No idea at present. It depends what we end up with.

• Thanks 3