IGNORED

Doom : Slayer Edition

Sporadic

I finally had the time to watch the ZPH live stream and the amount of work put into this is astounding. The amount of fixes, additions and enhancements feels like the efforts of a team being paid to do development. Great job to you guys! PWAD support!?!? Doom II!?!?! Thanks for all of your hard work!!! I can't wait to play this with a pro controller.

Take me back to 1994!!!!

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

Can we have a glowing red clear cartridge shell that changes it's glow based on your health or other factors? Maybe it could blink when you are near death. Can it be made to accept an SD card to be able to load new WAD files into the game?

Edited by alucardX
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's very much a collective effort.

In the frequent discussions we have to progress issues we try and discuss options, get test levels built (which is why the pwad support exist amongst other things), make changes to code, change build utilities if necessary, research how other platforms handled the same questions. Then get testers to break it :)

Oddly I have a PCB here that could do the colour change, as well as having SD card support, but this is not meant as a commercial project - it's done for the game itself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Welshworrier said:

It's very much a collective effort.

In the frequent discussions we have to progress issues we try and discuss options, get test levels built (which is why the pwad support exist amongst other things), make changes to code, change build utilities if necessary, research how other platforms handled the same questions. Then get testers to break it :)

Oddly I have a PCB here that could do the colour change, as well as having SD card support, but this is not meant as a commercial project - it's done for the game itself.

Great work to the collective then!

I can imagine playing this in a dark room with that red LED blinking as I'm getting ripped apart by a horde of imps.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, amazing to hear about this project. I watched the Zph premiere, and it's finally given me the push to invest in a gamedrive for my Jaguar so I can play both Doom Slayer, Doom II and the Wip Heretic. 

Anybody know when and where these will be available to download? 

Massive kudos to all involved. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

I wonder, could anyone give a rough ETA on any of these?  (Not being impatient, rather just curious as I can't find anything about the release schedule) ;)

Frothy GIF - Futurama Philip J Fry Drool - Discover & Share GIFs

;)

No we can't, there is no current release date for any of these.

We certainly aren't going to be applying any deadlines to ourselves as this is a pure passion project undertaken in our spare time whenever that's available. 

Believe me when I say we want this done asap and for everyone to be able to have a play, we just can't put a timeframe on it. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Sporadic said:

We certainly aren't going to be applying any deadlines to ourselves as this is a pure passion project undertaken in our spare time whenever that's available. 

Believe me when I say we want this done asap and for everyone to be able to have a play, we just can't put a timeframe on it. 

No worries, totally understand. Was just curious. The streamed ZPH premiere being showcased the other day sort of made me think Slayer was imminent.

Thanks so much for all the hard work. :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sporadic said:

Wow, you are really dedicated to seeing this through. Keep it up and it may rival Doom 32X Resurrection as one of the best enhancements to already solid ports.

• Like 1