IGNORED

NEXT Season info

7 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I'm thinking of kicking it off on Thursday December 10th. It will run for 3 weeks and end on New Year's Eve right as the ball drops (Eastern Time). It will be called the Holiday Triple Pack with a bonus game. The theme for this year will be 'Winter Games'.... Lol, don't worry, Skiing was just played so that game will NOT be included here Matt, hahahhahaha ?

LMAO!  Thank god Rick!!  I’ve been having nightmares of that game ever since I played it. ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

DITTO!!!

These will not be appearing in Season 14.

14 will be a combo between me an ricks choices 16 games total. Bonus will include a point bump, so if you break and set from a previous record its +3 bonus.

Breaking old records but not setting any new is, +2 

and setting any record will be a +1.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

These will not be appearing in Season 14.

14 will be a combo between me an ricks choices 16 games total. Bonus will include a point bump, so if you break and set from a previous record its +3 bonus.

Breaking old records but not setting any new is, +2 

and setting any record will be a +1.

Also I think we are going to +2 points for the winner of a game, so +13 +2 and I believe bonus games will be +7 +1. ?

• Like 3

Just a REMINDER:

The Holiday Triple Pack with bonus game will be setup to run a week from today. 

It will run for 3 weeks and finish when the balls drops in NYC. The scoring will be the same as Season 13 except +2 will be given to each game won and records will be +3 for breaking and setting new, +2 for breaking not setting, +1 for tieing records. The theme for this year will be 'Winter Games'....

This is just a little something to help us get by until Season 14 kicks off in January 2021. ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Just a REMINDER:

The Holiday Triple Pack with bonus game will be setup to run a week from today. 

It will run for 3 weeks and finish when the balls drops in NYC. The scoring will be the same as Season 13 except +2 will be given to each game won and records will be +3 for breaking and setting new, +2 for breaking not setting, +1 for tieing records. The theme for this year will be 'Winter Games'....

This is just a little something to help us get by until Season 14 kicks off in January 2021. ?

“Balls” dropping every year definitely has a new meaning for me at this age. ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

Got an email from Intellivision that it was today in 1979 that it debuted! Happy 41st B'day INTV! Would they have thought that 41 years later there'd be a HSC on the internet about it? They'd probably say, what's the internet?!?!

The email came with a cool vid that I could not get through:

I’ve seen that video before, it’s awesome!!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 10:44 AM, gar0u said:

I don't ever need to play Skiing or Auto Racing ever again.  ;)

Oddly, these games I really enjoy...

For me, I guess Frogger was a bit off timing in jumps, traffic... and Dracula feels choppy, but I don't think I dislike ANY Intellivision game. :o

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Oddly, these games I really enjoy...

For me, I guess Frogger was a bit off timing in jumps, traffic... and Dracula feels choppy, but I don't think I dislike ANY Intellivision game. :o

For me, Sewer Sam is the absolute worst InTV game. It doesn't shoot right, the point of the gun is all off, I just hate it..... Feels like it must have cost $10 bucks to make the cartridge, lol.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Just gonna use this thread for the Season 15 info. Okay guys I got the thumbs up from Jacob. Next season's theme (HSC 15) will be entitled 'Space and Race'. As the title suggests Season 15 will be a mash-up of Space Games and Race Games... With a big objective of playing 5-6 Space and / or Race games that have NOT been played here at the HSC or atleast some games that have not been played in a looooonnnnggg time. 

The Season 15 plans are once again for 16 weeks / games with bonus games ofcourse... ?

The start of Season 15 will most likely be Sunday July 18th, 2021.... 

Once again the plans as of now are for me and Jacob to split the moderating duties.... The plan as of now will be alternating Space and Race games in such a way that after 4 weeks we will both have played a Space and Race game.... So if I start the Season with a race game, then Jacob plays Space, then I play Space and then Jacob plays race.... It will be a pretty sweet mash-up with the intention of playing 8 total Space Games and 8 total Race games... With the bonus games being various surprises... :)

So now the cat is out of the bag... The start of Season 15 will be here in no time as the Summer always flies by....

EDIT: Just to be clear 'racing' means TIMED games... Anything where there's a TIMER involved.... So not exactly just auto 'racing' per se, but racing as in anything TIMED.....  ?

Cheers ?

Rickster8 

@JacobZu7zu7

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A ) There's Not many INTV Racing games, and B ) There's a SHIT TON less ACTUAL PASSABLE INTV Racing games!!!

Pole Position, NOOOOOO (Crash and hours tick off your timer, as programming was done terribly)

Turbo (JUst as bad)

What's that leave us???
Bump 'n Jump (more arcade that race, but acceptable)

Auto Racing (ok)

Racing in Triple Action (ok)

That's about it lol

And PS - NOOOOOO to truckin

Edited by Rickster8

26 minutes ago, cparsley said:

A ) There's Not many INTV Racing games, and B ) There's a SHIT TON less ACTUAL PASSABLE INTV Racing games!!!

Pole Position, NOOOOOO (Crash and hours tick off your timer, as programming was done terribly)

Turbo (JUst as bad)

What's that leave us???

Auto Racing (ok)

That's about it lol

Guess you’re not on board for next season then?  ?

Edited by Rickster8
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cparsley said:

Turbo (JUst as bad)

What's that leave us???

Auto Racing (ok)

That's about it lol

There's actually alot of 'racing' type games on the InTY... I'm sorry maybe I should  have been more forthcoming.... by racing I mean TIMED games.... And again we are looking for 8 of them... Not every game is going to be the funnest game in the world, but we go with what we've got..... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Sounds Awesome guys!!! 

3 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

But you’re not playing next season, right?

You know hes in.

It's just like how he says hes not going to post another score,than he kicks everybody's ass.?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

So everything for the next season (season 15) is pretty much all set now.... I have a list of 16 games (not including bonus games of which there will be many) ?..... Again the theme will be called 'Space Race'. So most of the games will be either Space and/or Race games (again 'race' doesn't necessarily mean racing as it can also be anything where there is a TIMER involved) for example the game microsurgeon you have to patch up the patient before your probes energy runs out, so in this case it's a 'race' to save the patient. There will also be a few surprises thrown in. I tried super hard to get some new games into the mix and some games that have not been played in a long while. There will be no repeats from Season 14. Also a few Intellivoice games will be making an appearance in Season 15 so get ready to break out those Intellivoice modules.... ? I have a one of them, doesn't always work, but if I fuss with it I can usually get it working.... I also have the Ultimate Flashback which has the Intellivoice module programmed into it already which is pretty sweet.... 

Season 15 is slated to kick-off Sunday July 18th, 2021. Scoring will be exactly the same as Season 14... As far as I know right now I will be the Lead Moderator.... This is going to be a VERY diverse season, should be a 'BLAST'..... ?

Looking forward to it.... 

More as I think of it... ?

Cheers! ?

• Thanks 4