IGNORED

NEXT Season info

11 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Guys,

I'm thinking about organizing something I am calling the 'Holiday Triple Pack' here at the HSC. It would be a 3 week long 'mini HSC Season' to help us get thru the gap from the end of Season 13 until the long 2 months when Season 14 begins sometime mid January 2021. 

sure sounds good to me! then season 14 can really be fresh and worked on, while this is going.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 3

I'm in!

The HSC has been a welcome diversion.  Thinking about what games to play; games we got for Christmas are an obvious choice, as are Christmas themed games or games that at least feature cold/snow.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well suited these games are for competition scoring:

1. Ice Trek

2. Duncan's Thin Ice

3. Skiing (I still don't like this game!)

4. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

5. NHL Hockey

7 minutes ago, gar0u said:

I'm in!

The HSC has been a welcome diversion.  Thinking about what games to play; games we got for Christmas are an obvious choice, as are Christmas themed games or games that at least feature cold/snow.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well suited these games are for competition scoring:

1. Ice Trek

2. Duncan's Thin Ice

3. Skiing (I still don't like this game!)

4. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

5. NHL Hockey

NHL Hockey is 2 player only and Empire Strikes Back is horrible, but could be played here. We played Thin Ice here before, and man is that frustrating, but never played Ice Trek before. Looks cool but I’d hafta buy it myself. 

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

NHL Hockey is 2 player only and Empire Strikes Back is horrible, but could be played here. We played Thin Ice here before, and man is that frustrating, but never played Ice Trek before. Looks cool but I’d hafta buy it myself. 

Ice Trek is different, but worthy.  It's fun to see how low of a score you can get by massacring caribou.  :) 

• Like 1

Ice Trek is pretty rad, imo. Also, HSC friends, my situation has changed. I've got a full time remote gig now, and that's why I haven't been posting any scores for Skiing or Astrosmash. I'm working down in the basement. That said, while I was clearing a space for my desk, i found an old 13-inch (i think) tube TV. It's small, but I bet it makes the INTY look better than the 24-inch LCD I have it on in my son's room now... ?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Ice Trek is pretty rad, imo. Also, HSC friends, my situation has changed. I've got a full time remote gig now, and that's why I haven't been posting any scores for Skiing or Astrosmash. I'm working down in the basement. That said, while I was clearing a space for my desk, i found an old 13-inch (i think) tube TV. It's small, but I bet it makes the INTY look better than the 24-inch LCD I have it on in my son's room now... ?

Nice...if you are still using RF connections, then yeah, an old CRT TV will work better in most cases.

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

So are you gonna start posting scores again then? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

Yup, I've bypassed that old switch box, so I just have a nice coax cable running from the INTY to the TV. 

BTW - I recently purchased a used InTV 2609 and have sent it off to be modded. I should have it back in 2 weeks. I've also been buying some carts on eBay.... Just grabbed Dreadnaught Factor, Sharp, Shot, Skiing and Utopia...... ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

BTW - I recently purchased a used InTV 2609 and have sent it off to be modded. I should have it back in 2 weeks. I've also been buying some carts on eBay.... Just grabbed Dreadnaught Factor, Sharp, Shot, Skiing and Utopia...... ?

Yeah modding is the way to go for compatibility with modern TVs.

• Like 1

@mr_me

So gotta question for you regarding Raspberry Pi vs the old InTV Flashback...

I've played Chess against the Computer numerous times OLD InTV Flashback and then again with the Raspberry Pi Ultimate InTV Flashback. I have a set strategy I use to defeat the computer. About 20 moves in the Raspberry Pi makes different moves (smarter moves) than the OLD Regular Flashback does. About 20 moves in the Raspberry Pi will move it's rooks and put them in attacking position sooner than the old Flashback does. I've also noticed some games are a little tougher to beat using the Raspberry Pi. Have you noticed anything like this in emulation, OLD Flash vs Raspberry Pi? Does this even make sense?

Let me know what you've experienced. 

I know this probably isn't the right place for this kind of post, sorry.... ?

That's interesting.  All I can tell you is that your raspberry pi is likely running the JzIntv emulator.  The Flashback (2014), made by Atgames is running an unknown emulator, but likely based on something open source e.g. jzintv, mame, bliss.  I don't have a flashback but sometimes I try jzintv or mame on my computer and compare with original hardware,  All I notice is that action games are a little tougher in emulation because the controls feel a little more laggy and sometimes collision detection doesn't seem 100%.  It could just be my imagination.  For example I notice in skiing I would lose an edge in emulation, than I tried it on real hardware and it did the exact same thing.  Vectron was a game I thought collision detection wasn't 100% in emulation.  Generally I think I score better on real hardware but it could be my imagination.  Strategy games could be different, but I can't say I really tried to compare.

If you can tell the difference in chess in twenty moves, we should try it on real intellivision hardware to see if it's similar to one of the emulators.  I also suggest posting this in the general intellivision forum and flag atariage user intvnut.  Intvnut is the author of jzintv.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 2:58 PM, Rickster8 said:

Guys,

I'm thinking about organizing something I am calling the 'Holiday Triple Pack' here at the HSC. It would be a 3 week long 'mini HSC Season' to help us get thru the gap from the end of Season 13 until the long 2 months when Season 14 begins sometime mid January 2021. 

It would be 3 games all starting on Sunday December 6th and lasting for 3 weeks ending Sunday December 27th. It would just be One Thread combining all 3 games into one 3 week period. The scoring would be exactly the same as Season 13's point scoring structure, bonuses included for breaking previous records. 

I'm thinking about the 3 games as we speak but hint, one of them will most likely be 'Christmas Carol' for obvious reasons..... :) 

So me and Matt are on board. Any other takers for this new HSC Holiday Tradition? ???

@IntyFanMatt @BiffMan @JacobZu7zu7 @fakecortex @Intelligentleman @Ace24 @popsicle @mr_me @Player One @hoosierdadee78 @gar0u @roadrunner @jblenkle @Mangia-Boy @wolfy62

Looking forward to the start of this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Looking forward to the start of this!

I'm thinking of kicking it off on Thursday December 10th. It will run for 3 weeks and end on New Year's Eve right as the ball drops (Eastern Time). It will be called the Holiday Triple Pack with a bonus game. The theme for this year will be 'Winter Games'.... Lol, don't worry, Skiing was just played so that game will NOT be included here Matt, hahahhahaha ?

• Haha 2