IGNORED

Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days

vhzc

17 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@sramirez2008 did you backtrack through the levels on that run? I've not done that but do wonder why that one room shortly before the rock boss has you activate the spring boards on it at the end? 

I did backtrack a bit and those spring boards are required in order for you to successfully backtrack through that room. Its actually a neat feature.?

• Like 1

Jump is definitely not high enough without the platform lifted to pass the spikes. 

I am with -^CrossBow^- though in thinking there may have been more to it or for activating that switch.  So far though, it appears to strictly be for backtracking that one room.  Though I did not discern a need to backtrack pass that room (or even to that room)...at least not yet.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:27 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I hadn't gotten through the last beta 8 but I did just get through beta 9. This is really coming along and I like the new color schemes that have been used! Looks great on my AV setup through my 7800 although I have the game paused for the pic below.

20200808_232433[1].jpg

only a screen??? No video?

i only get to room 49 ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gambler172 said:

only a screen??? No video?

i only get to room 49 ?

I thought my posting of run through vids wasn't appreciate by those that wanted the game to be more of a surprise? In fact, I even stated in a post that I wouldn't post any more vids of my play through on the game and would just post the single pics.

18 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Got to like CrossBow's S$%t eating grin on the reflection on the screen above..?

Yeah, that wasn't intended but I was pretty happy with my time overall on that run. I died several time and grabbed all the potions and hearts minus the secret potion. Usually you don't see me in the screen reflected when I take these pics but this time the lighting was just so that...well..there I am!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I thought my posting of run through vids wasn't appreciate by those that wanted the game to be more of a surprise? In fact, I even stated in a post that I wouldn't post any more vids of my play through on the game and would just post the single pics.

Yeah, that wasn't intended but I was pretty happy with my time overall on that run. I died several time and grabbed all the potions and hearts minus the secret potion. Usually you don't see me in the screen reflected when I take these pics but this time the lighting was just so that...well..there I am!

It was a really good time. I mean I programmed the thing and my time is worse than yours ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vhzc said:

It was a really good time. I mean I programmed the thing and my time is worse than yours ?

@-^CrossBow^-That time is ridiculous! I’ll be the first to admit that I took my time trying to complete the new beta, but you still completed your run in half the time it took me. #Gotta be the controllers!

Full disclosure: Were using the same controller.☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We'll be checking out the updated Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days on tomorrow's (Tue Aug 11) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 4

On 8/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, sramirez2008 said:

@-^CrossBow^-That time is ridiculous! I’ll be the first to admit that I took my time trying to complete the new beta, but you still completed your run in half the time it took me. #Gotta be the controllers!

Full disclosure: Were using the same controller.☹️

Most of the rooms can still be done in the same manner I did before with the exception of a few and I've not worked on the water levels enough to really find any quick short methods through those, so I do take my time on those screens.

Before some of the changes were made, I knew I was on a good run time if I could get to the sword for the first boss within 00:37 on the game timer. But now it is more like 00:42 for me with the slight changes made.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

What should i say?

I really like videos and nobody is forced to watch

them ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

You doing full backtracks again through the rooms?

Yep. I'm trying to look for bugs on the initial run though and during the backtrack.  

<Edit> Completed a couple of full run throughs with complete backtracking and have not found any bugs.?

9F64CCFE-D576-4CB7-9B38-DC33D733208A.jpeg

• Like 3

Finally had a chance to play Beta 10 through.  A little shy of 14 and 1/2 minutes - not too shabby.  

The snail falls nicely between Donkey Kong's ancestor and the Octopus in difficulty.  A much welcomed challenge and addition.  Very well done.  I like it a lot.

Though, believe it or not, for me, the shinning stars in this release are the updated projectiles.  It is amazing to me how a little touch and polish to something as 'simple' as those projectiles, being splashed with some blue and red color, makes a world of difference.

It is one of the things I really look forward to, if not the thing I look forward to with every release, the refinements and updates.  Sure, they could have been left as is, and yes the game would still be great.  Updates to spikes, projectiles, the status area, castle walls, castle floors, platforms...the list goes on and on.  Those kind of touches are what make such a professional looking product and 'finished feeling' game.

• Like 6