IGNORED

Popeye 7800

darryl1970

1 hour ago, SalemFrost7800 said:

Just a quick update, I got my new 7800 Mod from -^CrossBow^- and a new 7800 Controller from edladdin (Long Story)
and for the frst time last night I was able to play Popeye in all it's glory! It took me back to the Golden Age
of Arcade Games, darryl1970 did an absolutely amazing job and I look forward to playing this cart for many years to come. 

I am glad it had that effect for you. Thank you for the kind words. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, mario64 said:

How can I purchase this? I don't see it listed on AA store. Thank you

It is no longer available to purchase.

On 6/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, Albert said:

We're having a huge sale on a large variety of 2600, 5200, and 7800 games in the AtariAge Store! This will be your last chance to buy the games on sale. If you've been holding off on buying some of these titles, now's the time to pick them up! These games will be removed from the AtariAge Store once this sale has completed.

Some of these games have a limited number of boxes, and once those are exhausted, no further boxed copies of those games will be available! All the games in this sale have been discounted by 10%. This sale will run now through Sunday, July 23rd. Due to the expected volume of orders, it will take about a month or possibly longer for most orders to ship.

Here's a list of the games...

Atari 7800:

Popeye

4 hours ago, darryl1970 said:

Shout out to anybody who has a cartridge labeled version 2.40:

Please let me know if you have an exclamation mark next to your version number AND whether you have a high score device plugged in.

Thanks,

Darryl

I have the exclamation point but looking at my footage it appears to be 2.30. Should I plug in AtariVox or the Save Key?

7 hours ago, MegaManFan said:

I have the exclamation point but looking at my footage it appears to be 2.30. Should I plug in AtariVox or the Save Key?

You can try both. The exclamation mark should be there.

The exclamation mark should be default. It can be removed with a special code, but the game is more accurate when the exclamation mark is present.

I edited my ROM image header to trip the 7800 GD built-in High Score Cartridge detector, and it appeared to default to not having the exclamation mark. I just wanted to make sure that everybody has the exclamation mark by default.

It sounds as if that is the case.

Thanks!

--Darryl

image.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Orlock99 said:

Any chance at seeing this available as a rom purchase?

I've been too busy lately to look at this and figure out how to handle things going forward.

12 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

It said that he'd "have to think on it".. I didn't see anything about the answer being a hard no. Since there's no more physical copies on here, hopefully a rom option will be available, either for sale or otherwise.

Correct. I wasn't sure if Al would be handling online ROM purchases. I have been pretty busy with personal stuff lately. I would like to come up with a good solution for this, as I personally value ROMs and SD Carts myself.

10 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

Got a nice lil score the other day. No save key plugged in unfortunately. Love this gameIMG_1675.thumb.jpeg.f026a3f724242cbec4927f1bc463ce61.jpeg

That is a great score! I wish you were able to preserve that on a savekey, but the picture is nice too. I am glad you enjoy the game! :)

I still love the way the game looks on a nice CRT. (I personally stick with RF. I think it's great when it's a clean signal.)

• Like 4

I have a cart already but I’d pay a nominal fee for a ROM copy (with the latest 1.40 version fixing the bottle punching score bug) for my flash carts. It’s that good :)  (I also want to see how good the whole game looks through Component out of the 7800GD!) 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

I have a cart already but I’d pay a nominal fee for a ROM copy (with the latest 1.40 version fixing the bottle punching score bug) for my flash carts. It’s that good :)  (I also want to see how good the whole game looks through Component out of the 7800GD!) 

Same.

I have 1.3 CIB from the OG store release. When I heard about the scoring bug I wished I had waited a while since there is probably no hope of getting a 1.4 now that it's pulled from the store and I didn't want to buy a second copy as there were a few other "last chance" games that I wanted more than a second copy of Popeye. 

• Like 2