IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

On 6/14/2023 at 10:13 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I believe @batari stated in his mention of the modules that CEM#0 is essentially ready now and you only need to contact him and pay for shipping to receive one? I had meant to do that as well but just got sidetracked so I hadn't requested one yet.

I sent a PM to @batari inquiring about getting a CEM #0 on June 17th and he's not even read it yet. I've even expressed a willingness to design 3D printable enclosures for every iteration of the upcoming CEMs and the response was kinda noncommittal.

On 6/19/2022 at 3:46 PM, Nathan Strum said:

Thanks for the link, but this option doesn't include the Hokey Soldered or Socketed Option, which costs more. It just shows the Pre-Production Concertos. Possible to include the Hokey options, Batari??

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 6:44 PM, cleoo said:

Thanks for the link, but this option doesn't include the Hokey Soldered or Socketed Option, which costs more. It just shows the Pre-Production Concertos. Possible to include the Hokey options, Batari??

This looks like the link for HOKEYs but it's showing sold out:

https://erstwhile-technologies-7800.square.site/product/hokey-sound-chip/6?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=true

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redbeard25 said:

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking for just the Hokey Chip. I was really trying to order the Concerto with my PayPal account which the link I was using had, but the erstwhile link only has Square and Google Pay. Any way, to include PayPal to that Erstwhile link???

• 1 month later...

I also have an older Concerto without a HOKEY.  Off and on for the last several months I've been checking the link to buy one but it always seems to be sold out.  Is there a mailing list I can get on for when these are available again so I don't miss it?

Edited by akator
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 5:31 PM, akator said:

I also have an older Concerto without a HOKEY.  Off and on for the last several months I've been checking the link to buy one but it always seems to be sold out.  Is there a mailing list I can get on for when these are available again so I don't miss it?

I found this link last night.   Will probably pick this up soon once I find my 7800 and see if it still works.

https://erstwhile-technologies-7800.square.site/product/concerto-cartridge/5?cs=true&cst=custom

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 2:58 AM, Hybrid-T said:

Did anyone get an email receipt when they placed their order? I ordered mine about 3 days ago and havnt received anything. @batari u able to clarify anything?

Fred was very busy with the Portland Retro Gaming Expo this weekend and I'm sure he'll work on catching up on orders later this week. 

..Al

5 hours ago, Stechmann said:

Hey guys, I have a Harmony cart and am wondering if it is possible to put Concerto firmware on it, in order to run 7800 roms?? 

Even if a Concerto firmware were placed on a Harmony cart, it would be pointless, as there are fewer cartridge pins on the Harmony PCB.  The necessary lines are missing that send data for a 7800 ROM.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 1:21 AM, opossumita said:

Which is the latest firmware? Thanks.

From the Concerto firmware thread:

Atari 7800 8BitDev.org page for the Concerto provides a download link for the latest firmware.

image.png.1c94eed67a0cc21835334006e503b7ec.png

The latest (30723) firmware is best for those with an OEM POKEY installed.

However, the next to most recent (30323) is best for those with a HOKEY.

Mention earlier in another post:

"Per Fred, the difference between the firmware posted on 30323 and 30723, is the following:

Version 30723:  "This version rolls back most the changes that helped HOKEY compatibility but hurt POKEY compatibility."

Therefore, in general, if a Concerto has a HOKEY installed, the 30323 file posted is likely the better choice.

If a Concerto has a POKEY installed, the 30723 file posted is likely best."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been checking the order page every couple days and saw that they were available again so I crossed my fingers and placed an order Saturday. Today I got a shipping notice with tracking number. Thanks Fred!

Other than picking up a couple 2600 carts locally I've held off on purchasing games until I could get a multicart. Picked the Concerto over the GameDrive based on price, the fact that I have a UAV-modded 7800 (very good PQ with s-video and Retrotink), and I plan to get some homebrew carts.

• Like 1