IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

On 2/4/2023 at 10:44 AM, bszarek001 said:

Hello all - sorry if posted elsewhere. I recently moved back to the US from Europe. Used my Concerto and loved it. During my move back, the top of the concerto case cracked in a couple places. Small but still works fine. 

I bought the Hokey and would like to get this installed.  Is there a way to get this cart open without yanking the label off? Sorry if a stupid question but everything I’m seeing is about screws under the label. Do I have to use a heat gun to get the label off, and if so, is there a way to get it back on without using glue? And if it is ruined, can I order a new label from you @batari? 

Thanks all! 

image.jpg

I am In the same boat. Is there a way to purchase a replacement label?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, alortegac said:

I am In the same boat. Is there a way to purchase a replacement label?

Thanks 

Did you already peel it off, and if so, is it toast? 

I was able to use a heat gun to warm it up a bit, then get a fingernail under it and pull it off. Keep one of those cell phone cover install stickers handy so you can get the dirt off the back, then reapply when done. 

I haven't heard about the possibility of a new label. I will say, though, that the Hokey works great. 

And I should have taken pictures of it - sorry I don't know what kind of screw is in the center. 

• Like 1

It's a flat head Philips screw, 10mm or 7/16" long.

Maybe it's a #5 or M2.5? Not 100% sure, but I would just shoot @batari on here a message and ask him about the screw size & inquire about an extra label. He's hooked me up with extra labels in the past, so I'm sure he'd help you out too. :)

20230212_221751.thumb.jpg.767c73b18dad96de8ff6f3a2f5cb5379.jpg

Hey guys and gals!  @sheep2001 over at TCP put together this nice Universal Game Case art insert for the Concerto cart recently.

UGC's are available for reasonable prices on ebay again, let me know if you need a link but they go for less than $2 apeice in small bulk orders. 

Enjoy this nice home for your concerto and big thanks to Sheep for the artwork and time! 

[7800] Concerto.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Hey guys and gals!  @sheep2001 over at TCP put together this nice Universal Game Case art insert for the Concerto cart recently.

UGC's are available for reasonable prices on ebay again, let me know if you need a link but they go for less than $2 apeice in small bulk orders. 

If you wouldn't mind, kindly post the link. Thanks so much! :) 

32 minutes ago, thegamezmaster said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a Concerto Card once ordered? What all comes with one? Can't find any info on their website. Thanks.

I can't speak for Fred but like a lot of things in this hobby it's a one man show. I believe Fred has a day job and so Concerto and Harmony stuff happen in his free time. 

Going off of my most recent order of a Concerto which was almost two years ago, wow time flies, You get a cart and a label to apply to the cart. If you added a HOKEY when you bought it the HOKEY should already be installed in the cart. 

You will need to supply the SD card with the ROMs on it. In most cases the Concerto will come with the most current firmware installed unless a new one was released right after it was shipped. Which was was a new release yesterday. 

Batari might see your post and be able to give you more accurate info and a time table but I don't want to speak for his time table. We live in an Amazon Prime world and Atari Age and Batari who makes the Harmony and Concerto carts don't live in the Amazon Prime world. ;)

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

I can't speak for Fred but like a lot of things in this hobby it's a one man show. I believe Fred has a day job and so Concerto and Harmony stuff happen in his free time. 

Going off of my most recent order of a Concerto which was almost two years ago, wow time flies, You get a cart and a label to apply to the cart. If you added a HOKEY when you bought it the HOKEY should already be installed in the cart. 

You will need to supply the SD card with the ROMs on it. In most cases the Concerto will come with the most current firmware installed unless a new one was released right after it was shipped. Which was was a new release yesterday. 

Batari might see your post and be able to give you more accurate info and a time table but I don't want to speak for his time table. We live in an Amazon Prime world and Atari Age and Batari who makes the Harmony and Concerto carts don't live in the Amazon Prime world. ;)

Thank you for the informative reply. It helped!

On 2/15/2023 at 9:36 PM, TrekMD said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the exact size that the insert needs to be printed?

They print in the correct size already; they are sized to fit you just have to edge them.  I know it's just a little long to fit on standard 8x11, you have to use the next size up glossy paper.  I'd have to measure...will take a look this week. 

Edited by Rick Dangerous
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 9:35 PM, MMarcoux66 said:

Can the Hokey chip still be ordered separately and how much is it out of curiosity. I have a socketed Concerto already.

Also interested in the answer to this.

I know that @batari said e-mails are/were going to be sent out for those who ordered the Concerto before Hokey availability, but one never made it out my way.

I hope it's still available as I'm definitely interested.

I’m still patiently waiting for that email as well.

Having said that though…given all the issues that Fred is having to track down and issue firmware updates for, does anyone have an opinion on whether the HOKEY or a real POKEY is better to use with Concerto?  Any benefit of one over the other?

@batari just been trying to find a way to contact you to get an eta on my recently purchased concerto order placed on your Erstwhile technologies website on Tuesday 28th March last week.

I had an email confirmation for order at the time, but unfortunately there is no email contact address for customers to contact you on said email confirmation (and latter is a no-reply address), and no way to do so either on the website. 

I also tried to PM you here on AA but see you have PM's blocked. 

I won't post details here of the order obviously, but if you could let me know the postage eta for my order (UK order placed 28th March) I'd appreciate it. :) You have my email address as part of the order.  If you could email me the tracking number when it is on it's way also that would be great. 

It would be great if the order confirmation email had a way for customers to contact you. Even an enquiry form on your website. At present the only way to contact you is via AA here in a post. 

Thanks 

I hate to beat a dead horse but patience is a virtue. Fred has a day job. He does Concerto's, Harmony's and HOKEY's in his spare time. It's barely been 4 days since you placed your order and it was an international order. 

Have some patience. I am in the states and have ordered a Harmony, 2 Concertos and two HOKEY's and the general time frame for me has been 2-3 weeks and I am on the same side of the USA as Fred. I also believe that Fred just uses a couple of threads here on AA for most of his communications. He will likely respond to you post since you TAGGED him in it. But again, I would say, be patient. 

12 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

@batari just been trying to find a way to contact you to get an eta on my recently purchased concerto order placed on your Erstwhile technologies website on Tuesday 28th March last week.

I had an email confirmation for order at the time, but unfortunately there is no email contact address for customers to contact you on said email confirmation (and latter is a no-reply address), and no way to do so either on the website. 

I also tried to PM you here on AA but see you have PM's blocked. 

I won't post details here of the order obviously, but if you could let me know the postage eta for my order (UK order placed 28th March) I'd appreciate it. :) You have my email address as part of the order.  If you could email me the tracking number when it is on it's way also that would be great. 

It would be great if the order confirmation email had a way for customers to contact you. Even an enquiry form on your website. At present the only way to contact you is via AA here in a post. 

Thanks 

If I have PMs blocked, I am not sure how or why that happened, and it is not intentional. I can't find anything in my settings about that so if anyone knows more about this, let me know as I don't want to block any PMs.

That being said, I do have your order and I expect you should be getting tracking information this weekend.

13 minutes ago, batari said:

If I have PMs blocked, I am not sure how or why that happened, and it is not intentional. I can't find anything in my settings about that so if anyone knows more about this, let me know as I don't want to block any PMs.

Wonder if your message storage is full? I know that used to be an issue - where it would bounce messages.

• Like 1

Just now, Nathan Strum said:

Wonder if your message storage is full? I know that used to be an issue - where it would bounce messages.

My guess is that his forum inbox is full also. That is what it sounds like to me. But maybe Al can shed some light. 

18 minutes ago, batari said:

That being said, I do have your order and I expect you should be getting tracking information this weekend.

I don't see any reason why someone cannot send you a PM, and you still have plenty of PM storage.  You don't have Beeblebrox blocked, either. 

@Beeblebrox - Can you take a screenshot of what happens when you try to send batari a PM?  I'd like to see that, as it will help me track down what is going on.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

I hate to beat a dead horse but patience is a virtue. Fred has a day job. He does Concerto's, Harmony's and HOKEY's in his spare time. It's barely been 4 days since you placed your order and it was an international order. 

Have some patience. I am in the states and have ordered a Harmony, 2 Concertos and two HOKEY's and the general time frame for me has been 2-3 weeks and I am on the same side of the USA as Fred. I also believe that Fred just uses a couple of threads here on AA for most of his communications. He will likely respond to you post since you TAGGED him in it. But again, I would say, be patient. 

My tone perhaps unintentionally came across as chasing. I was actually just wanting to get a rough eta on dispatch is all. :) If it takes 3 weeks + fair enough. I often order from the States as well as a Europe and am fine to wait.

It's just normally you have a way to query or contact a business whom you have placed an order with.

@batari thanks for confirming and sorry if it came across the wrong way. Having a contact form on the Erstwhile technologies website might be a way to get around things when customers need to contact you. 

@Albert I just did a test PM attempt to illustrate the message I get.. See attached. 

Screenshot_20230401_210356.jpg

11 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

My tone perhaps unintentionally came across as chasing. I was actually just wanting to get a rough eta on dispatch is all. :) If it takes 3 weeks + fair enough. I often order from the States as well as a Europe and am fine to wait.

It's just normally you have a way to query or contact a business whom you have placed an order with.

No worries. I just get frustrated at times when these questions come up with Fred's products or AA Store orders because I think that Amazon has made the world very impatient at times, including my self. I remember growing up and watching TV commercials for mail order items and they always had that small print disclaimer "Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery". I think that was pretty reasonable in a non internet connected world, but times change and we get used to improvements in speed in all aspects of our lives and then get impatient when all things don't match that expectation. 

I currently am waiting for a game manual that I won on ebay. I won this auction on March 21. The shipping label was created and dropped on the 22nd. This stupid thing is stuck in some sort of shipping hell vortex in New Jersey. It hasn't moved out of the state of NJ in a week and a half. The seller has reached out to me two times telling me he has put traces on the item in hopes of getting it moving. But it really hasn't helped. I am at the mercy of the US Postal Service. It's frustrating. I hope your Concerto makes it's way across the pond in a timely manner. 

5 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

@batari thanks for confirming and sorry if it came across the wrong way. Having a contact form on the Erstwhile technologies website might be a way to get around things when customers need to contact you. 

@Albert I just did a test PM attempt to illustrate the message I get.. See attached. 

Screenshot_20230401_210356.jpg

Just batari. No @

As you type it, the name will auto-complete, and show suggested matches.

image.thumb.png.76564e63183788e222a217865881b2bc.png

• Like 3