IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Very nice.

Looks minty like you just opened the shrinkwrap!

Thanks. It does have some shelf wear in places that the box protector hides a bit. I think this was a box that was never actually sold at retail, if I'm remembering the story correctly. The rest of the items look new because I'm always looking to upgrade the pieces that aren't mint so they've been swapped out a few times for better conditioned items.

The shielded cart was a lucky find. I wasn't looking for an upgrade and didn't know Word Fun even had shielded variants when I got that one as part of a lot from eBay.

Edited by the1hatman
Damn autocorrect!

2 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Thanks. It does have some shelf wear in places that the box protector hides a bit. I think this was a box that was never actually sold at retail, if I'm remembering the story correctly. The rest of the items look new because I'm always looking to upgrade the pieces that aren't mint so they've been swapped out a few times for better conditioned items.

The shielded cart was a lucky find. I wasn't looking for an upgrade and didn't know Word Fun even had shielded variants when I got that one as part of a lot from eBay.

Yes, that is very weird. The only original shielded carts i have ever seen were the original 8 fctvvo's (with a few trickeling into the first nationwide release.. NFL, NBA, MLB, Math Fun, Poker, Checkers, Backgammon, Armor Battle), early run of NASL Soccer, early run of NHL Hockey, and early run of Sea Battle. Possibly even Roulette but i do not have it.

*(I say original shielded because there were 2 runs of shielded carts.. USA 1979-1980, and Hong Kong 1980. You can easily tell the difference between them.  Im going to post on it shortly).

The one you have is a USA version.. which means it was made around the same time as soccer, nhl, and Sea Battle. It doesnt have the "Insert to Line" shell so probably like the few rare Sea Battles out there.

Its possible it was made as a test run at Mattel.. but only one of the BSR would be able to verify.

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog

4 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Yes, that is very weird. The only original shielded carts i have ever seen were the original 8 fctvvo's, early run of NASL Soccer, early run of NHL Hockey, and early run of Sea Battle. *(I say original shielded because there were 2 runs of shielded carts.. USA 1979-1980, and Hong Kong 1980. You can easily tell the difference between them. (Im going to post on it shortly).

The one you have is a USA version.. which means it was made around the same time as soccer, nhl, and Sea Battle. It doesnt have the "Insert to Line" shell so probably like the few rare Sea Battles out there.

Its possible it was made as a test run at Mattel.. but only one of the BSR would be able to verify.

This makes me want to go through all of my early cartridges, and check for shields. I have several, but not sure what games or which version they are.

11 minutes ago, Wizewonathome said:

This makes me want to go through all of my early cartridges, and check for shields. I have several, but not sure what games or which version they are.

Alls you need to do is hold the cart.. if it feels uncommonly heavy.. its shielded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Yes, that is very weird. The only original shielded carts i have ever seen were the original 8 fctvvo's (with a few trickeling into the first nationwide release.. NFL, NBA, MLB, Math Fun, Poker, Checkers, Backgammon, Armor Battle), early run of NASL Soccer, early run of NHL Hockey, and early run of Sea Battle. Possibly even Roulette but i do not have it.

*(I say original shielded because there were 2 runs of shielded carts.. USA 1979-1980, and Hong Kong 1980. You can easily tell the difference between them.  Im going to post on it shortly).

My shielded Word Fun does have the insert line though. There's only two  I haven't found that I believe have been confirmed...

Shield with no insert line:

ABPA Backgammon

Checkers

Math Fun

MLB Baseball

NASL Soccer 

NBA Basketball

NFL Football

NHL Hockey

Shield with insert line:

Auto Racing

Sea Battle

Word Fun

No shield and no insert line:

Armor Battle

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack

I'd love to add the LV P&BJ with a shield though. Kind of shocked I've never seen one.

3 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Wondering about the overlays for this one. My copy has the no shadow bottom row version. ?

I actually have both versions of the overlays for my copy since there is no way to know which is correct. I keep my non-shadow set inside the manual, I just didn't see the need to show both. I figure since both versions are printed in the US that it is possible for either or both to have come with the US copy of the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Humblejack said:

Guess what, I must have sold it somewhere along the way. I did a test of all the Poker and BJ I had. I think there were 8 or 9 versions. I don't have any left. Sorry

I was just kidding anyway. Besides, I'm willing to bet Jason has a few of those laying around that I can kick out of him ?

Edited by the1hatman
Damn autocorrect!

6 hours ago, Humblejack said:

Guess what, I must have sold it somewhere along the way. I did a test of all the Poker and BJ I had. I think there were 8 or 9 versions. I don't have any left. Sorry

I was just kidding anyway. Besides, I'm willing to bet Jason has a few of those aying around that I can kick out of him ?

26 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

PXL_20220613_182510945.thumb.jpg.6dcc122ad6bbd97e954b4f7217c7b176.jpg

That is a rare one, I'm sure you can get him to do anything to get hold of that.

BTW: I found it. It is in my CIB section. It is the 2nd version of P&BJ.  The one with no FCTVVO and has a color manual. USA version.  If you want it just pay shipping. Let me know.

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Humblejack said:

That is a rare one, I'm sure you can get him to do anything to get hold of that.

BTW: I found it. It is in my CIB section. It is the 2nd version of P&BJ.  The one with no FCTVVO and has a color manual. USA version.  If you want it just pay shipping. Let me know.

It's actually already his. He found it at PRGE 2019 and sent it home with me to preserve and fix the label. I will be hand delivering it (really freakin late, lol) in Portland this year.

I'd love to have the shielded P&BJ if you're sure you don't need it. Thanks Hank!