IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

25 minutes ago, Wizewonathome said:

The only thus far found game box, is Bowling, which has the INTV Corporation information on the back side. On another note, the Intellivision Inc. cartridges with white labels, removed all information with regards to Mattel Electronics, on the labels.

And INTV Corp was around a lot longer than Intellivision Inc, so you'd expect to see some boxes that say INTV Corp.  If the cartridges with labels without any copyright info were produced by INTV Corp, as Keith Robinson says, then their boxes that say Intellivision Inc were also distributed by INTV Corp.

Edited by mr_me

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

And INTV Corp was around a lot longer than Intellivision Inc, so you'd expect to see some boxes that say INTV Corp.  If the cartridges with labels without any copyright info were produced by INTV Corp, as Keith Robinson says, then their boxes that say Intellivision Inc were also distributed by INTV Corp.

Time line

Mattel Electronics original Box/cartridges

Intellivision Inc. short lived

Reproduced boxes (Mattel info removed)

cartridges original Mattel games with white labels over existing Mattel Labels of Mattel Cartridges or only white labels over existing cartridges  

Terry Valesky buys out partners of Intellivision Inc. forms INTV Corporation and creates new games with Keith Robinson creating the labels From cheapest label sources possible. At No time was INTV Corporation distributing Intellivision Inc. boxes. Look at https://history.blueskyrangers.com/intvcorp/index.html for further info. 

It would explain the INTV Corp labeled cartridges inside Intellivision Inc boxes and the lack of INTV Corp boxes despite INTV Corp being around much longer than Intellivision Inc.  Intellivision Inc was required by contract to remove the Mattel Electronics name where feasible but INTV Corp was free to use Intellivision Inc boxes as is.

Edited by mr_me

27 minutes ago, mr_me said:

It would explain the INTV Corp labeled cartridges inside Intellivision Inc boxes and the lack of INTV Corp boxes despite INTV Corp being around much longer than Intellivision Inc.  Intellivision Inc was required by contract to remove the Mattel Electronics name where feasible but INTV Corp was free to use Intellivision Inc boxes as is.

Did you read the link that I posted?

Does anyone have a Golf II with the "NEW" sticker?

I found and bought one from an Australian seller that, at the end, could not deliver it, unfortunately…

It was the first and unique time I’ve seen it in three years…

It looks like Australia could be a market where we could find some rare "NEW" stickered II games…

Last point: can we assume that the "NEW" sticker was put only by INTV Corp on I.I. and INTV boxes and never by Intellivision Inc.?

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Does anyone have a Golf II with the "NEW" sticker?

I found and bought one from an Australian seller that, at the end, could not deliver it, unfortunately…

It was the first and unique time I’ve seen it in three years…

It looks like Australia could be a market where we could find some rare "NEW" stickered II games…

Last point: can we assume that the "NEW" sticker was put only by INTV Corp on I.I. and INTV boxes and never by Intellivision Inc.?

No assumptions can and should be made on this matter. What are you referring to as Golf II?

Wait, what!?!  This opens a whole new variant subset on my list.  I have several Intellivision Inc. boxes with the "NEW" sticker and they all have the white label carts that don't have "(C) I.I. 1980 USA" but it never occurred to me that these were INTV Corp releases. The "NEW" Sticker should have tipped me off...it's so obvious now.  I think it's because I built my list off of INTV Funhouse and these non-Intellivision Inc. white label carts are listed as Intellivision Inc, not INTV Corp. Just checked my tracker and I have 4 Intellivision Inc. games with NEW stickers. These 3 sports:

IntyNewSticker.thumb.jpg.08bd2db7b66b948ec5599c241689d7ed.jpg

And I just confirmed my Pinball as well.  Huh.  So I guess I'm looking for some REAL Intellivision Inc. games to replace these and will have to create a NEW list of INTV Corp versions of Intellivision Inc. games.

VARIANTS!

21 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

Time line

Mattel Electronics original Box/cartridges

Intellivision Inc. short lived

Reproduced boxes (Mattel info removed)

cartridges original Mattel games with white labels over existing Mattel Labels of Mattel Cartridges or only white labels over existing cartridges  

Terry Valesky buys out partners of Intellivision Inc. forms INTV Corporation and creates new games with Keith Robinson creating the labels From cheapest label sources possible. At No time was INTV Corporation distributing Intellivision Inc. boxes. Look at https://history.blueskyrangers.com/intvcorp/index.html for further info. 

Valeski bought out the partners of Intellivison Inc and CHANGED THE NAME to INTV Corp. He did not form a new company. No where in that history does it say that INTV Corp did not distribute Intellivision Inc boxes. If anything, the indication is that many of the items attributed to Intellivsion Inc were generated after the name change (reduced color overlays and black and white manuals are specifically mentioned in the section AFTER the name change, and I believe this text is brought straight from the old site written by Keith). If anything, it implies that World Championship Baseball and Thunder Castle were released BEFORE the name change and one might expect Intellivision Inc notations on early boxes of them. I don't think any such thing has been reported.
To speculate (as I was not involved at that time), INTV Corp may have continued to do business as Intellivision Inc in addition to as INTV Corp. I filed a DBA to allow me to cash checks made out to Intellivision Productions after changing the name to Blue Sky Rangers, and they may have needed to do the same thing. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BigDumer said:

VARIANTS!

Absolutely my Friend!!!??

But can we assume that all Intellivision Inc. boxes with the "NEW" sticker were stickered by INTV Corp. team (thank you @BSRSteve for pointing out that INTV Corp was the same company that did change the name, I didn’t figure it out).

I don’t understand what’s new in such games…

What was the meaning of that sticker???

Last but not least, we should try to make an exhaustive list of all games found with the "NEW" sticker so far…

I was wondering if you were going to weigh-in Steve. Thanks for clarification.

I read in the Timeline that when INTV began to cut costs, they printed manuals in accordian and fold-out styles. Can we then assume that if you got a black & white "stapled" manual, it was an Intelliv Inc. release.. and if you got a black & white "folded" manual, it was an INTV release.. regardless of box style?

Not tryin to nitpick or extend debate... i am honestly curious.

2 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Valeski bought out the partners of Intellivison Inc and CHANGED THE NAME to INTV Corp. He did not form a new company. No where in that history does it say that INTV Corp did not distribute Intellivision Inc boxes. If anything, the indication is that many of the items attributed to Intellivsion Inc were generated after the name change (reduced color overlays and black and white manuals are specifically mentioned in the section AFTER the name change, and I believe this text is brought straight from the old site written by Keith). If anything, it implies that World Championship Baseball and Thunder Castle were released BEFORE the name change and one might expect Intellivision Inc notations on early boxes of them. I don't think any such thing has been reported.
To speculate (as I was not involved at that time), INTV Corp may have continued to do business as Intellivision Inc in addition to as INTV Corp. I filed a DBA to allow me to cash checks made out to Intellivision Productions after changing the name to Blue Sky Rangers, and they may have needed to do the same thing. 

Thanks for the clarification

But can we assume that all Intellivision Inc. boxes with the "NEW" sticker were stickered by INTV Corp. team (thank you @BSRSteve for pointing out that INTV Corp was the same company that did change the name, I didn’t figure it out).

Last but not least, we should try to make an exhaustive list of all games found with the "NEW" sticker so far…

If you can provide pictures for any other Intellivision Inc. games with the “NEW’ sticker, I will ad them to the list. All of the INTV Corp. games with the ‘’NEW’’

sticker that I have pictures for are already added to my global list.

If you can provide pictures for any other Intellivision Inc. games with the “NEW’ sticker, I will ad them to the list. All of the INTV Corp. games with the ‘’NEW’’

sticker that I have pictures for are already added to my global list.

6 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I was wondering if you were going to weigh-in Steve. Thanks for clarification.

I read in the Timeline that when INTV began to cut costs, they printed manuals in accordian and fold-out styles. Can we then assume that if you got a black & white "stapled" manual, it was an Intelliv Inc. release.. and if you got a black & white "folded" manual, it was an INTV release.. regardless of box style?

Not tryin to nitpick or extend debate... i am honestly curious.

Interesting Rog, you might have a point…

When you say:

6 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

regardless of box style

you mean box with INTV Corp printed on the back or Intellivision Inc. printed on the back?

18 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

you mean box with INTV Corp printed on the back or Intellivision Inc. printed on the back?

No,

I meant regardless of Intelliv. Inc. boxes with "New" sticker on it (signifying it was an INTV released game in the previous style Intelliv. Inc. box)

18 hours ago, BigDumer said:

Wait, what!?!  This opens a whole new variant subset on my list.  I have several Intellivision Inc. boxes with the "NEW" sticker and they all have the white label carts that don't have "(C) I.I. 1980 USA" but it never occurred to me that these were INTV Corp releases. The "NEW" Sticker should have tipped me off...it's so obvious now.  I think it's because I built my list off of INTV Funhouse and these non-Intellivision Inc. white label carts are listed as Intellivision Inc, not INTV Corp. Just checked my tracker and I have 4 Intellivision Inc. games with NEW stickers. These 3 sports:

IntyNewSticker.thumb.jpg.08bd2db7b66b948ec5599c241689d7ed.jpg

And I just confirmed my Pinball as well.  Huh.  So I guess I'm looking for some REAL Intellivision Inc. games to replace these and will have to create a NEW list of INTV Corp versions of Intellivision Inc. games.

VARIANTS!

If you don't mind, please post clear hi def pictures of these Boxes, flat front front view, flat back view ( as show here already by others), and inside contents of the boxes views.  I will then ad them to the global picture database.  Also when I categorized the list, all game boxes fall under, the printed Intellivision Inc. or INTV Corporation information on the back of the box

Edited by Wizewonathome

10 hours ago, abeckett said:

I’m going to cause trouble again. Look what I also got in the same lot. Another rarity?

9002E863-EC59-4FEA-8172-B3DA2A67B69C.jpeg

6DF8D4A1-FEA9-4FAA-A523-C6212A3D1560.jpeg

Not sure is a rarity but the "thin ice" yellow characters with the "NEW" sticker was in my list but never documented with a picture!???

Now it’s confirmed!?

The yellow characters is a bit rarer than the white one…