IGNORED

8-Bit Software: A Preservation Effort

SoulBuster

Hi bf2k+,

Yes!!! That makes the collection complete! :-))) If you can upload the WAV or CAS files, that would be marvelous! :-)))

Regarding the manual, it is fully sufficient, if load up just pictures with a smartphone, I can assemble them here to a pdf file.

Btw, you are big in: Atari 8-bit BBS, do you have a backup or files from the OSS BBS?

Thank you sooooo much in advance. 🙂

Your help is highly appreciated!

Issue #31

1. MICRODOS.LST is entered into MICRODOS.BAS from issue #28 for better XL compatibility.
  2. BALLDROP.LST is entered into BALLDROP.BAS from issue #22 for better XL compatibility.
  3. UNICHECK.BAS creates a file or a cassette version of the program. The CAS and an independently made ATR are included.  The assembly listing compiles, but the results lock up the computer.
  4. ROTO.ACT loads, compiles and runs inside ACTION, but the saved compiled version I just made does not work. I did find a copy of the ACT file along with a compiled version of the game. The difference is that this version has and include for a runtime package. I am including this version of the ACT file and the OBJ file that was with.  I still cannot compile this.
  5. LUNAR.BAS locks up if it is run from the ANALOG DISK MENU.  If the ANALOG disk AUTORUN.SYS executes, this program will lock up.  Run it from some other boot disk, even SDX likes it.
  6. LAZER.BAS creates a file or a cassette version.  A CAS and an ATR from that CAS are included. The magazine says that the assembly listing is located on "Analog Computing TCS".  It is not on the source disks and I was unable to locate it elsewhere. If someone has it, get it to me and I will make an update.
  7. Atari Clock: I type in the assembly listing and it compiles, but you have to set some variables in it to make a working copy, I did not do this.  I used MAKCLOCK.BAS to get the OBJ file. I copied it to a DOS disk as AUTORUN.SYS and add the SETCLOCK.BAS program on it, ATR included.  The clock only appears after you set the clock.

Side Note: the assembly listings were nowhere to be found on a previous Analog disks.  I typed the missing assembly listings. LAZER has an assembly listing, but is not printed in the magazine, nor do I have it.

Analog Computing #31 (1985-06)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].zip

image.thumb.png.916a17bafeea2309e190afdafcddd7ac.png

image.thumb.png.dcfb3f6ba28a7e8e210b07dce08036e5.png

• Like 3

Anyone have the files for the Printer Driver Program in Issue #32.  It is not on the source disks and I cannot locate it.

Issue #32

There are 4 listings, three in BASIC and one in assembly.  If I cannot find them, I will begin typing them tomorrow, if no one responds.

Issue 31: Lunar seems to have some corruption in the file. I have Lunar on an ATR file from some place else and it loads and runs fine.

Issue 31's Lunar crashes and when comparing the two files using Memo Pad, it is missing line 110 and line 105 has a bunch of strange characters with line 110 tacked on the end.

Issue 31: (characters here don't match as seen in Memo Pad)

105 F1=F1+0.5:IF F1/C8=INT(F1/C8) THEN FUEL=FUEL-C8:FUEL=FUEL*(FUEL>-C1):POSITION 34,C0:? FUEL;0REM M6¥-¥%?P    ¥'‡"P:¥'‡,&6”-”&‡36”-”$+”!6€,?-@4    •G(”  :,:?-•n A   F:‘,s F:Œ,110 POKE 711,PEEK(C20)

115 IF PEEK(CNSL)<>C7 THEN SOUND C0,C0,C0,C0:GOTO C20

My ATR:

105 F1=F1+0.5:IF F1/C8=INT(F1/C8) THEN FUEL=FUEL-C8:FUEL=FUEL*(FUEL>-C1):POSITION 34,C0:? FUEL;" ":F1=C0
110 POKE 711,PEEK(C20)

FD2.atr

Edited by pmgraphics
spelling

Normally, I don't preupload, but to help at least a little bit SoulBuster, here is:

The complete Antic Deep BlueC: all credits to G. H. from Germany for this collection. Mostly, ANTIC version = APX version minus the info file from APX

Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-A
Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-B-Documentation
Deep Blue C-Secrets-APO115-A
Deep Blue C-Secrets-APO115-B-Documentation - not sure
Mathlib for C-AP0132-A - not sure
Mathlib for C-AP0132-B-Documentation - not sure

The last 3 ones need to be verified again. Hope, we can complete everything regarding C on the Atari. Have fun.

Deep Blue C-Compiler-A.png

Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-B Documentation.png

Deep Blue C-Secrets-APX-20179.png

Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument B.png

Mathlib for Deep Blue C-APX-20231.jpg

Antic-Deep Blue C Compiler.atr Deep Blue C-Compiler-A.atr Antic-Deep Blue C Compiler-AP114 -Manual.atr Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-B Documentation.atr Antic-Deep Blue C Secrets-A.atr Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument A-CRC checked by Andreas.atr Deep Blue C-Secrets-APX-20179.atr Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument B-DOCs fehlen.atr Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument B.atx Mathlib for Deep Blue C-APX-20231.atr Mathlib for C-B Documentation AP0132.atr Mathlib for C-B Documentation AP0132.atx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pmgraphics said:

Issue 31: Lunar seems to have some corruption in the file. I have Lunar on an ATR file from some place else and it loads and runs fine.

Issue 31's Lunar crashes and when comparing the two files using Memo Pad, it is missing line 110 and line 105 has a bunch of strange characters with line 110 tacked on the end.

Issue 31: (characters here don't match as seen in Memo Pad)

105 F1=F1+0.5:IF F1/C8=INT(F1/C8) THEN FUEL=FUEL-C8:FUEL=FUEL*(FUEL>-C1):POSITION 34,C0:? FUEL;0REM M6¥-¥%?P    ¥'‡"P:¥'‡,&6”-”&‡36”-”$+”!6€,?-@4    •G(”  :,:?-•n A   F:‘,s F:Œ,110 POKE 711,PEEK(C20)

My ATR:

105 F1=F1+0.5:IF F1/C8=INT(F1/C8) THEN FUEL=FUEL-C8:FUEL=FUEL*(FUEL>-C1):POSITION 34,C0:? FUEL;" ":F1=C0
110 POKE 711,PEEK(C20)

FD2.atr 90.02 kB · 1 download

I downloaded the file I posted and I do not see the problem. Maybe your copy of the download is corrupt.

I did some testing though: lunar.bas does lock up the computer, but it seems only after the AUTORUN.SYS executes on the ANALOG Disk.  It even runs under SDX, DOS 1,DOS II and DOS 2.5. No further testing done.

image.thumb.png.5e91d197efb544fd9687d7a69ad26b1b.png

image.thumb.png.b9d40b55f32849ab5f90677de795010e.png

image.thumb.png.628d73a7e775f24108954a74e5871690.png

image.thumb.png.7ad3c0cb24155dcd00945c4bf679c35a.png

• Like 1

Thanks for looking into it.

I was able to reproduce your testing. Loading lunar.bas from the ANALOG menu crashes, while loading it from the READY prompt, lunar.bas runs fine.

Menu lunar.bas

lunarcrash.thumb.png.7fabe944c0c9076479e37e593638ce5e.png

READY prompt lunar.bas

lunarnonmenuload.thumb.png.2ad34d7848d1f60944de275df18569e6.png

After the lunar.bas crash, restarting Alttira (warm reset or cold reset) Altirra get's stuck in warp speed. Altirra must be closed and reopened.

I tired to type 01 to enter DOS and many zeros spread across the screen.

altirracrash.thumb.png.d1b37a8eb2107e4540fc8da85bccbcfd.png

Issue #32

1. ACCESS3.BAS creates an AUTORUN.SYS and I copied it to the Analog disk as ACCESS3.OBJ.  The assembly lising compiles into a working ACCESS3.OBJ. Copy ACCESS3.OBJ to a DOS disk and rename AUTORUN.SYS or load using the L command in Atari DOS.  It seems to also run under SDX. An ATR with DOS 2.5 is included.
  2. TRANSLTR.BAS creates an AUTORUN.SYS file on a DOS disk (be careful as it immediately starts writing to D1:).  The 3 assembly listings do compile, but are only there to show what BASIC is doing.  Copy to a DOS disk as AUTORUN.SYS. An ATR is included.
  3. COSMIC.BAS creates a file or a cassette of Cosmic Defender. The CAS and an ATR from that CAS are included.  The Assembly listing compiles into a working game.
  4. These files were missing on the source disks. AWPDMAKR.BAS creates an AUTORUN.SYS file on a dos disk for Atari Write Printer Drivers. AWPDCASS.LST is entered into AWPDMAKR.BAS to create a boot cassette. AWPDCHCK.BAS checks that AWPDMAKR.BAS is correct. AWPDRIVR.M65 compiles, but I will not include an OBJ, a CAS or an ATR as you will need to set it to your printer.

Side note: I got to use Unicheck from Issue #31 when I typed the BASIC programs of the AtariWriter Printer Driver.   I used the ATR I made for that issue.

Analog Computing #32 (1985-07)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].zip

image.thumb.png.36c4f1ee1fe90da75811e2f0423c073c.png

image.thumb.png.b851e3421d255faf6afb5aa0a2c1f1b6.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/24/2023 at 9:21 PM, luckybuck said:

Normally, I don't preupload, but to help at least a little bit SoulBuster, here is:

The complete Antic Deep BlueC: all credits to G. H. from Germany for this collection. Mostly, ANTIC version = APX version minus the info file from APX

Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-A
Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-B-Documentation
Deep Blue C-Secrets-APO115-A
Deep Blue C-Secrets-APO115-B-Documentation - not sure
Mathlib for C-AP0132-A - not sure
Mathlib for C-AP0132-B-Documentation - not sure

The last 3 ones need to be verified again. Hope, we can complete everything regarding C on the Atari. Have fun.

Deep Blue C-Compiler-A.png

Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-B Documentation.png

Deep Blue C-Secrets-APX-20179.png

Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument B.png

Mathlib for Deep Blue C-APX-20231.jpg

Antic-Deep Blue C Compiler.atr 90.02 kB · 13 downloads Deep Blue C-Compiler-A.atr 90.02 kB · 12 downloads Antic-Deep Blue C Compiler-AP114 -Manual.atr 90.02 kB · 12 downloads Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-B Documentation.atr 90.02 kB · 12 downloads Antic-Deep Blue C Secrets-A.atr 90.02 kB · 12 downloads Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument A-CRC checked by Andreas.atr 130.02 kB · 14 downloads Deep Blue C-Secrets-APX-20179.atr 130.02 kB · 13 downloads Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument B-DOCs fehlen.atr 90.02 kB · 12 downloads Deep Blue C-Secrets Dokument B.atx 94.14 kB · 12 downloads Mathlib for Deep Blue C-APX-20231.atr 90.02 kB · 12 downloads Mathlib for C-B Documentation AP0132.atr 90.02 kB · 12 downloads Mathlib for C-B Documentation AP0132.atx 97.86 kB · 14 download

I am sure you guys at the preservation site are looking into these? (Farb, DjayBee?) 

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 10:07 AM, SoulBuster said:

Analog Issue #5

In this issue, users could not complete several of the programs because of the print out in the magazine.  Issue #6 had the corrections.  I updated all programs on this disk to include the corrections. 

The Mailing list program would not even start right and I had to make changes to it that were NOT published, just to make it work at the start of the program.  It used a trap statement to test if the file "D:MAILDATA.FIL" existed using OPEN,#2,12,0,"D:MAILDATA.FIL".  12 is used in an open statement for input AND output. When the file was not found during this statement, it created the file and the test for existing passes.  This is an error because now the file it created is not formatted correctly for the rest of the program and you get an error later.  I changed the open statement to open with OPEN,#2,4,0,"D:MAILDATA.FIL", read.  And now the trap statement works as intended.

Part of the stopwatch program puts the resulting OBJ code on a cassette, it makes an autoboot cassette.  The corresponding .CAS file is included.

Analog Computing #05 (1982-01)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].zip 35.27 kB · 37 downloads

image.thumb.png.f4701d4e5535f4dd3fa7c8141df65894.png

The maillist program would not let you enter anything beyond the CITY: field.

maillist.thumb.png.0536ceaf066a700bd23886c31ad96ba1.png

After that was fixed there were some formatting and text overlapping issues. Attached is my updated version for anyone wanting to store their phone contacts in this higher technological form :P 

maillist.atr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I 've been quiet the last couple of days.  I've been dumping newly acquired software.

For the preservationists: Any new posts or posts that I update, the zip-download will include all assets. Pics, dumps, pdfs and anything else that belongs with a dump.

In addition, I have changed hardware that I am using

1. Disk Drive: TEAC FD-55GFR. All new (or updated) DISK dumps are on this drive. Any DISK dumps before this post were on a Panasonic JU-475.  The Panasonic failed on the disk Slime.  I tried Slime again on the new drive and still, all 720 sectors are "unformatted".  So I guess the drive just failed and not failed because of the Slime disk.
  2. Cartridge: MaxFlash from AtariMax
  3. Cassette: Generic Cassette to MP3 Player and record with Audacity
  4. Scanner: Canon MF488DW

So let the new titles begin!!!

• Like 1