IGNORED

8-Bit Software: A Preservation Effort

SoulBuster

9 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Might try downloading the latest Altirra test version, and using Atari ROMS not the built in stuff.

I was using downloaded ROMs. I'm using Altirra 4.10 (which i think is the latest). I switched ROMs from my downloaded Atari 400/800 OS-B ROM to to the built-in AltirraOS 3.34 for 400/800 and now the program loads. Thanks.

421599847_2023-01-3012_57_32-ConfigureSystem.png.99090909237834189b697e6370ec2345.png altirraversion.png.36e251c9d60374411cac42a60e9f439a.png

On 1/29/2023 at 8:05 AM, SoulBuster said:

For the preservationists: Any new posts or posts that I update, the zip-download will include all assets. Pics, dumps, pdfs and anything else that belongs with a dump.

In addition, I have changed hardware that I am using

1. Disk Drive: TEAC FD-55GFR. All new (or updated) DISK dumps are on this drive. Any DISK dumps before this post were on a Panasonic JU-475.  The Panasonic failed on the disk Slime.  I tried Slime again on the new drive and still, all 720 sectors are "unformatted".  So I guess the drive just failed and not failed because of the Slime disk.
  2. Cartridge: MaxFlash from AtariMax
  3. Cassette: Generic Cassette to MP3 Player and record with Audacity
  4. Scanner: Canon MF488DW

So let the new titles begin!!!

Excellent !!!  All this in one .zip will help preserve your work.  Thanks for doing this.  Don't forget about any/all of your text comments that are often within each post.  Grab those too and store in the .zip. 

I am a big ANALOG Computing Magazine fan so when SoulBuster took the time to create/preserve all of the type-in content from issues #01-#32 (which did not originally have diskettes available) I decided to do my part by gathering all of the metadata that SoulBuster created and add the content as a .PDF file inserted into his original .ZIP files (one per issue).

I used LibreOffice   Ver 7.4.4.2 (x64) to create the .PDF files.  The original .ODT files are in a sub-directory called: Original .ODT files

SoulBuster included many screen shot images and much valuable commentary within each thread post.  I have tried to capture all of it in for each issue.  I may have made a dozen or so obvious typo fixes but otherwise tried to leave all content just as it was found in the thread.

All content pulled from SoulBuster's content posted in this thread.

This 16MB .zip file is also a good way to save you from downloading all 32 .ZIP files separately.  @SoulBuster maybe a link to this .zip belongs on the first post?  Thanks for your hard work on all this!!

Analog Computing 01-32 - SoulBuster with added metadata.zip

Edited by 800_Rocks
fix typos
  • Like 3

This Ricochet is a strange  one, I could only get it to load on a machine with the CIO patched for speed and under an 800 OSB patched ver. Cload and then run..

If ran at normal cassette speed then it would the nearest I could get it to work was on XL mode Basic B but when it got to the bit where you enter numbers it forced a crash. Also on normal speed it brought up different error messages, sometimes error 21 meaning it thought it was normal code and not basic, or error 143 and 19 iirc.

Edited by Mclaneinc

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Public sharing for content of CZ torrent is closed. I didn't give a permission to post link for public access . I'm not sure if the autor of initial torrent satisfied that I make a copy of content and redistributing it. Anyone who ask me this content, write me a message and you get a link to download. 

SORRY, wrong alarm. My mistake..... This message is not for this link.....

Edited by MVladimir
Sorry, mistake when checking link

Excuse me, that's my account and my collection of roms, it's been up there for years.. The link remains valid!

The original link was done by Sergey, since then I've added to it, there has been no content from that link you gave me used, in fact I deleted most of it as it was old stuff that had been preserved already.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Excuse me, that's my account and my collection of roms, it's been up there for years.. The link remains valid!

The original link was done by Sergey, since then I've added to it, there has been no content from that link you gave me used, in fact I deleted most of it as it was old stuff that had been preserved already.

WOW!!!!! Sorry, but this link points me to my downloaded copy of CZ torrent file...... Sorry again. I must do double check before  posting my message.

UPD:

This is because my settings point to my remote folders  first..... I changed settings right now

Edited by MVladimir
upd

Soulbuster, the reason Ricochet works is because you have the cassette SIO patch selected in acceleration. I  can make it work that way even in Altirra 2.50...

Without it selected, I get a bunch of weird noises about 30-36 seconds into loading, depending on the version of Altirra,

I tried cropping your wav file (lead-in and data only) and then redid the cas file. Without the SIO patch, it will load four blocks before a error-143 at line 0 happens.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:42 AM, SoulBuster said:

Moonbase IO - Autoboot cassette with audio track.  I updated this with single pass recording that I only modified by clipping noise off the ends. I do not know what I was thinking on that previous set.  I still cannot make a CAS for it, but then again, there should not be one when second audio is used.

Moonbase IO.zip 111.99 MB · 7 downloads

Moonbase IO Manual.PDF 1.3 MB · 48 downloads

1462049187_MoonbaseIOFront.thumb.JPG.307b8c98ea989ad677067eadd38c66c6.JPG

1232856575_MoonbaseIOBack.thumb.JPG.5cc50b14e74c234831e271263d327df8.JPG

277518980_MoonbaseIOCassetteSideA.thumb.jpg.bb735aa230ee30fe0aa90eb85e0ffb3e.jpg

1245173974_MoonbaseIOCassetteSideB.thumb.jpg.f4e3b852033c0f73cb6c0c26c220062f.jpg

779188415_MoonbaseIOScreenShot1.thumb.jpg.066dc8b4f6e0938d3d1155a9b9fdc02b.jpg

201947827_MoonbaseIOScreenShot2.thumb.jpg.f0b4946e88d5d9249455ac451c523416.jpg

828408888_MoonbaseIOScreenShot3.thumb.jpg.e185e495d333f67f289506c5ffdd6e37.jpg

1296216029_MoonbaseIOScreenShot4.thumb.jpg.279c2c298d870e3b74b8066392ac14e3.jpg

879352609_MoonbaseIOScreenShot5.thumb.jpg.f95e3a17a9e9429d8ca3cd1e678a3f60.jpg

This is an engaging game as you play along with the cassette narration of the unfolding story. Very unique.

• Like 1

@SoulBuster: Again, thank you sooo much! 🙂

Your contribution to the Atari cummunity is highly appreciated. 🙂

Just a suggestion: we have already much published:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Articles#section-Articles-VoiceAndDataCassettes

In case to prevent double work... ;-)

Further, for type in:

http://ataribasiclistings.mygamesonline.org/

with a Type-In task force...

Ricochet [orig] -bas.atr Ricochet -bas.atr Ricochet (1981)(Epyx)(US)[BASIC].atr Ricochet (v1,b).atr Ricochet (v2,b).atr

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:12 AM, SoulBuster said:
On 1/30/2023 at 12:54 AM, ijor said:

But just for the record, note that shrink-wrapped doesn't necessarily mean never used or even unmodified.

Still, it certainly does suggest that it was probably never used.

I am aware that that happens, but this title has a better chance than one that is not sealed.

Absolutely