SoulBuster

Thanks to the Preservation-Project, now final and verified:

Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-A
Deep Blue C-Compiler-AP114-B-Documentation
Deep Blue C-Secrets-APO115-A
Deep Blue C-Secrets-APO115-B-Documentation
Mathlib for C-AP0132-A
Mathlib for C-AP0132-B-Documentation

Deep Blue C Compiler v1.2 (1984)(Antic Software)(US)[disk].zip Deep Blue Secrets (1984)(Antic Software)(US)[disk].zip Mathlib For Deep Blue C (1984)(Antic Software)(US)[disk].zip

• Like 5

@SoulBuster : thank you soooooo much!!! Meanwhile, your archive is 2080 files big, which are in sum 14.4 GB in size! Incredible.

Therefore, I have decided, to name this archive after you, the SoulBuster archive, and will add it to the 4 tb hard drive with the other archives.

Especially thank you for the CBS software above, which makes the series complete. :-)))

All the best, may god bless you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

The next 4 images show that it was never opened before I did

First things first: Thanks a lot for your amazing contribution!

But just for the record, note that shrink-wrapped doesn't necessarily mean never used or even unmodified. There isn't really such a thing as factory shrink-wrapped because, at least at that period, software very rarely came shrink-wrapped from factory in the first place. Software packages were usually shrink-wrapped, if at all, at the store. And in some cases this even was done after testing it ...

Still, it certainly does suggest that it was probably never used.

Edited by ijor

@ijor: if you open the CBS files, you see, that is was never opened. The name of the user is stored on the disk, with a disk in write protection, this is not possible...

Seems the name of the author was Stuart... ;-)

Great job from SoulBuster!

We have the same with the AUSTRO software. Only works, when write protection is removed. Therefore, today, we won't find a version untouched...

I was able to make CAS files for titles that have a second audio.  But, I believe it is pointless to have a CAS without the second audio channel. I am going to stop including CAS on titles with second audio channels.

Are WAVs distributed in the preservation archive? 

10 hours ago, ijor said:

First things first: Thanks a lot for your amazing contribution!

But just for the record, note that shrink-wrapped doesn't necessarily mean never used or even unmodified. There isn't really such a thing as factory shrink-wrapped because, at least at that period, software very rarely came shrink-wrapped from factory in the first place. Software packages were usually shrink-wrapped, if at all, at the store. And in some cases this even was done after testing it ...

Still, it certainly does suggest that it was probably never used.

I am aware that that happens, but this title has a better chance than one that is not sealed.

I started recording cassettes for preservation in 2021.  Since then, I have learned a lot more about true preservation. In addition, I have also learned a bit more about post production.

I went back through some of the cassettes that I had failures on in 2021.  I have resurrected three of them using what I learned.  All three titles are recorded in single pass recordings.

If you got them before, replace them with these:

Analogies

Ricochet

Sunday Golf

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

I downloaded the zip from the post and this is my screen. You can see my Altirra settings at the top. Both Wav and CAS working here. Then a pic after loading all the way into the game. Try downloading again.

image.thumb.png.5ad3c5d96438c130d8ef77a6f4123759.png

image.thumb.png.636165576da4cd95eb751ba88c2ce8f6.png

I redownloaded the zip. I tried all the various profiles in Altirra, including the XEGS and I still get ERROR- 143. I attached my downloaded file to see if it works for you. Strange thing is that all your other recent CAS software do work like Sunday Golf and Intro to Programming 3.

Ricochet.cas