IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

On 4/20/2023 at 7:02 PM, adam242 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325616408155

I just sold this copy of PowerStar in the AA marketplace for what I thought was a very fair, if somewhat optimistic, $300.

The shithead is attempting to flip it for $10K.

And every single one of his nine posts on AA are, in one form or another, related to selling something.

While I completely understand that nobody is compelled to go down any particular path of participation after signing up here, that doesn't prevent me (or anyone else, for that matter) from thoroughly disliking them treating the community as though it were an open wallet.  Fuck flippers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2023 at 8:48 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

Exactly why I only deal directly with people I can get a feel for what they are about. It's sad but true... this is the way some people act and are, I only get stuff to people who will use it, not put it in vault, or buy shit up and hold/destroy to create rarity and then try to make ridiculous money off of generosity. 

I don't remember all the details but I do recall the person I bought my 800 from wanted to make sure I would take care of it before selling it to me. 

• Like 3

This is why I have been trying to archive as much as possible. 

So if you have any un-archived disks, cassettes, boxes, manuals, etc., please either archive them or let someone else archive them.

If you don't know what has been archived, just ask here on Atariage.

• Like 4

For about two seconds, it actually looked like a 1450XLD.  Then you realize its just a 1200XL with two 1050s stacked on top.  Asking $1,500, but hey it's got free shipping!  I'll give them credit for creativity, but as the old adage says, "Just cause you put your boots in the oven, it don't make'em biscuits"  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394584656168?hash=item5bdf140928:g:WQ8AAOSwkGNkRTNs&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4PgBNyN%2BKA93hFo84H5hOpwsBfaa1digNJ2ZrRl29%2FvM1uC0SZPGzeSkFUiOjrgak3DSNuOAjKWNeBuoMjSY4y1S76HXblWwzAtwTWlbNTj3pUv8E3CyW5YtSRe5nqef3LCTMEzb9pFsqmJbfl9pY9F6DN04gOTAViHgsDHYVPwHBuovXlWFF%2Flby77nmEFXJtEaTqV4wPxTyLBGsDX2raF%2FnCurDDsPBmzfCJC01GYOm3rvDXoXy9FXhdcJCsieZbB%2B1fi7aZirEmICe8OEs%2FdzUMy723y%2BtbHMSsQsql8E|tkp%3ABk9SR8S91OX1YQ

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

😁😁😁  That's really pushing it ha!! 

OK I am gonna stack 4 x 800xl A8's on top of each other and call it a quad core 6502 processor computer!!! ;)

Ha, maybe we can figure out how to create a cluster with Fujinet?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, ACML said:

For about two seconds, it actually looked like a 1450XLD.  Then you realize its just a 1200XL with two 1050s stacked on top.  Asking $1,500, but hey it's got free shipping!  I'll give them credit for creativity, but as the old adage says, "Just cause you put your boots in the oven, it don't make'em biscuits"

That auction gave me whiplash from rolling my eyes too hard.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ACML said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394584656168?hash=item5bdf140928:g:WQ8AAOSwkGNkRTNs&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4PgBNyN%2BKA93hFo84H5hOpwsBfaa1digNJ2ZrRl29%2FvM1uC0SZPGzeSkFUiOjrgak3DSNuOAjKWNeBuoMjSY4y1S76HXblWwzAtwTWlbNTj3pUv8E3CyW5YtSRe5nqef3LCTMEzb9pFsqmJbfl9pY9F6DN04gOTAViHgsDHYVPwHBuovXlWFF%2Flby77nmEFXJtEaTqV4wPxTyLBGsDX2raF%2FnCurDDsPBmzfCJC01GYOm3rvDXoXy9FXhdcJCsieZbB%2B1fi7aZirEmICe8OEs%2FdzUMy723y%2BtbHMSsQsql8E|tkp%3ABk9SR8S91OX1YQ

He re-posted it and now he wants more on a buy it now!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394584796095

Edit to add:  He doesn't even offer free shipping for that price.  It's the least he could do!   🙂

Edited by reifsnyderb

7 hours ago, reifsnyderb said:

He re-posted it and now he wants more on a buy it now!

Edit to add:  He doesn't even offer free shipping for that price.  It's the least he could do!   🙂

Well, if he's only getting $3,999 for it, I can't blame him for charging 3 times the reasonable shipping.  Guys got to eat right?

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, leech said:

How much do 1200s typically go for these days?

I've seen them go for about $150 in bad shape up to over $500 in perfect condition.  I think what happened here was that the buy it now price scared people away and somebody put in a bid.  With a short bidding period, there was one winning bid and one retracted bid.  So, the sale didn't work out like the seller expected.  With the total cost of $480, the buyer might have gotten a fair deal....given current prices.

It appears as though there was only one bid on the auction with the $300 final value.  To me, that sounds like setting the BIN with the intention that a specific buyer can hit the 'Buy it Now' button on an item at an agreed price.  Both parties get to do the transaction inside of eBay, but without having to go through the auction process, basically.

Either way, something about that seller seems off to me.  Can't quite put my finger on it, but their other current auction is for a TRS-80 Model 1 PSU.  $1 opening bid, $129.00 BIN price, $50 shipping.  I'd dig deeper into their historical items, but...  Ehhh ;)

45 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He says he does coke with the owner's manual, so maybe it comes with a surprise!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets close to that. 1200XLs are going for crazy money these days, and that one is super clean. And you rarely find one with that nice of a box.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eric Badger said:

I just bought a 1200xl with 2 1050s for 300 + 150 shipping. Kinda pricey, but 1200xl was my first computer

Ah, so you got the one claiming to be 1450-adjacent ;)

Honestly, these days $450 for a 1200XL and two 1050 drives isn't totally out of line.  If anything, you likely did OK given the amount of stuff included other than just the drives and computer.

• Like 2