IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

1 hour ago, Fred_M said:

Sadly, other platforms can be fishy too. In Europe "Vinted" is getting more popular. Today I found this cartridge of "Ghost Chaser" which is sold as very rare and unobtainable. The seller even removed the word "repro" from the label (which was made by Steve).

After asking why he does not mention that this is a "homebrew" copy in the description, the seller blocked me 😁

ghostchaser.thumb.jpg.6ae18f5d761d1951e3d7d6a194e26e53.jpg

https://www.vinted.nl/entertainment/video-games-and-consoles/retro-gaming/atari/3189341107-ghost-chaser-atari-xe-raro-introvabile

My daughter uses Vinted a lot but I never have. I just thought it was for selling old clothes.

13 minutes ago, Tickled_Pink said:

My daughter uses Vinted a lot but I never have. I just thought it was for selling old clothes.

I thought so too, but there are a lot of video games. I have been selling my spare stuff on Vinted too. Most seller/buyers are fine, but i guess there are weird offerings everywhere 😉

42 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

I thought vinted was just vintage clothing! Might check it out.

It does say when you go to the site "Clothes and Accessories" but I did a search for Atari

and yes there's loads of T-Shirts, but cartridges, cassettes and some 2600's, not gone through all the pages

but it does look like it's worth checking from time to time.

There's a boxed Jaguar there too for £650 + 10 games, sounds about right I think

Edited by TGB1718

5 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

It does say when you go to the site "Clothes and Accessories" but I did a search for Atari

and yes there's loads of T-Shirts, but cartridges, cassettes and some 2600's, not gone through all the pages

but it does look like it's worth checking from time to time.

There's a boxed Jaguar there too for £650 + 10 games, sounds about right I think

Pease note that Vinted UK is not conected to Vinted "France/Belgium/Netherlands/Portugal/Italy/Spain". Also Germany is not connected to the other European countries...

• Thanks 1

The asking price for this modern psu equivalent is almost on a par with that of the cost of the A8's it powers!! Scary thing is looking at how many have sold people appear to be buying it!!!!  Near £150 they are asking! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352530105417?

I know (from personal experience) trying to source a modern 9av ac 3amp psu for the likes of the 1050/810 is tricky, but this is a damn expensive. 

BTW I have a recommended source in the UK for a modern 9v ac 2a 18va psu which I've bought and which works well for the atari 400, 800 and 1200xl and I'd imagine for the 850 interface. This psu however is no good for the atari disk drives as not man enough, (it needs at least 2.5a or ideally 3a). 

Edited by Beeblebrox

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

The description is total rubbish though, it does say 9VAC only at the end, but the description

says replacement AC DC adaptor, although I think he's sort of referring to just the cord and plug,

I think if you look closely at the picture, it does say AC AC

but no idea of the power output, looks like he's buying in those 2.1A models and trying his luck.

Says he's sold 29 of these, is there a way to fake how many you've sold as I can't believe anyone would pay

that much for one of those.

-----Adapter charger for 9VAC AC Atari CO17945 400, 800, 810, 850, 1010, 1050, 1200XL

T-Power for 9VAC AC Atari CO17945 (400, 800, 810, 850, 1010, 1050, 1200XL AC version ONLY) Replacement Ac Dc adapter Switching Power Supply Cord Charger Plug-in Class 2 Transformer home wall PSU I.T.E , spare Rapid Charger switching V85 N193 R33030 p/n: , replacement ac dc adpator power supply cord plug Plug-in Class 2 Transformer home wall PSU I.T.E , spare Rapid Charger switching V85 N193 R33030 p/n: , replacement ac dc adpator power supply cord plug , MODEL NUMBER PARTS
  •  
  • T-Power ac adapters are made with the highest quality materials tested by manufacturer to match and /or exceed specifications of OEM products .
  •  
  • Input Voltage Range: AC 220V - 240V
  •  
  • 60 days limited warranty
  •  
  • 9VAC AC ONLY- Atari CO17945 400, 800, 810, 850, 1010, 1050, 1200XL

EDIT: I'm pretty sure if you look closely it's a 2.1A output, so pretty easy to buy one of those for about 1/7th of his price.

Wouldn't want to use it on a 1050 for long.

Edited by TGB1718
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:03 AM, bent_pin said:

Of course he turned you down, that's a very reasonable offer, but remember the free overnight shipping. In box like they are, I'd spend maybe $75 each, but only if I had stupid money to burn.

This guy must think that he opened the arc to find these.

Well, I couldn't control myself:

My: "Is there an eBay reason you are selling these systems 24K+ over what they are worth? I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't understand why they are listed this high."

Seller: "These are unused consoles. Brand New systems from the year 1986!  You will not find any others that are unused. The price listed is a giveaway.  Of course you can find some used consoles for $50, but these are brand new, unused systems highly desired by true collectors"

I then auto-received a 40% discount because I "viewed" the item:  $15,000 for both.

Boxed 2800s are a mere $300-$1000, but these brand new 2600JRs in ripped boxes are being asked $12,500 each.

I don't know how to respond to this without sounding derogatory.  I thought of just asking "Where have you ever seen NIB 2600JRs go for over $500?"  But, hey, maybe I should ask if he would like to buy some units from me for less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

I don't know how to respond to this without sounding derogatory.

There isn't one and it wouldn't help anyway. Check back in 37 years. They will be twice as old, and he will still have them listed for the same price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This comment on an XL listing for an untested A8 from someone clearly just selling an attic find on made me chuckle. Naive comments but really so you can't blame them too much I guess. 

"All turns on and runs with no odd smells have left on for an hour to ensure. Do not have a compatible tv in order to fully test." 

Making the statement that it turns on and runs when they haven't got it hooked up display is an interesting one!! Leaving it on for ages and not smelling any odd smells.... if only it were that straightforward heh heh ;)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Even with this unusual cursor key mod in the upper casing this 800XL is in awful condition. Despite this the seller is still asking a lot for it. No guarantee it works too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354950615820?hash=item52a4b4930c:g:hM4AAOSwiFZkx7st

s-l1600 (5).jpg

image.thumb.png.de26de6e7ccb20754d739bc9fbb5d7b0.png

I'll give him $40 with free shipping.   :-D

Edited by reifsnyderb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, reifsnyderb said:

ICD MIO Adapter.  "Only" $125 for a board with 2 connectors.  Shipping is extra....of course.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374762212997

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

But it does still have both rubber feet glued in place.

It's obvious both of you have no idea what you're talking about!

With this ultra rare adapter, I can use BOTH my SpartaDos X cart >AND< my R-Time 8 cart AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Pay no attention to the stacked carts behind the mirror!

Oh, are you one of those "crackpots" who think that those "vent holes" at the top of the ICD carts are for stacking another cart?  That's the dumbest thing ever.  If that was true, why would they have those little tabs that say "don't come down here or I'll poke you!"?  I just wish I could find an adapter with THREE connectors so I could add a Basic XE cart for my BBS. :(