IGNORED

Gauging interest: Jaguar HDMI adapter

Doomy Doomer

41 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Nice attitude .. 

Ha, that's rich coming from you. 😜 I honestly didn't mean anything by it other than I have nothing else I can offer this conversation. If @42bs is unhappy, he should talk to SAG about returning it. And honestly, I see your comment as trying to start something here.

Also, I had an emoji after that first line you quoted. Emoji's should indicate to you that I'm being sarcastic or funny....

Edited by Doomy Doomer

Just to finish this: NTSC has an pixel ratio of 1.21 whereas PAL has 1.06. So visually NTSC is stretched. Sure if you are used to the streched view, seeing the same on PAL makes one think the PAL screen is squeezed.

No matter: Jag2HD does not provide a correct PAL picture on HDMI, it stretches pixels and therefore crops the picture.

2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

So the JagBT doesn't work with "all games except one" as you advertised, and now this hasn't been tested with PAL.  

Using quotes means you're literally quoting something. Can you show me where on the product page I said that about the Jag BT? You can't, because I didn't and I said the same thing to you Twitter a few weeks ago... 

10 minutes ago, Doomy Doomer said:

Using quotes means you're literally quoting something. Can you show me where on the product page I said that about the Jag BT? You can't, because I didn't and I said the same thing to you Twitter a few weeks ago... 

It's amazing how the owner of a website is able to change the text on a page. 

Anyway you made it perfectly clear you didn't accept any responsibility for your product by diverting to someone else's github page.  Which is good and all, except I didn't buy it from them, did I?

Also you said you couldn't test homebrew games. I don't suppose it ever occurred to you to get someone else to test who could? 

Just like it apparently didn't occur to you to get someone to test this with PAL, and once again a diversion/deflection but this time to SAG.

I'm any case, I'm resigned to have the JagBT sit on the shelf as a useless curiosity. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

It's amazing how the owner of a website is able to change the text on a page. 

You can use the way back machine to check. 

You never brought this up to me personally except for months later on a random non-related Tweet where I tried to be helpful but you only wanted to make a scene, much like you're doing here. I sent you to the GitHub because that is where you need to open a ticket so the creator of the project/firmware can bug fix. Which he also directly replied to you stating why the issue existed. If you had emailed me about all of this back when you noticed the issues with some Homebrew games, I would have offered you a return. 

I couldn't test *all* homebrew. I honestly didn't know the homebrew scene was big on the Jag. 

Edited by Doomy Doomer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Doomy Doomer said:

You never brought this up to me personally except for months later on a random non-related Tweet

I brought it up prior to that in the JagBT thread directly:

Also, from the twitter thread:

image.thumb.png.218e03b792d48e3d978d64dd459646ad.png

Yes, I know that isn't you.  Its from the guy who's page your shop linked to, so you were well aware it didn't work with a handful of titles. Why should he take responsibility for a product you sold? I get the same crap from people who bought dodgy pirate carts of my games coming to me for help.

BTW, you changed the text on your site after the AA post to reflect that not everything worked... so you did read it.

Anyway, this isn't going to get fixed by anyone it seems and I'm resigned to it just being a useless curio on the shelf.  So no point continuing this discussion.  It's not going to change the fact these things don't work properly. Plus this thread has been derailed enough as is, maybe you should get back to explaining why the HDMI adapter doesn't work in PAL correctly.

On 11/26/2022 at 6:23 PM, CyranoJ said:

I brought it up prior to that in the JagBT thread directly:

Also, from the twitter thread:

image.thumb.png.218e03b792d48e3d978d64dd459646ad.png

Yes, I know that isn't you.  Its from the guy who's page your shop linked to, so you were well aware it didn't work with a handful of titles. Why should he take responsibility for a product you sold? I get the same crap from people who bought dodgy pirate carts of my games coming to me for help.

BTW, you changed the text on your site after the AA post to reflect that not everything worked... so you did read it.

Anyway, this isn't going to get fixed by anyone it seems and I'm resigned to it just being a useless curio on the shelf.  So no point continuing this discussion.  It's not going to change the fact these things don't work properly. Plus this thread has been derailed enough as is, maybe you should get back to explaining why the HDMI adapter doesn't work in PAL correctly.

I find the amount of acting out you're doing here very strange. It really seems you just want to cause more drama or maybe just try and defame me for very personal reasons. 

I know you feel empowered here at AA but let's get this out of the way because it won't change no matter how many times you repeat it. I have never said the Jag BT works with all games but Atari Karts. Before the Jag BT went on sale I tested it with all retail cart games and several CD games. I specifically named those games that had issues in the documentation. You can't disprove this or prove what you're lying about so you're doubling down over and over. That's not how facts work, get over it and move on or be more constructive and contact me offline.

I also never said Jacques should take responsibility for your homebrew games not working but Jacques is the creator of BlueRetro, which I pay into to support the project and to get support. It was absolutely the correct move to include him on the discussion, since it wasn't a product issue. On top of that, I knew he'd have a direct explanation. If it was a product related issue I'd absolutely troubleshoot myself. Either way, if you brought this to me directly after you purchased the adapter I would have absolutely offered you a return. Which brings me to my next point, you never brought this to my attention directly and I had zero idea about your particular issues with some of these homebrew games until that tweet. I don't keep track of random threads on AA. In fact, I didn't even know you existed until you said something on an unrelated tweet MONTHS after you bought the Jag BT. Point is, you should have contacted me directly through my website if you were unhappy instead of acting the way you have been. It's that simple. 

I changed the text on the documentation to say that some homebrew games had issues AFTER your tweet to let people know what you were reporting to me. Again, it's very strange that you keep trying to twist my words here. 

The polling issue in some homebrew games won't get fixed because you're refusing to work together. Just as Jacques told you on Twitter, the physical limitations to the ESP32 won't change. However, what can change is future code. I looked you up, you're a developer so there is absolutely zero logical excuse for how you've been acting here. You should know all of this already. Instead of throwing these fits, you should be working together with us to make future games functional vs fighting limitations of the ESP32 at the heart of BlueRetro. Jacques has implemented the 6-axis (6D Controller) protocol and it would be really cool to see that in a new game.

To everyone else here on the tread, sorry but I'm done. It's pretty clear this thread is no longer constructive in anyway to the original title and is only serving as some one else's personal soap box. You can all reach me on Twitter or email through my website any time.

Edited by Doomy Doomer
  • Like 2

I'll tell you whats strange, the amount of answer dodging you are doing in this thread.

• You don't ship to Australia. It took "months" because thats how long it took to arrive indirectly. The AA post is from the same week I got the device.  I don't know how you'd expect someone to test something before they get it?
  • I know of several other people with the same issues with this device. They came to me regarding homebrew complaining the controls don't work... because your product doesn't work.
  • No point in offering a refund, the return postage cost is roughtly the same as what these paperweights sell for.
  • The "solution" presented via Twitter was ridiculous: "Rewrite all homebrew games to make them work" - yeah...
  • The Twitter exchange happened because, shock, you never responded here about the flaws in your product...  "I don't keep track of random threads on AA" - It was the thread on AA advertising your product that you were actively participating in and advertising other devices.
  • Me being a developer has nothing to do with your product not working. Its also not a 3rd party responsibility to fix your commercial products.
  • As has been stated in this very thread - the chip is fast enough.
  • "The polling issue in some homebrew games won't get fixed because you're refusing to work together." - Have I refused? Show me where? AFAIK, he hasn't even asked. Besides that, he doesn't need me to help him - he has plenty of examples that don't work to test against.

Yep, we're done here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doomy Doomer said:

everyone else here on the tread, sorry but I'm done.

Still I wait for an answer if the Jag2HD can be fixed.

BTW, I paid nearly 70USD for postage and taxes, so returning it will bring me into minus, so I keep the Jag2HD for the few situations where it serves it's purpose.

Edited by 42bs

Mine works quite well. I haven't paid really close attention to if there is a scanline or two missing  or anything like that. I've tested it with a number of games though and had no problems. For me it looks a LOT better than a composite cable and that alone was worth my cost.

50 minutes ago, alucardX said:

Mine works quite well. I haven't paid really close attention to if there is a scanline or two missing  or anything like that. I've tested it with a number of games though and had no problems. For me it looks a LOT better than a composite cable and that alone was worth my cost.

NTSC or PAL? Actually there is no visual difference between SCART and Jag2HD which is obviously because Jag2HD uses the the RGB signals.

Only the upscalers in my TV does not distort the PAL picture which Jag2HD does.

• 1 month later...

Got a mail from Stone Age Gamer, that the device is back in stock. Ich have a 60Hz Jaguar and really was waiting for something like this because my setup to play Jag right now is a mess with cables everywhere.

Jaguar ->Scart Cable->Scart to HDMI Adaptor (needs current too)->HDMI Cable ->TV

Looking forward to try this device.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PeterG said:

Got a mail from Stone Age Gamer, that the device is back in stock. Ich have a 60Hz Jaguar and really was waiting for something like this because my setup to play Jag right now is a mess with cables everywhere.

Jaguar ->Scart Cable->Scart to HDMI Adaptor (needs current too)->HDMI Cable ->TV

Man that's a lot of cables to hook up! I've just got this adapter connected to a 40 inch LCD and its pretty good looking! NTSC 60hz Jaguar

Edited by UHATEIT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PeterG said:

I don't have any fancy adapters for retro consoles and can't compare it to anything else but I really like my Jag2HD adapter a lot. I was using Atari branded composite cables before so this is a big step up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PeterG said:

But be aware of customs tax. I paid in total 150€ Also, it does not work correctly with 50Hz.

Edited by 42bs