IGNORED

Eye Candy

dhe

7 hours ago, dhe said:

German Speech Card

german_speech_card.jpg

This card is one of the speech cards the Berlin User's Group made in the early 1990s. Winfried Winkler designed it. Between 20 and 25 of them were made. Later, Michael Becker took the basic ideas of this card and expanded them to design his SPVMC card.

I was one of the original buyers of the card.

There was also a somewhat simpler design that showed up in an issue of TI-Revue, and which may have been the genesis of Winfried's idea, as he wanted to add vocabulary to the speech synthesizer. I provided him a copy of TIs Text-to-Speech disk (unknown in Europe at that time for some reason) early on in his development. Those routines are in the board's DSR.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, Ksarul said:

This card is one of the speech cards the Berlin User's Group made in the early 1990s. Winfried Winkler designed it. Between 20 and 25 of them were made. Later, Michael Becker took the basic ideas of this card and expanded them to design his SPVMC card.

I was one of the original buyers of the card.

There was also a somewhat simpler design that showed up in an issue of TI-Revue, and which may have been the genesis of Winfried's idea, as he wanted to add vocabulary to the speech synthesizer. I provided him a copy of TIs Text-to-Speech disk (unknown in Europe at that time for some reason) early on in his development. Those routines are in the board's DSR.

Nice card!  Did the 8K RAM emulated a speech PHROM?  Or maybe it was just a DSR with the text-to-speech program?

I worked this weekend on recovering the TTS source from 8" floppy--doesn't look promising. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2024 at 2:56 PM, dhe said:

ForTI Yo!

solderside.jpg

Looks like yours has the resistor network modification from the Willforth protoboard manual too--it mods the output so that all four channels can also be used in straight stereo mode using just the two center RCA connectors.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, dhe said:

Digit Systems.

front.jpg

back.jpg

connector.jpg

I have one too, It has RCA connectors instead of a Scart connector and Audio connector "or is that video in this case". Have been wanting a manual or documentation for a long time on this?

Edited by RickyDean
  • Like 1

The german speechcard adds a real speech DSR to the TI so i used this device to add speech to the infocom Adventures using batch it…

it was really funny to hear the infocom Interpreter Speaking the whole text in dark Voice or give you hints…

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I have published a lot of stuff and pictures about Miner 2049er also disassembled if you are curious to see :)

Is your version the one for the Atari or the TI99 one?
I discovered and surprised that for the TI99 cartridge often has been used the Atari version graphic on the back of the box and you can see it looking at the back of the box itself.

image.thumb.png.adfaeb7f1f47e9fcc90c26d2ecc36c4e.png

Both are for the TI-99/4A but the one on the left show the Atari graphics and also the Atary joystick.
The one on the right it the one i prefer :) Anyone knows something more about this fact?

Edited by ti99iuc

13 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

I have published a lot of stuff and pictures about Miner 2049er also disassembled if you are curious to see :)

I discovered and surprised that for the TI99 cartridge often has been used the Atari version graphic on the back of the box and you can see it looking at the back of the box itself.

Both are for the TI-99/4A but the one on the left show the Atari graphics and also the Atary joystick.
The one on the right it the one i prefer :) Anyone knows something more about this fact?

It's for the TI-99/4a (although I also have an Atari 2600 version)

I hadn't noticed, but the TI-99/4a version does have the Atari graphics & joystick on the rear...

25 minutes ago, Atari2600PAL said:

I hadn't noticed, but the TI-99/4a version does have the Atari graphics & joystick on the rear...

yes, indeed. This is what I noticed. Both for the TI99/4A computer but one has Atari Graphics and Joystick.
I am curious to understand the history for this differece.

9 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

Just thinking out loud, as I was never good enough at this game to get past the second screen, but does it have all eight of the levels pictured on the right box or does it only have the three screens on the left box?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 1:54 AM, dhe said:

Poor skills on my part, I found it in a box, while hunting other things.

The boxes just says - German Speech Card, nothing on the silk screen.  

I was hoping @Ksarul or one of the folks in Deutschland might know more.

My father had one, I sold it last time, but during the startup it started the TI-99/4A with Speech. #Texas Instruments# #Ready to start#  

Later that concept was added to the XB2.7 suite to start as well with #Texas Instruments# #Home Computer# (software package is in one of the XB27 threads)

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 6:11 AM, Ksarul said:

Just thinking out loud, as I was never good enough at this game to get past the second screen, but does it have all eight of the levels pictured on the right box or does it only have the three screens on the left box?

I cannot remember if I played through all levels (we had it in the high score competition 12,780 won by @cschneider) 

but if you start Miner 2049er and wait it will show all 8 screens in the order of column 1 and then column 2  (eg. use js99er.net, then it is easy to make screenshots)

It looks like the cardbox pictures are from another system (different colors for the platform, sliders and some mini-mans), 1st level has an item right top corner, 
also I noticed that the canon looks a bit different.

js99er-20240818071110.png.98b861ae48617ebe4a05c70ca56e8bd5.png

js99er-20240818071120.png.3e61761d57416c3c8f5a93ada1286d2b.png js99er-20240818071128.png.5d89964e1f1e3f72596a2e93758ec6a8.png js99er-20240818071136.png.bd5fe44e732c38c6238133f183d7a0fd.png js99er-20240818071148.png.81f73e8ff5df068c51ff3845ad936a06.png

js99er-20240818071154.png.e1f307cc580065826ef98a829696217b.png js99er-20240818071001.png.831cac0087216c152a21c147a6bf0275.png js99er-20240818071010.png.3f13c4d74d92411a8acbb25a60427839.png js99er-20240818071018.png.237eacb0f10d5f8ee2dc12ab8abc2966.png 

I played until level 3 (and 12,660), I cannot figure out yet, the 2x blocks in the middle

but this level requires a lot of accuracy to jump (I played with the keyboard in js99er.net)

image.png.e9aad43ee50201a42acb46eda764e3c8.png

Edited by globeron
  • Like 1

@globeron  Neat.  You have one of the Speech Synthesizers with the module connector.

I am two one carts short of completing my red arcade/games library: Hustle and Video ChessCongo Bongo has a label in very bad shape, and Othello's corner is peeled up.  (I also have the purple versions of Alpiner, Parsec, and Othello.)

20240817_Red_Game_carts.thumb.JPG.c14a211f11376fdf0725604c0d6c4aee.JPG

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, dhe said:

After years of searching, I found a copy of the PAL handbook by MMI - The 1978 Edition.

It wasn't designed as just a data book, but as a teaching tool also.

pal_f.jpg

Awesome to see a paperback. I just downloaded the 1st thru 3rd editions on pdf format. I had started learning a bit at the first of the year, but everything has kept me busy and I haven't been able to continue on learning. Hopefully soon!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dhe said:

@OLD CS1  - Props on your organizational method of using the black cartridges as visual place holders. You should work in IT! ;)

For some reason, I decided -- or rather, I accepted the decision -- to hunt down alternate labeling and cartridge color of ones I have.  It was triggered by seeing a collection of all red labels and I said, hey!  I have those games!  So, now I keep the colored labels (where available, not all carts are available in anything other than black label, and some not available in black labels at all,) in my primary library, and the black or alternate labels in an alternate collection.  I think this obsessive approach would do well in IT ;)

• Like 4