IGNORED

Atari VCS (retail deals/discount thread)

Mockduck

Currently when I search for Atari VCS or VCS All In on the Micro Center web site I only get results for separate Classic/Modern sticks. I can find the Micro Center url for the VCS All In but it currently lists as Sold Out. 

I'm assuming Best Buy doesn't price match Sold Out items....anyone know?

2 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Currently when I search for Atari VCS or VCS All In on the Micro Center web site I only get results for separate Classic/Modern sticks. I can find the Micro Center url for the VCS All In but it currently lists as Sold Out. 

I'm assuming Best Buy doesn't price match Sold Out items....anyone know?

Change your Micro Center store at the top. Comes right up for me. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There appears to be only one VCS left at Microcenter in Fairfax VA.  All other stores look like they are sold out.  If you want a deal on a VCS this might be your last opportunity to get one at the lower price.  You can do a price match with Best Buy online (via chat) and get it for that price as well.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2022 at 2:43 AM, justclaws said:

Sorry if this is duplicate, but I don't see it earlier.

For potential VCS owners in Australia, there seems a great deal here, for $AUS.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/search?query=atari vcs&page=1

image.thumb.png.08e4bfe0ca1ad808a6bef172c825b84d.png

It's a testament to how overpriced the VCS was in Australia that, even with a $250 discount, it still works out about the same as the US launch price! Ah well, I suppose that's at least marginally better than paying for one to be forward shipped.

The deal on the controllers looks pretty good though.

17 minutes ago, stirrell said:

Just saw on Twitter that the Atari VCS base system is $150 at GameStop and controllers are $29 each:

https://www.gamestop.com/electronics/audio/home-audio/subwoofers/products/atari-vcs-800-onyx-base-system/202640.html

:-o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It appears that Gamestop is now sold out of both base systems and new controllers. All are showing not available. All-In Onyx is available at full price of $399.

I think they may have cleared these SKUs. The All-In would have been on sale too if they were getting out of the VCS business altogether.

Screenshot_20220411-062315_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-223334_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-223302_Firefox.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone who scored; I have one coming to my house. I will now have one of each: Collector's Teak, All-In Walnut, and now the Onyx. The Collector's is now resting after a hard year of use, the Walnut is my daily driver and now I'll mine the Onyx for video content by taking it apart, and then it'll probably get eventual use hooked up to my TV so I can play there without having to unhook the one I'm using for my videos to the computer. :)

Just thought to add: In total I will have paid 700 for all three (300-Collector's, 250 All In, 150 Onyx).

Edited by Mockduck
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, T.A.P. said:

Gamestop is sold out. :(

Anyone know another place to get it on discount? Was hoping to get one for my brother.

That didn't take long. Curious how many they sold at this liquidation-style price...I'm not aware of any other console deals right now but Micro Center is offering the VCS Modern Controller at 50% off. Best Buy will price match if you don't have a Micro Center near you or if you would simply prefer it to be shipped to your home (Micro Center's sale is in-store pickup only).

6 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

That didn't take long. Curious how many they sold at this liquidation-style price...I'm not aware of any other console deals right now but Micro Center is offering the VCS Modern Controller at 50% off. Best Buy will price match if you don't have a Micro Center near you or if you would simply prefer it to be shipped to your home (Micro Center's sale is in-store pickup only).

Thanks for the heads-up!

I've been looking to get some spares for a while.

Now all I need to do is get a couple of the retro one.

• Like 1

I have an update on the Best Buy price matching process on the VCS Modern Controller (matching Micro Center's 50% off sale). My first attempt at price matching, via Best Buy's online chat, ended with the rep telling me the item was "not available for fulfillment" on the competitor's (Micro Center's) site. I asked what that meant, since I could see clear as day it was in stock at my local, and many other, Micro Center stores. He replied, "Yes, that is correct. The item is not available for fulfillment."  So I ended the chat and tried again. This second rep, also via chat, was much more helpful, as they confirmed that everything checked out with the price match but that they were having an issue with "their tools" so they would need me to purchase the item normally and then they would issue me a refund for the difference in the price. This was a bit odd to me, as I have used Best Buy's price match before, and they typically would send me a special link to complete payment with the adjusted price. However, the rep said not to worry, he would definitely refund me. I was a little skeptical but figured, ok, why not. I went through the process and within minutes, I got two emails: 1) confirmation email of the order, and 2) confirmation of the credit, which I am receiving "because of a price difference." But when I looked closer, the refund that I will be getting is for all but THREE CENTS of the total purchase price, sooooo I *think* I just got a VCS Modern Controller for a whopping THREE CENTS! I will circle back once I have the controller and/or I see in my account that I did, indeed, get a Modern Controller for THREE CENTS!

• Like 3