IGNORED

Atari VCS (retail deals/discount thread)

Mockduck

$399 is not worth the VCS package imho. I didn't make the purchase before.

However, $250 reeled me in and I feel is the perfect price for many people like me. I'm glad to make the purchase. 

There's some kinks that need to be worked out (server) but I feel that Atari is working things out. I've had some fun playing different game systems on 1 console. 

Edited by phuzaxeman
  • Like 2

Well, at least in NJ. After the big sale last week the website for the NJ store is listed as "sold out" and still is. However, I was there today and three consoles were on the shelf. I know that they have had inaccuracies in the past when a quantity was "1 or 0" but I have never seen this before. 

That said, it is now full price of course, but if anyone in NJ still wants to pick one up at the Microcenter here at the half tax rate (they sell at 3.5% tax at that store) there are three for the taking!

• Like 2

One of the people who follows deliveries posted that another few thousand VCS systems
were delivered this last week, to a port in the USA. (Port delivery details can be searched.)

I'd suppose that the stores got new stock, and have not updated their inventory online yet?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justclaws said:

Gamestop apparently have an offer at the moment, on the VCS bundle.
Maybe it's only limited locations, in-store? The Onyx stand-alone is still $299, ha ha.
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/products/atari-vcs-800-onyx-all-in-system-bundle/11094776.html

image.thumb.png.6d3d0db2308fc8d799ba31b23d371a9d.png

Yep, this sale has been going on for about a week, and there was some discussion about it in this thread last week. You can get it shipped to your home for free or can have it "shipped to store" for in-store pickup for free. Guessing US only. GameStop does not stock the VCS in-store otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Yep, this sale has been going on for about a week, and there was some discussion about it in this thread last week. You can get it shipped to your home for free or can have it "shipped to store" for in-store pickup for free. Guessing US only. GameStop does not stock the VCS in-store otherwise. 

Ah, sorry, I must have missed that. I knew about MicroCenter sale, but had overlooked GameStop.

We don't have GameStop over here in Europe, but I made an account on USA site to compare prices on various products.
(Mostly that is very depressing. Mostly things sold at retail in USA, full-price, are still cheaper than the same here, on-sale.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:10 PM, joeatari1 said:

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/products/atari-vcs-800-onyx-all-in-system-bundle/202627.html

Game Stop is now $279.00!

And they are now offering shipping.

This was the deal that I caved for. Got it a few days ago. Still need to hook it up. Forza Horizon 5 on the XSX is capturing most of my spare time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rob Merritt said:

This was the deal that I caved for. Got it a few days ago. Still need to hook it up. Forza Horizon 5 on the XSX is capturing most of my spare time.

Welcome to the VCS club! I'm in the same boat, still need to hook mine up. Got mine at Micro Center when the Black Walnut All-In bundle was on sale. 

• Like 2

Anyone still on the fence about purchasing a VCS should do it now. Those prices (the sale prices mentioned in this thread that are still active) are an absolute steal.

The Atari VCS is shaping up to be a very good console system. Now that Atari has shifted its focus to game development (and releasing said games on the VCS, and then sometimes implementing additional content to differentiate the VCS versions from, say, the Switch version(s) of the same game(s)), there’s plenty of new releases coming to the platform to be excited about.

Plus, the number of third-party developers writing games for the VCS is steadily increasing too. 

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 5

There are some direct from Atari sales going on through January 2nd. Black Walnut All-In has been discounted $50 to $349.99. Still not as good as the current GameStop sale but if you want Black Walnut, it's probably worth the $10 premium. Meanwhile, the Onyx Base System is down to $259.99. Finally, if you add a classic joystick or modern controller (a la carte) to any console purchase, you will get $10 off said joystick/controller ($49.99). Nearly all games in the VCS Store are also on sale through the holidays, both first-party and indie titles.

Happy Holidays!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, stirrell said:

It looks like Atari's sale on games for the VCS has gone live. It seems all of the third party titles are discounted. The latest 7800 titles and Asteroids: Recharged are still full price (not sure about the titles I own).

Nice! What kind of sales are we talking on the third-party stuff? 20% off?

3 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Nice! What kind of sales are we talking on the third-party stuff? 20% off?

Around 30% for most, I believe. Math is not my strongest suit. But many games previously $9.99 are now $6.59. Guntech 2 is $13.19. Darkside Detective is $9.74. Utopos is $3.99! So definitely a good sale in my opinion.

Edited by stirrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:08 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Picked up a 2nd Classic joystick.  

D8D8404E-D611-418B-BC44-2EBF7FACAAB9.jpeg

On 12/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, sramirez2008 said:

I was using the keyboard with my RPi. Figured I’d repurpose it for the new VCS.

Good stuff! I have same identical keyboard but it's branded by Inland and sold through MicroCenter.

I also use it for my Pi's. Currently using it on my Pi ZERO W (Atari800 specific only)

1933409249_IMG_20211217_1622051421.thumb.jpg.4d127b466f322aaea8f6e4572cebbdac.jpg

Just got this one today for my VCS from Amazon for $29.97. True mechanical 60% USB wired keyboard.

1615053854_IMG_20211217_1623082631.thumb.jpg.a67b8fbd16928e506d0183e7f7764a94.jpg

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 1

I’ve completed my library pretty much, the last game I had to pick up was Mutazione as i was on the fence about purchasing it since the beginning of the year as it was priced at £20 on the VCS store in the UK but I picked it up this morning thanks to the sale for £9.50 and I’ve really been enjoying it so far especially at the sale price I’d go as far to say it would definitely have been worth the £20 from the beginning but glad I have it now. 

• Like 3

Have been getting the VCS up and running over the past few days and picked up some games including Missile Command: Recharged (free with console purchase), Black Widow: Recharged, Centipede: Recharged, Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan, Guntech 2.0, Atari VCS Vault 2, Pedra! and Sir Lovelot. Gotta love the discounted pricing!

It was also nice to get that email from Atari this afternoon about their Steam sale. Couldn't help but purchase Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic for my Mac computer, as it was discounted 75% all the way down to $4.99! No-brainer. I suppose it'll work on the VCS in PC Mode once I get around to installing Windows. I'm relatively new to Steam so not too familiar with the ins and outs of that but we shall see.

• Like 2