Updated WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

Moved to Completed:

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

23 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Added to WIP:

It's awesome you keep track of all of this, which must be a lot.  I know you have the list by year at the beginning of the thread, in this case 2022.  Is there a master list of all the WIPs (e.g. all years, not just 2022, or 2021)?  I've long lost track, and I'm curious where some projects stand - even if not completed or planned completion.

1 hour ago, rdefabri said:

It's awesome you keep track of all of this, which must be a lot.  I know you have the list by year at the beginning of the thread, in this case 2022.  Is there a master list of all the WIPs (e.g. all years, not just 2022, or 2021)?  I've long lost track, and I'm curious where some projects stand - even if not completed or planned completion.

It's a fair amount of work, updated almost daily, I keep track of every Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, 8-Bit, Jaguar and Lynx homebrew release each year for the Annual Atari Homebrew Awards that I organize.

I know there's a cumulative list for Atari 2600 (spreadsheet), Atari 7800 (forum post) and Atari Lynx (database) but I'm not aware of one for Atari 8-Bit releases that organize them quite the same. What I've found are mostly download, forum or news sites. If you run across one, let me know as it would be very useful for research for me in the future!

- James

• Like 3

This might be of use/interest: it's my folder of alpha/beta programs I've collected over the years. It includes betas for some games that ended up being completed. I probably have a lot more in my Atari Temp folder; but I'll not be sorting through that soon.

Any games that jitter or exhibit other problems (slowdowns, etc.) in NTSC are probably PAL only (although I've labeled a lot of them as such). If you can't figure out how to play any of the games, just ask.

Atari 8-bit Betas.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrFish said:

If you can't figure out how to play any of the games, just ask.

One not-so-obvious keystroke that comes to mind for bringing up successive levels on Super Mario POS 3 (i.e: disk "Super Mario 3 [PAL].atr" in the "Super Mario 3" folder) is <SYSTEM RESET>. You might otherwise think it's just a one level demo. I don't recall how many levels there are; but it's a lot.

Another point here: there are several other versions of Super Mario POS 3 in the same folder, and I'm not entirely sure which one is the most recent. I know they all use the <SYSTEM RESET> key for accessing successive levels, though.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:30 PM, rdefabri said:

If you're still looking I ran across this website that lists thousands of Atari 8-Bit games either by letter, year or publisher for games dating 1979 to 2022.

Gury's Atari 8-bit Forever Portal: https://gury.atari8.info/

- James

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 2:43 PM, MrFish said:

This might be of use/interest: it's my folder of alpha/beta programs I've collected over the years. It includes betas for some games that ended up being completed. I probably have a lot more in my Atari Temp folder; but I'll not be sorting through that soon.

Any games that jitter or exhibit other problems (slowdowns, etc.) in NTSC are probably PAL only (although I've labeled a lot of them as such). If you can't figure out how to play any of the games, just ask.

Atari 8-bit Betas.zip 9.88 MB · 21 downloads

This is really cool - thanks for posting it!

• Thanks 1

NOTE: I've been away on vacation and then sick for a bit, time to catch up!!

Added to Completed:

Updated Completed:

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

dye - Heritage Edition (A8) by Christian Krueger @Irgendwer | Video Only (20220901) | NOTE: Part of ABBUC Software Contest 2022 / Update of dye (2016) with additional levels | Listing Updated: Sep 12, 2022

Thanks for the update and have a good recovery!

"dye - HE" isn't an update of "dye": The level set is a complete different one and while "dye" is art themed, "dye HE" has world heritage sites as theme.

(Beside of technical changes like "SNACK" support or support for the A800 OS, NTSC is taken into account etc.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

Thanks for the update and have a good recovery!

"dye - HE" isn't an update of "dye": The level set is a complete different one and while "dye" is art themed, "dye HE" has world heritage sites as theme.

(Beside of technical changes like "SNACK" support or support for the A800 OS, NTSC is taken into account etc.)

Thank you for the additional information! I've updated the listing. 🙂

- James

• Thanks 1