IGNORED

Champ Games - Elevator Agent (aka Elevator Action) for the Atari 2600

johnnywc

On 11/18/2023 at 10:43 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

Any way of being notified by email when physical copies go up for sale on champ.games?  I want to get my orders in asap to avoid disappointment.  FYI, put me down for definite purchases of Elevator Agent, Turbo Arcade and Ladybug Arcade.

https://champ.games/f/turbo-arcade-elevator-agent-released-plus-cartridges-for-sale

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Philsan said:

Thanks for posting that link! :) 

Champ Games is happy to announce the both Elevator Agent and Turbo Arcade are now available for purchase in our online store, both as physical cartridges and digital ROMs.

We have also added physical cartridges (including box, manual, and 10x14 poster) to our store for ten previously released games:

• Scramble
  • Super Cobra Arcade
  • Mappy
  • Wizard of Wor Arcade
  • Galagon
  • Zoo Keeper
  • RobotWar: 2684
  • Lady Bug Arcade
  • Qyx
  • Gorf Arcade

For the cartridges, we have added a "Add digital ROM?" option when ordering if you want to buy both the cartridge and ROM at the same time (includes a $5 discount) or you can order just the ROM or just the cartridge.

NOTE: Cartridges for most Champ Games will only work on an original Atari 2600.  They will not work on the new Atari 2600+ or the RetroN 77.  I know Atari is actively looking into seeing if they can update the firmware to the Atari 2600+ to support the more advanced games - hopefully they can figure it out! 🤞

Additionally, if you are interested in the ROMs for Turbo Arcade or Elevator Agent, please be aware that since they are > 32K Melody/ARM based games, they do NOT work on a Harmony or Harmony Encore (or the Unocart or PlusCart, but that is true for all Melody based games).  Right now the only way to play either of these games on a real Atari is with the physical cartridge.  The ROMs are supported by Stella 6.7 and Gopher2600 (latest version).  Fred @batari has plans on either a new Harmony-type cart or expansion module that will support these ROMs in the future (I'll let him add more details).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my right-hand man, the one and only @Nathan Strum for all of his help the last few months setting up all of the publishing and printing, preparing for PRGE, helping with the online store, all while still making significant contributions to the games themselves (almost forgot about those! :P ) including the amazing graphics (all those months with the Turbo Arcade 3D scenes! :o ), artwork for the boxes/manuals/labels/posters plus the manuals themselves, game design and so much more.  Certainly without his help these games would not have been possible, and definitely we would not be publishing our own games.  :) 

For Elevator Agent, I also want to thank @Pat Brady for the awesome sound effects and in-game music; what he was able to do with the limited TIA abilities is truly amazing! :music:  

Thank you also to all of the volunteer testers, including @Bomberman94, @McCallister , @Gray Defender, @Machine and James & Tanya from @ZeroPage Homebrew  for the countless hours of game testing and helpful suggestions!  A special thanks to @Bomberman94 for taking the lead on Elevator Agent testing and helping with the PAL60 color selections.  It only took about a dozen rounds of changes but I think we finally nailed it. ;) 

Finally, I'd like to thank @Albert for his guidance, suggestion and assistance during this transition, including such exciting topics as box sizes for shipping, types of bubble wrap (who knew there were so many! :o ), UV coatings, and too many others to list. ;)  Oh, and a quick shout out to Fred @batari for supplying the boards and shells for the cartridges both at PRGE and for our online store.  

Here's looking forward to 2024 and hopefully a return to game development - we have plenty more where these came from! :D 

Have fun!

John

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I noticed, maybe back on Friday or Saturday that the page had changed to released, but didn't see a way to order yet.  Was really excited to see the ability to order this morning when I checked in again!  How's the backlog looking as far as when we should expect shipment?  Think there's a chance of Christmas?

• Like 1

Awesome!  Have already placed my order for Elevator Agent, Turbo Arcade and Ladybug Arcade.  If these and my last chance AtariAge order and limited edition copy of Mr Run & Jump all arrive by Christmas, coupled with my 2600+ and brand new paddles already wrapped up and ready to open on Christmas morning, this is going to be the best Christmas haul in years!  

And before anyone points it out, yes I do know these won't play on a 2600+.  I do have original hardware too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 12:02 PM, nadir said:

I noticed, maybe back on Friday or Saturday that the page had changed to released, but didn't see a way to order yet.  Was really excited to see the ability to order this morning when I checked in again! 

Thanks for the support!  Yes, we were doing a "soft open" this weekend so it took a bit to get the store caught up with the announcements. :)  

On 12/4/2023 at 12:02 PM, nadir said:

How's the backlog looking as far as when we should expect shipment? Think there's a chance of Christmas?

We're hoping so!  We're waiting on parts (shells & boards) but have everything else ready to go and plan on shipping immediately once they arrive.  We'll post an update on our site when we get more info. 

On 12/4/2023 at 4:32 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

Awesome!  Have already placed my order for Elevator Agent, Turbo Arcade and Ladybug Arcade.  If these and my last chance AtariAge order and limited edition copy of Mr Run & Jump all arrive by Christmas, coupled with my 2600+ and brand new paddles already wrapped up and ready to open on Christmas morning, this is going to be the best Christmas haul in years!  

Thanks for the support and I hope we can get those games shipped in time for Christmas! 🤞

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is UNBOXING Elevator Agent with a LIVE Video Interview with John Champeau from Champ Games on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elevator Agent was originally scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday the 26th, but the USPS managed to get it to my house 1 business day earlier, so I had it in plenty of time for Christmas!  Unfortunately no shipment notification on my AtariAge Last Chance order yet, but that just gives me something to look forward to in the new year.  :)

Anyways, Elevator Agent is incredible!  Been playing in on my 7800 with my Edladdin Super 78 and it's an all around amazing experience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2023 at 2:08 PM, nadir said:

Elevator Agent was originally scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday the 26th, but the USPS managed to get it to my house 1 business day earlier, so I had it in plenty of time for Christmas! 

Awesome, glad it arrived safe and sound (and early! :thumbsup: )

Unfortunately no shipment notification on my AtariAge Last Chance order yet, but that just gives me something to look forward to in the new year.  :)

I'm sure Al has about 100 times more orders than I have to process. :P  

Anyways, Elevator Agent is incredible!  Been playing in on my 7800 with my Edladdin Super 78 and it's an all around amazing experience!

Great!  Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for the support! :D  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

1 hour ago, CrazyChris said:

Why does the player jump when going from crouching to standing?

With a 1 button joystick, to stand from a crouch position you need to hold down the button while pushing up.  If you don't hold down the button the player will jump from a crouching position.  

With a a 2 button joystick the agent will stand from a crouch position when pushing up; press the second button to jump from the crouch position.

Hope that helps!

John

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 9:26 PM, johnnywc said:

Hi there!

With a 1 button joystick, to stand from a crouch position you need to hold down the button while pushing up.  If you don't hold down the button the player will jump from a crouching position.  

With a a 2 button joystick the agent will stand from a crouch position when pushing up; press the second button to jump from the crouch position.

Hope that helps!

John

Thanks John. :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost impossible to believe these great games are on the same game system that gave us such a disappointment in 1982 with Pac-Man...

I wish I could take a single copy of Galagon, Mappy, Zookeeper, and Elevator Agent back in time for just one week and show it off to my old gang.  Probably would be executed for witchcraft, lol.  

Edited by eddhell
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, eddhell said:

Almost impossible to believe these great games are on the same game system that gave us such a disappointment in 1982 with Pac-Man...

I wish I could take a single copy of Galagon, Mappy, Zookeeper, and Elevator Agent back in time for just one week and show it off to my old gang.  Probably would be executed for witchcraft, lol.  

The ARM chips provide far more extra CPU power than what was affordable back then. And the hardware would have filled a whole room. Or more.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The ARM chips provide far more extra CPU power than what was affordable back then. And the hardware would have filled a whole room. Or more.

True!  Luckily, @eddhell would be travelling back in time with just the cartridges so no whole room full of computers needed. ;) (of course, the downside is that he probably gets burned at the stake for witchcraft :P )

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 4:09 PM, maiki said:

It is really sad that Harmony Cartridge owners cannot play these games on real console. I remember I could run Draconian by Spiceware on my Harmony...

Yes, we're hoping Fred @batari is able to provide a solution soon so people can play > 32K ARM games on the Harmony or a similar device! 🤞

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

This port is excellent and I'm happy to have it in my collection. These days its hard to find the actual coin-op to play. I used to play it quite frequently at the Morristown Game Vault (in NJ) when I would visit New Jersey for work. This aracade has a great selection of coin-ops including the Baby Pac-Man and Baby Pac always worked as did all of their other coin-ops and pinball machines. I recommend this arcade to anyone that's in the area. They take really good care of their equipment.

• Like 2