IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Atari is just trolling Amico at this point… releasing next month!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/05/ataris-first-sprint-game-in-three-decades-launches-on-switch-next-month

Quick, Amico shills, explain how Sideswipers is better. Bonus points for a “marketing” anecdote.

Sideswipers isn't finished yet, so the sky's the limit for that one.  But this lame Atari game is virtually finished so "what you see is what you get" with not a lot of room for improvement.  In another 10 years, when AI and 1 more track is added to Sideswipers, it'll be exactly the game that umpteen billions of people in our focus groups have been clamoring for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/05/ataris-first-sprint-game-in-three-decades-launches-on-switch-next-month

Quick, Amico shills, explain how Sideswipers is better. Bonus points for a “marketing” anecdote.

The game looks slow! Amico wins!

• Haha 1

I'm also stealing that idea for the cornhole song:

It's early access, the cult comes out
Last update was shaky and years in doubt
My phone is purring, it scratches my skin
So what is wrong with another spin?
John is hungry, he needs to tell
So give him praises and feed him well
More days to come, new excuses to go
I've got to leave, it's time for a throw

Here I am
Bag you like a cornhole
  • Haha 3

On 5/20/2024 at 6:57 AM, jerseystyle said:

Remember when Tommy was so confident the Amico would release before Atari's system?  Those were the days. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Remember when Tommy was so confident the Amico would release before Atari's system?  Those were the days. 

Hey now if you don't like it you can go create your own thread!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Oh, so I'm just a music guy?  I will ask you to please leave as this is now cyberbullying!  

I will only leave if you throw one of those guitar picks you air guitar with right out the door!!!

RDT_20240521_1847263418289088181015041-ezgif.com-resize.thumb.jpg.15688aae928d1f08df8c539f58872f8d.jpg

I'm going to leave and start my own thread.

Screenshot_20240521_174106_YouTube-ezgif.com-added-text.jpg.1dec00c448c297dba7f984a18827dc57.jpg

• Haha 2

I have an idea for a new game system!  It's Android based.

Programmers:  Urr, NVidia couldn't even pull that off and nobody wants to program for Android.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I have an idea for a new game system!  It's Android based.

Programmers:  Urr, NVidia couldn't even pull that off and nobody wants to program for Android.

Futurama Shut Up And Take My Money GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I just picked up a Retroid Pocket 4 Pro, and that's an Android-based system.

It arrived in under a week, so comparisons with the Amico would have to end there.

I have the Retroid 3+ and dig it.  Its always nice seeing hardware that actually releases and isn't attached to some braggadocious doofus hung up on achievements that we later find out they didn't actually do.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I have the Retroid 3+ and dig it.  Its always nice seeing hardware that actually releases and isn't attached to some braggadocious doofus hung up on achievements that we later find out they didn't actually do.  

Screenshot_20240521_174249_YouTube-ezgif.com-added-text.thumb.jpg.e9c9d8420edaa66d2cd504bb0b57c91a.jpg

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Not enough punishment.  He needs to be a janitor working at Taco Bell unclogging digested cantina chicken quesadilla combos.

tommy_toilet.jpg.47b1fb79003df5b9b98e2460f761814b.jpg

:lol: lol...duly noted, and updated.

This is of course good news for classic gaming fans as I believe the current Atari regime, post-VCS, are excellent stewards, but what I REALLY can't wait for is how the Amico superfans spin this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

This is of course good news for classic gaming fans as I believe the current Atari regime, post-VCS, are excellent stewards, but what I REALLY can't wait for is how the Amico superfans spin this. 

Well now we can no longer call it Intellivision Amico.   Gotta rebrand this thread name as well.   To be honest I'd much rather play INTV games on a modern Atari system than the Amico or Amico home app.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1