IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Why/how is this farce still going, it was obvious since at least 2021 (being very generous here) that they were never going to release anything, how long can a fake company continue operating with a limited amount of money and no products to sell ( money stolen from gullible fool's might I had ), you would think having to pay taxes would have made them declare bankruptcy and sell the remaining Intelivision asset's to someone else by now ( would be hilarious if the buyer was Atari, considering all of  Tommy's constant boasting that he was going to win  the imaginary console war between the Amico and the VCS ).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, digdugnate said:

How do you know that the Adreno 506 is six times more powerful than a Chromecast?  Which people observed slowdown in some games during development?

Why would Amico Home require Amico controllers or something emulating them?

It's based on the GFLOPS compute performance, i.e. the theoretical limit of floating point operations it could manage in a second expressed in the billions. For the Chromecast this is around 20, for the Amico it's 120. For comparison, the PS5 scores around 10K and the Series X 12K.

The Adreno 506 was indeed OK by mobile phone standards a few years back. Here are some examples of what it can do:

I don't think you could pull that off on the Chromecast.

However, a flagship Amico game looks like this:

It's certainly got a few performance issues but I don't think that pushing the GPU to the limit is the cause of them.

For some examples of what the Chromecast can do:

You be the judge, but I'd reckon that it's in with a shot.

• Confused 1

On 9/11/2023 at 11:26 PM, MrBeefy said:

Nah it's people who just don't get it. Or have zero sense of humor. Heck someone was pissy in the Atari AA Q&A because I asked the Atari guy the type of tacos they liked.

It was a light hearted joke that the person handled well showing they either have a sense of humor or level head on their shoulders.

Even our own little mrme got pissy at me "making arbitrary goalposts" for IE and making fun of their inability to maintain their trademark. Some people are not made for the internet and take things way to seriously. If you can't make fun of yourself or a stupid situation you either are as interesting as a 2x4, an idiot, or some version of an asshole (all Amico hardcore fans).

If people want to be serious all the time they should get off the internet and become a social worker. Work with some poor struggling families, kids, or something amd realize their stupid fetishes with old games, consoles, or other dumb hobby is just that, dumb in the grand scheme of things. 

But NOOO, they have to go. DON'T MAKE FUN OF AMICO ITS MY FRIEND! WAHHH. 😂

agreed.gif.e847bfad5393562fdfe0c6bf34cff578.gif

On 9/12/2023 at 1:02 AM, famicommander said:

I'd still like some accountability from AtariAge itself about how all this went down. Many of the threads are still hidden and Tommy was essentially given his own pet staff and allowed to use AtariAge to further his scam for years.

I was never more proud to be a member of this community than when we collectively destroyed Mike Kennedy's Chameleon nonsense.

Conversely, I was never more ashamed to be a member than when everyone drank Tommy's Kool-Aid.

I still think the community deserves a full explanation, a full apology, and a return of every Amico-related thread to public viewability. 

I'd just love Al to have that 'Footbath shitshow' thread revived as read only, just for the "Family Gaming" game memes.  Funny as f%&k! 

On 9/12/2023 at 5:33 AM, JPF997 said:

Okay I'm officially leaving this conversation before I'm accused of being something I'm not and/or be judged because of a dumb misunderstanding, have a nice day.

tissue.gif.dafe2ed7354e56cbcf0cb0341579ca54.gif

On 9/13/2023 at 12:12 AM, Flojomojo said:

Faux Lambo. Lambeaux? Probably a Pontiac Fiero with a skin. 

Whatever it is, the burden of proof is on @Tommy Tallarico if he wants to be thought of as anything but a fraud and a liar. 

https://tommytallarico.com

amicot4.jpg.ad7ba7af8056e69e0fd7bb29a1b3b6a1.jpg

On 9/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, frankodragon said:

Just pay the damn bill, TT!  He's not going to get out of this one. (Which he is still stubborn to this day about.)

image.thumb.png.d6cd83e5ccdce66630cfae84c212ddcc.png

amicot5.jpg.b0049fac2571f6b9b019acac820148f5.jpg

On 9/15/2023 at 2:02 AM, mr_me said:

I basically said the same thing you said, that they could refer to an agreement with retailers.

In manufacturing, production and pre-production does have meaning and they did use the terms incorrectly; and I've said so in these forums.  If all exclusive was a policy at one time then they certainly have the right to change their policy, especially when the thing is in development.  If they didn't have an agreement with retailers then saying that would be problematic. If they did have an agreement and the audience knowing it wasn't released, then maybe it's just nitpicking. 

That's not what I'm doing.

tantrum-kid.gif.9d4c26bebaa92ff71809b7f0851ca01f.gif

On 9/15/2023 at 2:23 AM, rayik said:

Amico Home was demonstrated.

From what I remember TT saying:

• Couch coop play cannot be done with mobile gaming on cell phones
  • Amico controller is necessary to get the full Amico game experience
  • Amico console is simple to use - grandparents can set up
  • Amico console is not an Android box

I first read that as " Couch poop play".  Very fitting!

On 9/15/2023 at 9:05 AM, rayik said:

It just hit me.  Amico Home requires two phones for someone to play a single player game. One phone for the screen and another for the controller. What a cobbled together mess!

amicoconsole2phones.thumb.jpg.43466de007902fcd9bc8f9789ee4c5f9.jpg

On 9/16/2023 at 3:40 AM, GoldLeader said:

And if my aunt had balls,  she'd be my uncle...

Jesus Goldy!  Bad pictures in my head! 

headache.gif.af779d31fabde5554888cdc1cc2042ec.gif

• Haha 8

23 hours ago, JPF997 said:

Why/how is this farce still going, it was obvious since at least 2021 (being very generous here) that they were never going to release anything, how long can a fake company continue operating with a limited amount of money and no products to sell ( money stolen from gullible fool's might I had ), you would think having to pay taxes would have made them declare bankruptcy and sell the remaining Intelivision asset's to someone else by now ( would be hilarious if the buyer was Atari, considering all of  Tommy's constant boasting that he was going to win  the imaginary console war between the Amico and the VCS ).

It's still going because they are trying to avoid lawsuits. They lied about their progress the whole way. 

Recently Amico Home was featured on a stream. They were talking about how this was hitting some of their goals and it wasn't replacing the console. Nick and John were in the chat encouraging these guys but not answering things themselves.

It is pretty obvious that they avoid answering and making announcements as plausible deniability. That way they can say DJC didn't understand and get it wrong.

They probably won't file bankruptcy because of the Sudesh loan. They owe him $100 per console sold up to around 6000 consoles. Word is they were going to file for bankruptcy but someone blocked it. That was most likely Sudesh.

Atari has M-Network, and BBG owns Astrosmash and Shark Shark now. They aren't operating normally. Their office is a UPS store, and this Amico Home is them literally distributing the Amico OS apk to these guys. 

• Like 2

I believe that five years is also what it takes for the revenue sharing agreements with Fig and Republic to expire.

They're basically just running down the clock on their liabilities while selling off their assets in ways that they can argue aren't raising revenue that they'd have to share.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

They probably won't file bankruptcy because of the Sudesh loan. They owe him $100 per console sold up to around 6000 consoles. Word is they were going to file for bankruptcy but someone blocked it. That was most likely Sudesh.

Several if not all the directors were owed money.  He also had much more money invested as company equity than that loan.  

On 9/16/2023 at 6:40 PM, JPF997 said:

If you raise 40 million bucks, don't pay your debts, aren't really doing anything that seems to be worth more than the cost of a fiverr person, and you only have a few salaries + vacations to pay for, I'd imagine that can stretch for quite a while.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

If you raise 40 million bucks, don't pay your debts, aren't really doing anything that seems to be worth more than the cost of a fiverr person, and you only have a few salaries + vacations to pay for, I'd imagine that can stretch for quite a while.

A lot of the loans are from themselves.  There are others from external sources.  One was due last year, so that would have been addressed, perhaps it was extended since they weren't forced into bankruptcy.  The other is due in 2024, so they'll have to deal with that next year.

-----------

I don't think they said who the external sources are.

^^^^^^^^

Edited by mr_me

46 minutes ago, mr_me said:

A lot of the loans are from themselves.  There are others from external sources.  One was due last year, so that would have been addressed, perhaps it was extended, since they weren't forced into bankruptcy.  The other is due in 2024, so they'll have to deal with that next year.

where does it show the loans are from themselves?  What are the external sources?

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

A lot of the loans are from themselves.  There are others from external sources.  One was due last year, so that would have been addressed, perhaps it was extended since they weren't forced into bankruptcy.  The other is due in 2024, so they'll have to deal with that next year.

-----------

I don't think they said who the external sources are.

^^^^^^^^

Ah, well.... gimme the breakdown of how much they borrowed from themselves subtracted from how much they stole from others and I'll amend my comment.

With the financial/legal documents that have been shared, has anything addressed whether or not those "loans from themselves' were (or are still being) repaid?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Ah, well.... gimme the breakdown of how much they borrowed from themselves subtracted from how much they stole from others and I'll amend my comment.

With the financial/legal documents that have been shared, has anything addressed whether or not those "loans from themselves' were (or are still being) repaid?

A portion of those loans were paid back in 2021 but that was replaced with more loans from themselves.  No need to amend your comment.  What I'm saying is that the amount that can force bankruptcy is smaller than the total debt but still very significant.  The 2022 loan deadline passed uneventfully we'll see what happens in 2024.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, digdugnate said:

where does it show the loans are from themselves?  What are the external sources?

Probably in their SEC filing when they tried to raise funds using StartEngine. It’s a long document: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1909726/000166516022000236/offeringmemoformc.pdf

They were already almost broke by this time, and @Tommy Tallarico had made himself scarce, possibly not of his own choosing. This is the most complete financial information the public ever saw about this deal all at once. 

It would be interesting to see an updated version of this report, but unless Intellivision were to attempt another fundraiser, it’s unlikely to happen outside of bankruptcy court. 

I agree with what others have said about Intellivision management lying low until statutes of limitations and contractual obligations to Fig/Republic blow over. 

Such courage!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d709a742ce903f711697

• Like 5

Guess I owe everyone here an apology, after researching this topic a bit further you guys were right, Tommy didn't deserve any benefit of the doubt, the old mods allowing him to spread his bs here on Atari age for as long as he did was a mistake, clearly he abused his right to free speech and maliciously spread lies and misinformation to manipulate the more gullible user's to donate they're hard earned money to a scam that was never gonna produce anything of value ( unless you count fake physical games as value ), Al should have shut Tommy's mouth up the moment he started "crowdfunding" for the Amico.

I still think people like Pat and Ian are not to be trusted though, just because they we're right about the Amico and Tommy doesn't excuse all the other stuff they've done, the way they handled the Diablo Immortal  situation in particular is what made me lose a great deal of respect towards them, after that I've always taken they're opinions with a massive grain of salt  ( I think that's the correct expression to use in a situation like this right,  Americans seem to use this expression a lot in similar contexts).

Two things I will never get.

1) why do people find this thread, say Tommy can say what he wants. FREE SPEECH! Then come back after "research" and apologize. AND they get mad that they don't like Pat Contri's, FREE SPEECH! 

And 2) Why do nerds cry over Diablo so much?

image0.gif.0e0b91f219719f52c3e111cd688b4ec8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5